Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

email

4 posters

:: FORUM :: GENERAL CHAT

Go down

email  Empty email

Post by blacky Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:53 pm

INVITATION TO NOMINATE
The Board of Directors of West Adelaide Football Club seeks nominations from members who are interested in sitting on a Constitutional Review Working Group.
The principal objective of the working group is to make recommendations to the Board about changes or amendments to the club Constitution.
Specifically, the group will deal with issues related to:
• · eligibility criteria for member-elected directors
• · potentially redundant clauses in the Constitution
• · membership communication
The working group will meet at least fortnightly until the preliminary recommendations are presented to the Board by the end of September 2021. The number of member representatives will be limited to three (3) and nominations close at 5:00 pm on Monday 2nd August 2021.
To nominate, please email Club President at:
murray.forbes@westadelaidefc.com.au
Please state your full name and contact details, along with a brief summary of how you can add value to the working group. Your nomination will be considered by the Board, who will advise the result on Tuesday 3rd August 2021.
Should you wish further details to assist in your decision whether to nominate, please feel free to email me directly. Please note – the positions are voluntary with no remuneration offered.
West Adelaide Football Club
Murray Forbes
President

he's an opportunity for all the committee knockers to have there say
if they are members of course
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

email  Empty Re: email

Post by Coolie Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:28 am

Interesting. Particularly eligibility criteria for member elected directors.
After a quick look at our constitution,  I could not find any reference to this ?
Considering our last  appointment for this position was NOT a member at the time of nomination. (I may be wrong)
Interesting also to note advertiser today Carlton board is wanting to WAIVE the requirement for directors to have been members for at least two years........
A cynical p... like me may think this is an underhand way for the board
To sure up the election of their nomination or maybe just reflective of the way members no longer, for what ever reason, are losing contact with their boards and running of their footy club
Coolie

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:25 pm

I think this is likely to lead to the member-elected person to have been a member for at least two (preferably more) years and that would be a good thing. I think oldfella has suggested this strongly.

Yes, the last election was a new member, no doubt supported by the Board, against a 50 year member.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by Coolie Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:53 pm

I'm with you. IMO the nominee must have been a member of the club for 2+ years. The position is, afterall, a representative of the members.
The problem I see with these working groups, is not so much apathy on behalf of members to participate, rather them being in a position to afford the time to dedicate to the group. Such time commitments preclude many members from participating and not everyone has the inclination to work in such groups.
Thanks for clarrifying re last appointment.
Coolie

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by macca Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:58 pm

i see that the biggest one complaining about the commitee hasnt made a comment
macca
macca

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:47 pm