Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pick your team

5 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Pick your team Empty Pick your team

Post by aldo russian Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:40 pm

It looks like our recruiting might be done so let's see what posters think our best team for this year looks like, assuming all players are available. Obviously there's a lot of guesswork without seeing trial form, but here's my stab.

Johnson Beech Rana
Murphy Ellam Gore
Boyle K.Stevens Waite
Duncan Duvall Sinderberry
Hill Keough Ryan

R: Babic Lovell Maguire

I/C: Schiller, Chamberlain, Meline, Levicki

Rana to relieve in ruck.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1393

Back to top Go down

Pick your team Empty Re: Pick your team

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:20 pm

Interesting.

I'd have Ellem at FF, Keough at CHF, Johnson and Beech on the forward flanks.

Reckon Levicki will stay at CHB, Duvall back pocket.

Ruck is a huge worry. I rate Rana, but not as a ruckman, more key position eventually.

On ball looks much stronger, defence is fine, attack a work in progress, depth - deoends on recruits îability.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:34 pm

I put Keogh back because I think that's where he's played his best footy. He made the State side as a full back, and I think he's often shut out of the game for long periods up forward.
Also I thought Ellam's accurate long kick would be a little wasted if he plays closer to goal, though I guess there aren't really set positions these days.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1393

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:03 pm

My team

FF Murphy Ellam Gore
HF Beech Rana Johnson
C Boyle Stevens Waite
HB Dunkin Keough Hill
FB Anderson Ryan Duval

1stR Cleeland Lovell Maguire
2ndR Rana Meline Schiller

Int Schiller,Chamberlain,Meline Levicki

Sinderberry is very unlucky. I would give Cleeland the first opportunity in Ruck, mind you we are so exposed in this area. Rana to play as the Second Ruck with only minimal time spent in that position.

I would definitely play Murphy up forward as we need a third tall who can make an impact, I would give him a run on the ball during a game.

If we were to play 3 tall forwards McKenzie would come into the side with Levicki missing out and Murphy would start in the midfield.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1038

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:21 pm

Our midfield is obviously stronger given our recruiting.
Secondly it’s a new look forward line and young Ellam and Rana will play important roles for us. We need to give them time, but I think both could become very good SANFL Players.
Rana has struggled with injury during the past couple of years, but he is a competitor and I think he is a KPP first and a back up Ruckman second.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:00 pm

How is ellen going fitness wise. Think he needed to lose a few kg. Will be a great asset.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:28 pm

Levicki missing out?

Wasn't he BOG in out last game?

There is no way Rana would be selected before Levicki IMO.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:34 pm

No one has Hugh Haysman in their team.
Surely he gets in....
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 814

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:56 pm

It’s very objective to pick your team and that’s why it’s great to have this discussion again. We now have players fighting for the same position, that’s provided our recruits can make the grade.
I wouldn’t play Haysman as his ball use isn’t great and I think he needs to find more of the ball.
I would play Keough in defence as that’s where he plays his best and he can go forward if need be.
As for Levicki I think he needs to find more of the footy. He played his best footy for Norwood a few years ago with his rebound and run. He seems to be more interested in defending these days.
Our 2 key defenders last year our similar types and I think one of them needs to become more attacking and to go for their Marks more and that’s another reason for Keough to play back.
At least we have options.

Obviously the Ruck Position is a major concern.

As Lee said our a forward line is a work in progress and there will be a number of new players who will be given an opportunity.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down