Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's get the basics right

3 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Let's get the basics right  Empty Let's get the basics right

Post by Saundo Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:47 am

Would like to comment on the little basic things as everything starts from the bottom. My daughter now 10 & my son now 2 are both young bloods members. 2015 my daughter got a birthday card a week late but loved it anyway. 2016 she never got one until I rang up. 2017 she never got one and neither did my son. I sent an email however no response. Kids are the future and we need to be getting them on board. Something so little can go a long way. As a result of this I never renewed my membership after 25 years. Fickle you may say but if someone who is responsible for this can't be bothered or isn't capable I can't be bothered.
A few years back I hadn't yet renewed my membership and one of the players rang me. What a great idea not only did I renew my membership but also bought a season ticket. Little things go a long way.
Saundo
Saundo

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Let's get the basics right  Empty Re: Let's get the basics right

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:20 am

Welcome Saundo.

You are quite right, getting the little things right is vital.

If you can PM your contact details, I'll get back to you.

I have stressed that our future as a club is dependent on the goodwill of our members and supporters, so I'll make sure we fix this.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Saundo wrote:Would like to comment on the little basic things as everything starts from the bottom. My daughter now 10 & my son now 2 are both young bloods members. 2015 my daughter got a birthday card a week late but loved it anyway. 2016 she never got one until I rang up. 2017 she never got one and neither did my son. I sent an email however no response. Kids are the future and we need to be getting them on board. Something so little can go a long way. As a result of this I never renewed my membership after 25 years. Fickle you may say but if someone who is responsible for this can't be bothered or isn't capable I can't be bothered.
A few years back I hadn't yet renewed my membership and one of the players rang me. What a great idea not only did I renew my membership but also bought a season ticket. Little things go a long way.

Thanks for going to the trouble of posting this Saundo. I had the same experience. Mt grandaughter (now 9) became a Wolverine in 2015, I think it was, and is still listed as a member according to the short video thanking members. A birthday card the first year, nothing the second year until I went down to the club and asked for one. however it wasn't the same because she wanted to receive it in the post on her birthday. I also took my grand kids to the Westies Family Christmas get together a couple of years ago and they had a great time. Why wasn't this continued. I take them to the club for a meal frequently and they enjoy the experience. It is also very affordable and I encourage all members to take advantage of this good value. Again, it's the little things that count. The kids now have to choose between an ice cream or a drink with their kids meal, previously they got both. They were not impressed. For heaven's sake charge a little more or just include it. As Saundo says kids are our future and we need to be winning them over now. The little things do count. I would like to be supporting the Bloods for another 100 years, but that seems unlikely.
As a family we all went on the Parkinson's Walk in support of a good cause but also in support of Mark. Thanks to Mark and the players who took the time to interact and be photographed with my son Sean. He is on board for life, largely as a result of being able to interact with the players. PR is very important.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Saundo Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Hi Lee feel free to call anytime during business hours. I can be contacted on a business phone 0455 555 442. I'm happy to volunteer my time to assist the club in anyway even if it is monitor birthdays and post our birthday cards however if there is anyway I can assist most times it would need to be done from my home. Go Bloods
Saundo
Saundo

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:20 pm

Will do, Saundo, thanks!
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down