Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West vs South July 22nd @ Arctic Park

+9
aldo russian
The Axis
bundy
Oldfella
firstblood
Lee Harradine
TAAARS
Thiele
brodlach
13 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West vs South July 22nd @ Arctic Park Empty West vs South July 22nd @ Arctic Park

Post by brodlach Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Well after a good win the Drums are Beating (or is that signs Wink ) that if we win this week we will be OFF THE BOTTOM!! (Assuming North lose to the Eagles)

Can we go 4 from the past 5??

I think so by 23 points

I hope a win is the focus after the game than someone's story.
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

West vs South July 22nd @ Arctic Park Empty Re: West vs South July 22nd @ Arctic Park

Post by Thiele Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Schmidt is out with a hamstring

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

West vs South July 22nd @ Arctic Park Empty Re: West vs South July 22nd @ Arctic Park

Post by TAAARS Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:26 pm

No chance sorry,...... Im back from holidays and hope to make the game silent
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:43 pm

TAAARS wrote:No chance sorry,...... Im back from holidays and hope to make the game silent

Sorry TAAARS, You're BAAARRED from entering the ground.  Very Happy
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:39 pm

South said its ok to toot your horns and make some noise

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:15 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:
TAAARS wrote:No chance sorry,...... Im back from holidays and hope to make the game silent

I agree with Lee...p##s off TAAARS.  Smile Very Happy Very Happy
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:32 am

Fair go fellas you have had 3 wins in my absence,what more do you want? However for the right $'s I could be encouraged to go away again.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:17 am

I will get security on you like i did last time you got out of order

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1044
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:50 pm

West Adelaide will be without a pair of experienced campaigners for its clash with South on Saturday.
Captain Chris Schmidt (hamstring) and defender Logan Hill (calf) have succumbed to soft tissue injuries in a blow to the Bloods’ 23-man squad.
Former Geelong rookie Zac Bates returns from a knee complaint to be named on the wing while Tom Pillion, Josh Ryan and Jack Evans have all been added to the five-man extended interchange bench.
Half-back Errin Wasley-Black will play his 50th Macca’s League game.
League
F: Rankine, Silverlock, Green
HF: Turner, Middleton, Karpany
C: Batley, K. Stevens, Bates
HB: Agostino, Burgess, Wasley-Black
B: Caire, Wilson, Favretto

R: McPherson, Schiller, Fielke
INT: Pillion, J. Ryan, Noble, Haysman, J. Evans
IN: Pillion, Bates, J. Ryan, J. Evans
OUT: Hill (calf), Schmidt (hamstring)
Reserves
Waite, Head, Anderson, Smithson, Peter, Carger, Ryan, Heitmann, Iannucci, I. Johnson, Inglis, Majok, Holliday, O. Johnson, Scott, Halkias, Fairlie, J. Stevens, Lynch, Crump, L. Evans.
Under-18
Nunan, Eichner, Gutsche, Caruso, May, Baker, Crump, Walton, Geddes-Ryan, Boots, Jones, Gibson, Hay, Laube, Milde, Sinderberry, Smithson, Stidiford, Rana, Woolridge, Westley, Satanek, Dunkin, Hannagan.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:20 am

firstblood wrote:
Lee Harradine wrote:

I agree with Lee...p##s off TAAARS.  Smile Very Happy Very Happy

Very disappointed with the above comments.A nicer guy i have never met, a thorougher gentleman is Taaars. affraid affraid
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:15 am

Bundy --- agree with this taars is a nice man but if we lose this weekend he is banished from australia during the footy season lol

Reference this weekends game, while the loss of chris and logan is a large loss i feel the team is actually playing some very good team football at the moment (hidden by poor goal kicking) and i have confidence that the replacements are ready and will play solid team oriented football

Westies in a great game to win for me

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:22 pm

Thanks for those kind words about me Bundy.It was just lovely. Now how much was it we agreed that I pay you for your post? Embarassed
TAAARS
TAAARS

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:37 am

Thanks Taaars just the usual carton. Very Happy
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:42 pm

What a great win today missing Chris Schmidt, Logan Hill and Shannon Green.

Amother grewt game by stevens he must be a short price favourite for the clubs b&F

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by The Axis Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:58 pm

A very impressive win built on intense pressure around the ball and a great first quarter start. 
So good to be off the foot of the ladder.
484 days..... long enough!
The Axis
The Axis

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:14 pm

That's a pretty impressive win out there. I thought we were in trouble in the 3rd quarter when they outplayed us mostly and our effort dropped off a bit, but then we outplayed them into the wind for the last 20 minutes of the last quarter.

I thought Schiller was outstanding and was our best, followed by Kaine Stevens, Agostino and Noble. Noble's goal into the wind from the pocket was really important. As was Pillion's brilliant direction of the ball from a marking contest to a running Bates in the last quarter for a key goal. Bates had a shocker though, and a couple of our other smalls hardly gave a yelp. We need everyone contributing to give Sturt a shake.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:30 pm

A very pleasing win.
I have to agree with 'Aldo Russian' that Schiller was our best player his work in and under was magnificent. Stevens was again all class and will win the B&F very easily. Agostino and Noble were both important players  and they are becoming more and more comfortable at league level.
As you say 'Aldo' the goal by Noble from the boundary line in the 2nd quarter was outstanding.

The players really found something in the last quarter after south scored the first  3 goals.

Sturt next week is a real test and let's hope we are competitive.

Last edited by Lachlan on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1023

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Yeah, another vote for Number 10..... goes in hard.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:34 pm

Kenny Karpany had 17 tackles.

That's exceptional.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by ccrump Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:48 pm

Tackless is an interesting stat.
Schiller n Feilke have had 183 tackles between them this yr.
2 very similar playerss and both very underated as they aren't the fancy players
ccrump
ccrump

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:18 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:Kenny Karpany had 17 tackles.

That's exceptional.

He's got to do better than 9 disposals though. I'd rather he had 17 disposals and 9 tackles.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 pm

Very unattractive game. Scrappy, lots of mistakes and turnovers and with heaps of stoppages but tough and hard fought. The wind directed the play into the scoreboard pocket where the game was pretty much played out. South had more kicks, marks and handballs but we gave them a few goals by handballing straight to them. We won it in the first Q and defended for the rest of the game. Stevens and Schiller were terrific with their inside work and Noble was pretty good breaking the game open. Still, a great away win in trying conditions and without Hill, Schmidt and Green. We’ve won four of our last 5 and we are off the bottom of the table. Sturt next week. Hopefully we can continue to create some more havoc on the premiership table.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:22 am

That surprises me that south had more kicks,marks,and handbslls because in my view we had the better of them all day and  we would have been robbed if we had lost. We were clearly the better side out there. I can only conclude their stats came from our pressure on them as they did what we used to do earlier in the season by kicking backwards,sideways and to no one all day. We also had out from our 1st pick players Keogh and Webb so that is 25% of our side sitting in the crowd. Our 2nd tier players really stood up and I reckon they will soon become on our 1st pick list.
Will be interesting  next game v Sturt because if we bring the same endevour to that game we are a real chance at home.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:26 am

To be fair they were missing, off the top of my head, Overall, Haren, Secull and Gotch.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum