Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AGM

+2
Richmond Rocker
Lee Harradine
6 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

AGM  Empty AGM

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:56 pm

The Annual Report is available and the AGM is on Monday week.

There was a loss of $228K, but after depreciation, a cash loss of about $40K.

Anyone who wants a chat before or after the AGM, please feel free to say hello and ask about any issues at all.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

AGM  Empty Re: AGM

Post by Richmond Rocker Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:42 pm

Could they print the financials any smaller in the post i received. Surely the figures could be in the same Font as the rest of the book.
I am working my way through the data but due to eyesight issues I may be delayed in formulating an opinion of the reslult
Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:56 pm

That's a very fair point, RR.

For my sins, I have been appointed Finance Director of the Club.

We will be reporting to members on our ongoing performance about each three months.

Meanwhile, RR, I am happy to answer any questions members have about our financial position, which I will answer either here, on the Club website or by PM.

We need all supporters to renew their memberships or join up this year.

It is appreciated and makes a difference,
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:44 pm

Yes R.R - we are looking at the size of font for financials - some history behind it was that it saved lots of money when we use to print the AGM's off-site. The financials at a larger size took many pages and hence they were reduced in size for costs. Now we print them via PDF and email, we can re-visit this in the future.
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:20 pm

On that logic though Mark we could print them on microfiche and save even more. I can't read them on my emailed copy.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1360

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:21 pm

I should also add that John Kantilaftas' report was excellent. Some of the others weren't.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:50 pm

As I said, Aldo - it is something we the club and board will look at in future runs for PDF distributions - In other words, font change to the financials will be considered for 2016 AGM reporting on the 2015 season. The presentation of this years report was done well and quickly owing to late staff changes. I was amazed how well it was presented given the fact we were not able to use last years template to copy and paste data. So Aldo, no need for a micro-fiche reader at this stage.... Hopefully I have been clearer this time and my statements are now in context for you
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:53 am

No worries Mark.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:53 pm

Am I missing something??????

There was a loss of $228K, but after depreciation, a cash loss of about $40K.

You could put this on a billboard on South Road in calligraphy and it will not read any better!!!

Are we not just a little bit distracted from the basic fact we were the worst performing team at the end of season 2014 and we lost another bundle of money last financial year.

To Lee, Mark and the rest who slog their guts out to turn this great club around.  Please continue to focus on the big ticket issues and thanks for all your efforts!!
billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:00 pm

You aren't missing anything, br.

Your comment is accurate, we lost $228K.

A reasonable amount of that was for salaries and costs relating to reviews and putting new systems in place following the previous CEO's departure, along with a decline in gaming and match day revenue.

You will be pleased to know tose costs are no longer being paid or in the budget and we're budgeting for a profit in 2015. Budgets, of course, don't mean much unless they turn out to be accurate, but we have cut almost $200,000 of cots for 2014/15.

Your point is fair and the Board has made a number of major decisions which will show up in 2014/15.

As I said, as the new Finance Director, periodical results will be advised regularly from here.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:00 pm

Well done Lee.

I promised myself that I would manage my expectations for this coming season but based on what you have said there is a lot of room for optimism both on and off the field.
billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Lee

Your posts are a great read. Your passion for this football club is outstanding.
Keep up the great work

Last edited by Lachlan on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1025

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:44 am

thanks Lee and good luck in you new roll.

I said on this website a few moons ago that members should be updated regularly through the season on how the club is tracking. This is most important especially if the club post regular losses.
Its not good to hear all sorts of stuff and then find out we have had a big loss. I hope we can all be up front with our financial targets throughout the year so we can try to arrest issues during rather than at the end of the season. Again good luck and keep the info going.
Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:37 am

Thanks for your kind comments and the Board will keep members updated about all things at the Club.

The President and his team are making progress on the Unit Trust and our CEO announced a new, experienced Venue Manager.

Our new IT man, Scott, is already making excellent improvements in our website and social media areas.

I'm still in appreciation mode to the Westonians, who raised more than $90,000 last year.

We will be launching an appeal to members soon which will allow any contributions to be spent om areas the member or supporter specifcally want, such as recruiting, improvements, etc.

We'll keep you posted.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:29 pm

Great posts from all above - Keep asking questions of us your board as members and supporters. The more open we can all be, the stronger as a whole entity we will be which can only equate to greater sustained success.
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum