Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Say goodbye to....

+8
bundy
billrobs1
loppy19
Thiele
scorpion
testy
aldo russian
firstblood
12 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Say goodbye to....  Empty Say goodbye to....

Post by firstblood Wed May 21, 2014 11:18 am

The scoreboard. I believe a new one with a big screen will be installed.

Say goodbye to....  Scoreb10
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Say goodbye to....  Empty Re: Say goodbye to....

Post by aldo russian Wed May 21, 2014 1:23 pm

Our financial situation must have improved markedly to afford this. I therefore look forward to no more requests for my 'hard-earned' to help the club through "difficult financial times".
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Wed May 21, 2014 7:03 pm

Without knowing a thing it would have to have been payed for by someone outside of the club (sponsor, rich member), seems way over the top for an SANFL club.

If the club has paid for this, they need there fu@king head read.
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpion Wed May 21, 2014 7:25 pm

It comes from the USA It's been 10 wks getting here
scorpion
scorpion

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed May 21, 2014 10:10 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 11:18 pm

Now that we are rich can we get a couple of globes for our bloody lights. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 am

Good to see the club has it's finances in order and also it's priorities.
Would much prefer money be spent on recruiting and the team than this.

I have lost faith in the board and management, sorry to say.
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Thu May 22, 2014 9:23 am

Maybe a coach upgrade
billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 23, 2014 6:54 pm

I wonder if anybody on the board reads this site.

If so can you have the balls and let us members know who paid for this useless piece of shite just so the whopping crowds that we attract, to far too many night games, can benefit.  Question 

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sat May 24, 2014 12:47 pm

IS There any chance we can as members can band together and put in a vote of no confidence against the person or persons responsible for this unwarranted expense that the club does not need.These are the sort of persons we need gone at our club.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by inthruck Sat May 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Perhaps before too much more outrage and conclusion jumping, we might ask the question - what is the time/dollar payback for this "investment"?
As the actress is alleged to have said, I thought it would be a bit bigger!. But was pleased to get a crick in my neck looking up at it this afternoon.
inthruck
inthruck

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sat May 24, 2014 8:37 pm

I tend to think it is a good investment. I heard from a little bird that the club got $2000 today from the advertising on it. If true then that is $20000 a year. So it pays for itself in 7years. That's without any increase in advertising rates. It should last 10 to 20 years if as reported it is a good quality one so it should return a good profit over it's lifetime. Now if the Crows use Richmond oval next year onward as their home ground as rumored then it pays for itself in 3.5 yrs and the profit after is doubled.
My one gripe though is surely at the breaks we could have the progress scores displayed of the other games (SANFL and AFL). Today we had 2 other SANFL games on at the same time plus 1 AFL. Now before anyone says ...but the advertising must go on then, today we had periods when we got,BLOODS.....V......TIGERS.....Yes we know that. That is why we are sitting watching it. Much prefer the other scores thanks. That said I liked it.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat May 24, 2014 9:53 pm

I was recently appointed to the Board, joining 3 other new members, Kristen Dimitriou, Mark Beswick and Steve Georganas. The existing members are Richard Sykes, Graeme Barton, John Levy, Paul Sperling and Dean Withers.

The question was asked whether Board Members read this forum. I can only speak for myself. I read it avidly.

I'm sure all members of the Board are always happy to answer any members or supporters questions, within the bounds of Board confidentiality, whenever that is applicable

Most of the forum members here are passionate, life long Bloods supporters. So are the Board members, we share the same passion and decisions are always made with what we believe are the club's best interest at heart.

Personally, I identify with the feelings of a lot of friends on here and have joined the Board to add another voice for members and supporters, but I share that with all the Board members. At the same time, I am grateful for the experience and guidance of the existing Board Members and the ideas and enthusiasm of the new members.

If you see me at the footy and want to have a chat or ask a question, please do so. We're all looking for the same result.

Meanwhile, we had a great win today and I'm rapt.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sat May 24, 2014 10:44 pm

Some excellent posts above
I believe we will be able to lots more with the board but I dont think there has been much time spent playing with all the options as it was just installed.

Some good suggestions above though!

Whats even better than winning by 98 pts today is we have two weeks to enjoy it. The season is alive again!

Great to hear that Birss was v good in the magoos and Hardy got through again. Bad luck for Hayes today with his injury but we are slowly getting some depth back
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun May 25, 2014 11:54 am

Lee Harradine wrote:I was recently appointed to the Board, joining 3 other new members, Kristen Dimitriou, Mark Beswick and Steve Georganas.  The existing members are Richard Sykes, Graeme Barton, John Levy, Paul Sperling and Dean Withers.

The question was asked whether Board Members read this forum.  I can only speak for myself.  I read it avidly.

I'm sure all members of the Board are always happy to answer any members or supporters questions, within the bounds of Board confidentiality, whenever that is applicable

Most of the forum members here are passionate, life long Bloods supporters.  So are the Board members, we share the same passion and decisions are always made with what we believe are the club's best interest at heart.

Personally, I identify with the feelings of a lot of friends on here and have joined the Board to add another voice for members and supporters, but I share that with all the Board members.  At the same time, I am grateful for the experience and guidance of the existing Board Members and the ideas and enthusiasm of the new members.

If you see me at the footy and want to have a chat or ask a question,  please do so.  We're all looking for the same result.

Meanwhile, we had a great win today and I'm rapt.

Good to hear your response Lee and I thank you for it, much appreciated.

I do understand that the board is elected by the members to make decisions on behalf of the club members, I just don't agree with this one given our perilous financial position.

Maybe we can meet up for a meal and some musk sticks one day at the club.  Very Happy  Very Happy 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun May 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Thank you, testy, also appreciated.

Your thoughts on the scorebiard are shared by many and are very understandable.  I believe the cost per home game was recouped by sponsorship yesterday, but our challenge is to ensure that continues.

I was impressed with it yesterday.  It was smaller than I expected, but it was bright and easy to read.  I do think the suggestions on here about scores and other things are excellent and will be taken up, but it has only  just been delivered and it will take a little time to learn its capabilities.  I thought the Club did a good job with it yesterday, considering that.

In the long term, though, if we can make City Mazda Stadium the best ground in the SANFL, other opportunities open up for us.

The Club will keep this forum up to date with developments.

I'd also encourage readers to check out the official Club website for news.

PS: Very happy to have a meal with you. I have a better source than you for musk sticks, you may know her  Wink 
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun May 25, 2014 2:40 pm

Love the New Scoreboard what easier to see

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 668

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sun May 25, 2014 3:30 pm

I cant wait to see it under lights friday week - I might not need new glasses now - The old board was bloody hard to read in direct sunlight and darn near impossible at night - Only South Adelaides green numbers at Noarlunga were harder.

If anyone knows any company that is interested in match day sponsorships using the new scoreboard, let us know - We are one club and we need everyones help and advice. Constructive criticism is great too but in the current footy climate, we also need to pool our resources to sell our club to new markets and embrace new ideas. If you have ideas with potential, make sure you are heard...

The board is trying to broaden our exposure on as many fronts as possible as traditional sources of revenue are not as effective as they were in maintaining any SANFL club going forward. Even Poker Machine revenue statewide has fallen dramatically and hence why other SANFL clubs are now experiencing difficulties. I think we are a very progressive club and some of the 5 year plans our club is working towards are great. This said, we are still addressing problems and decisions that were not so great which have made times difficult over past seasons. We are making progress though!

Make sure you bring a friend or neighbour to our next home game. So far I have brought 8 people to games that have never been to an SANFL game before. Three of them have returned to 2 games since. I was able to give three kids of these parents a flag and show them our history after a home game. They brought their flags to the next game. Every person who we get through the gate helps with catering which is still our core income. Go Blood$.
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum