Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

agm

+6
Lee Harradine
blackandred
Thiele
TAAARS
Lachlan
Oldfella
10 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

agm Empty agm

Post by Oldfella Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:16 am

sadly i will not be attending account health issues.

i would really appreciate any one who attends posting an update here and any thoughts on what happened.

thank you

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1046
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

agm Empty Re: agm

Post by aldo russian Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:47 pm

Surprised there hasn't been a reminder email or post on facebook or the website about the agm being tonight.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1362

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:29 pm

I would also like an update as I have a family commitment tonight
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1025

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:33 pm

I won't be wasting my time after last years debacle. Sad but true.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:42 pm

Adam Hartlett became the only Life Memeber

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 669

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:44 pm

thank you

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:20 pm

who is new president

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:10 pm

This is my take from the meeting. Happy to be corrected if there are any inaccuracies. Hard to hear everything. Accoustics wern’t the best.

John Kantilaftas chaired the meeting. Emma Grigson Gair is our new president. Someone called Rosetto was appointed to the board.

The SANFL have proposed a further reduction in Board numbers to 7 (maybe even 5?) and there was debate as to the number of member appointments included in this number. The Board will need to consider this but there was some commitment to improve communication with members.

Adam Hartlett spoke with some emotion of his love for the West Adelaide Football Club when presented with his life membership. His coaches report was pretty much word for word taken from the Annual report. He did mention though that they were still pursuing a midfielder from interstate and a couple of local ruckmen.

The proposal to dispose of the clubrooms and build a new facility remains just that: a proposal. It is dependant on grant funding. Two thirds of the funds are available but still waiting on the balance. No start date. When this gets closer to finalisation there will be an information night for members.

Financial situation remains dire. Most of the written questions were to do with the financial statements.

There were no questions from the floor.

Maybe around 100 in attendance?

Is this an accurate summary?
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:17 pm

The new Member-Elected Director is Daniel Rossetto, a nephew of Aldo, one of our former greats.

Daniel is a lifetime West man and I was proud to nominate him. He'll be a big asset for the Board.

Out financial situation is a major challenge.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:49 am

I remember Daniel Rosetto as a very talented junior footballer at Westies, great to see someone like that with a keen interest in the club.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Coolie Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:57 am

A good summary Blackandred.
It will be interesting to see where the Board goes in respect to the recommendation from the SANFL and the impact, if any, it has on the constitution and numbers of member elected representatives.
Coolie

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:15 pm

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:48 pm

I don't know, hit me up, is Emma a Westies person from way back, or dunno, Corporate......? Used to watch Aldo Rosetto go around back in the day! scratch
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:05 am

Emma was appointed 3? years ago and is the first woman to serve as Club President.  I have no doubt she will do an excellent job and will have the full support of all of us.

It is interesting to note that in changing times, we have had 3 Presidents since the change of Constitution, now 4 in the past 5 years.

Of the 3, 2 are the first to not have a predominantly West Adelaide background.

In the 126 years before that, all Presidents had a West Adelaide history.

We also need to be realistic about our financial position.  It is dire and will take a long time to repair, if that is even possible. Our future depends on the successful relocation of our gaming and the new development.  If the Board can achieve that, we have much to look forward to.

After recent years of majority non-West background Boards, we now have a majority West Board again.

I have confidence that the new Board will do their utmost to repair the deterioration of the past 5 years and take us forward.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:05 pm

It's AGM season, so financial reports will released to know how clubs are going profit /loss.

Sturt had their AGM last night and reported a 10th year in a row of profit, this year it was $ 828,378-00 profit with $ 300,000-00 of that being final Football Park land distribution.

Club has nearly $ 2,000,000-00 in the bank and $ 1,200,000-00 in an Investment Fund.

A pretty good turnaround by the clubs management and board from there perilous position not that long ago.
merrick
merrick

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:48 pm

That's a massive difference between us and a club a few kilometres away.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum