Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Annual Report

+2
loppy19
Lee Harradine
6 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Annual Report Empty Annual Report

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:26 am

The Annual Report is now up on the website.

Detailed financials will follow, but we lost $340,000 for the year. Without SANFL extra assistance, it would have been half a million dollars.

Lsst year was similar.

This is a huge worry.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

Annual Report Empty Re: Annual Report

Post by loppy19 Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:28 am

More good news out of Westies unfortunately Lee.
It’s not looking good especially with the SANFL comp status continuing to diminish.
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:28 am

I'm no accountant but by my reckoning we've had trading losses of about half a million dollars a year for each of the last 2 years. 5 years ago we recorded a profit of about $200,000. Can anyone point to one good outcome from our change to the constitution and board structure?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1362

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:33 am

At least we know now why we didn’t recruit anyone this off season…..
We are in a world of strife!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:04 pm

I hope the new strategic plan is sent to members sooner rather then later.
The team on paper looks weaker this year than last therefore another financial lose is inevitable.
Continuing to lose football matches is a major factor why we continue to lose money year in year out.

Waiting another 3 to 5 years before the oval precinct is upgraded certainly doesn’t help either.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1025

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:27 pm

There is no doubt that our team will be weaker this year.
We lost a dozen and recruited 3.
Factor in the usual injuries to a few players and we are in real trouble.
Given our on field woes and dire financial position, one has to wonder what the future of the club looks like.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:04 am

I wouldn't think our financial position has all that much to do with our recruiting outcomes. We'd still have space in our salary cap for recruits.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:49 am

We have a reduced cap and it would appear that the SANFL are calling the shots in regard to financial decisions.
What other reason would there be to bring in 3 players only , especially with a dozen leaving?
I’ve followed the club for 40 years, and this would be the worst off season recruiting in that time.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:24 pm

Wolf Pack wrote:We have a reduced cap and it would appear that the SANFL are calling the shots in regard to financial decisions.
What other reason would there be to bring in 3 players only , especially with a dozen leaving?
I’ve followed the club for 40 years, and this would be the worst off season recruiting in that time.

That part is right, we have a reduced cap because of our finances, but it's not as if the club hasn't been trying to recruit players. Whatever the reasons are for not getting them, I don't think our finances would be uppermost in players' minds. (Apart from, I guess, our facilities not being as good as other clubs'.)
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:41 pm

I'll drag out the violin and yes, a few of us "told you so", the people who did this to West Adelaide 5 seasons ago should be barred from the Club permanently, tarred and feathered even, but they will just go on their merry way, oblivious to the harm they have caused and happy with the "accolades" echoing their way. Angry, disillusioned and seeing no way forward, anyone got anything....anyone at all?! Crying or Very sad
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum