Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West v Norwood

5 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West v Norwood Empty West v Norwood

Post by aldo russian Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:43 pm

This is a must win if we hope to avoid another wooden spoon.
Ellem does not appear on the injury list so presumably he comes in. And Obst should get a run.
Outs probably come from Redfern and Thackeray.
We've clearly improved this year, it'd be a shame to see us end up the same way as last year.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

West v Norwood Empty Re: West v Norwood

Post by RODH2 Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:58 pm

And we still couldn't eke out a win against the second to bottom side......! Shocked
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:06 pm

Well my take on it is that not many sides that are bottom and playing the second last game of the year against the reigning premiers and are five goals down at half time would rally like we did and salvage a draw. Even if several players aren't up to standard, they really are a resilient bunch. Obviously we butchered too many shots at goal, and conceded too many contested marks in their forward 50, the latter being a regular issue over the past month or so.

I thought Corbett helped get us back into the game. His form and ruck work in the last two weeks is much improved on what he showed earlier in the year, and he was responsible for several good centre clearances.
I thought Park was outstanding, he ran himself into the ground. Mattingly and Kobe Ryan were again solid on ball, Johnson had his best game for a few weeks and Morrish did a lot of work down back. And Ned Stevens took 3 contested marks in our forward 50, something rarely done by one of our players this year.

And after all that, Norwood should never have scored their last point because Callow should not have been awarded that mark on the grandstand wing which came off Corbett's hands.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:41 pm

Aldo

Very good summary, you cannot fault the commitment and attached of the players all year.
Morrish best for me, I just love the way he plays. Ryan the kid has been fantastic in a bottom side.
Corbett’s Second half was very good and he’s signed on for next year.
He needs to continue to be physical.
Ned Stevens is a Forward Pocket, we need to find a couple of genuine Key Forwards which would allow him to take the oppositions third best defender.
Patterson in for Sherlock next week.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1024

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:41 pm

Isaac Johnson offered 1 match ban for his strike/tackle on Norwood’s Brodie Carroll on the members wing in the final quarter.
blood bath
blood bath

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:14 pm

Wow! That was one mighty left arm swing. Lucky he didn't take out his teammate Thackery and half our interchange bench. Mind you, with the incompetent umpiring no wonder he was frustrated.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 255

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down