Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West v South

+2
Lachlan
aldo russian
6 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West v South Empty West v South

Post by aldo russian Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:42 pm

Surely a chance for a win here.
May is available but I don't see a spot for him. If Gore is fit he should replace Laudato, if Ellem is fit he should replace Redfern. I'd like to see Sinderberry tried at full forward. His best asset is his contested marking and we don't take enough of them in our forward 50. That would allow Delahunty to play further up the ground which he seems to enjoy.
Another massive challenge for Ned Stevens this week. If he can break even that gives us a good chance.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1362

Back to top Go down

West v South Empty Re: West v South

Post by Lachlan Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:44 pm

Aldo

I like the idea of playing Sinderberry forward.
I think today’s coach don’t make enough moves. They think if you train with the forwards you must play as a forward due to systems and structures that are in place.
I definitely don’t subscribe to that theory.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1025

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:29 am

Interesting point lachlan, though I think we've been okay in that regard - Morrish was a forward who's become a very good defender, Delahunty was a defender who's become a forward, Johnson was a forward who's now a wingman.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:46 am

Definatley think we have a good chance this week. We go ok at Norlunga usually so here's hoping.
If fact we are a good chance in 3 of our remaining games I reckon as the Eagles have declined over the year and Norwood have stuggled all year.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:05 am

I said at season start that 6 wins would be a mark of improvement…well after the last month I’d say despite the improvements seen, we are back in our comfort zone at the bottom of the table. Unlikely to win 6 and all grades are in the bottom positions.
I’ve attended 2 games all year, last one I left at half time (v eagles) and can’t be bothered wasting my time anymore. The way it’s going it will be zero attended next year. Sad but there is little enjoyment or even hope anymore.
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:38 am

Too true, Loppy, and can anyone remember, or admit supporting, the self-appointed "Board's" coup of, what, 5 years ago?! What an unmitigated disaster and absolute failure that was. And didn't many of us know it at the time. Too late to do anything now, it's over. What a sham.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:42 am

A very ordinary performance yesterday. We hardly strung a good passage of play together for the whole game. Ours skills were not up to South's standard and their bigger bodies were too much as well. Pretty much the same number of inside 50s as South yet they had nearly 3 times as many scoring shots. Again, most of our forwards were unable to win the ball, and unable to get any separation on their opponents. We were outmarked in our defensive and forward 50.
Some interesting stats - they had 70 more hit outs but we won the clearances. Our clearances seemed to be a lot scrappier than theirs though.
They had 4 players with 10 disposals or fewer, we had 12.
I thought Meline and Kobe Ryan were our best, followed by Mattingly. Joel Stevens worked really hard inside but must have been tackled about 50 times. And Thackeray did a couple of nice things.
Our key recruits for next year all need to have some size about them, regardless of where they play.

Last edited by aldo russian on Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:50 pm

Watched a bit of the game on live stream and it was a shocking spectacle but conditions were tough.
There is no doubt that we have improved the way we play.
However we are now outright bottom and  will most likely collect a 5th consecutive wooden spoon which is really disappointing.
The club must get serious about getting some decent player’s otherwise we will not go anywhere.
Players will not hang around if we finish bottom every year.
It’s now at the point where members and supporters are losing interest in the club. I am at that point now……
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:41 pm

We were completely out played yesterday and should have lost by more.
The side we are putting on the park resembles a Reserves team.

Josh Ryan is the only player ( Kaiden Brand excluded) in our ENTIRE SQUAD WHO IS OF LEAGUE STANDARD. It’s a very sad INDICTMENT on our club.

It’s time the club got serious about Recruiting and gave Hartlett something to work with.

I agree we need to promote our Juniors, but we also need to recruit 5 or 6 very good players.

Ryan best yesterday along with Mattingly. Too few doing too much.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1025

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:42 pm

The club is kidding themselves if they think they can improve on field results by simply developing and promoting young players.
That is what we have been told prior to the season starting. Absolute rubbish!!!
Our reserves have won 3 games and the under 18s have won only 1 game this year. An appalling record from all 3 teams.
It simply won’t happen without getting some real talent through the door.
Centrals are the perfect example. They were in a similar position to us, but recruited hard and are now competing for a finals spot.
Enough is Enough after 5 years on the bottom.
I will be waiting to see what happens this off season before I spend another $200 on a membership.
If it’s the status quo, I think I’ll find other things to do on the weekend.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 798

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum