Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

President's Message

5 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

President's Message Empty President's Message

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:15 pm

Following our Annual General Meetings in February we have a couple of changes in the Board line-up. Firstly, I wish to recognise the wonderful service given to the Club by Derek Bonner who has now retired from the role of Men’s Football Director after completing a three year term. Derek’s enthusiasm for every component of the football program has ensured a positive direction for all players, coaches and staff well into the future. Chris Schmidt now takes over Derek’s position and we look forward to his contribution as we plan for further improvements and successes in our football endeavours. Chris is well known at the Club, being a premiership captain and a long-time Westies stalwart. We also welcome Kristen Demetriou onto the Board as a passionate supporter who has given many hours to the Club as a previous director and committee member.

The Board of Directors is a dynamic, well-balanced and professional team of people who have the Club’s best interests at heart and at all times. It is a real honour to act as Club President and to work with the Board and management as we face the challenges that confront us every day – challenges that test the patience of members, staff, volunteers, supporters and players alike. We do not shy away from the fact that our Club needs to improve our performance in many areas, whether it be some on-field activities or building the financial strength of the Club. It’s important that we all fully support each other as we work towards our goals. It’s easy for the small minority to stand on the sidelines and hurl negative criticism, whether verbally or by on-line anonymity, at those who are striving for improvement. Fortunately, the vast majority of Club people want to work together and they just get on with the job, recognising that the nay-sayers are nothing more than a distraction from the tasks at hand.

We always welcome helpful and constructive suggestions from people who have the best interests of the Club at heart. Please do not hesitate to communicate with me directly by email or face to face if you wish to provide thoughts and comments. I will always do my best to respond to you in a timely and respectful manner.

As we head into the 2023 season, I’m expecting many more opportunities to celebrate improvements and successes. It’s been exciting to witness the enthusiasm of our women’s teams as they have embarked on a really positive start to their season. I’m looking forward to seeing this translate into all other areas of the Club in the months ahead, following the hard work and dedication of so many people who make up our great Club. Please continue your support and I hope to see you all around the grounds or at Westies functions this year.

Go Bloods!

Murray Forbes

President

Sorry, but this can't go unanswered.

It seems anyone being critical of 4 consecutive wooden spoons and a deteriorating financial position under the watch of this dynamic, professional and well-balanced board is unwelcome.  Criticism is a sign you're against the club.

Coming from some people who haven't been West supporters until recent times and telling life-long West supporters that they have to toe the line or be regarded as 'negative' is just not good enough.

I know many people who have contacted the President with concerns and they've been fobbed off with platitudes regularly.  From 3 months after I was dismissed by phone after 30 years service, I have offered help in every email I send to the club and every offer has been ignored.  I have brought a major event and another opening to our function centre in the last 12 months.

I recently analysed our figures and emailed the Finance Director with my concerns, in a polite manner. He soon decided he wouldn't engage with me and wouldn't answer my questions.

I don't know about you, but I'm very worried about our future. I know more than one lifelong member who hasn't renewed their full membership this year.

There is absolutely nothing in the President's Message of any substance at all, except for the usual praise of the Board and an appeal to keep the faith, an appeal that has worn itself out after 4 years of failure.

But I suppose we had better pretend all is well,or be cast as troublemakers, despite us supporting our Club for a lifetime through its darkest days.

In those days it was our club.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2181

Back to top Go down

President's Message Empty Re: President's Message

Post by aldo russian Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:46 pm

"It’s easy for the small minority to stand on the sidelines and hurl negative criticism,"

Yes it is easy, because there's so much to be critical of.
As for being 'on the sidelines', well it's only people on the sidelines who are free to criticise the club, although apparently they should stop too.
Give us something to praise and we'll praise it, but keep dishing up really poor results on and off field and I, for one, will continue to be critical.

aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:52 pm

Absolutely pathetic, Murray. A bundle of platitudes and contradictions. The Board of Directors have been and abject failure. Disgraceful.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by Mockingjay Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:58 pm

Couldn't agree more Lee, aldo and RODH2. The more people who kick up the better, particularly as the Club appears to be in a dire situation.
Mockingjay
Mockingjay

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:47 pm

There is nothing to be positive about at the moment.
Under this current Board, our League side has been completely uncompetitive.
2019-2022:
68 Games Played
9 Wins
58 Losses
1 Draw
Including a 26 game losing streak and a goalless match at home against Sturt.
Will it be different this year?
How long is it going to take to turn things around?

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 797

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:16 pm

Well, the Board is Dynamic, well-balanced and professional, if that's any help Wolf Pack! Shocked
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down