Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Professionalism

5 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Professionalism Empty Professionalism

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:05 pm

I'm happy to be shot down over this and called a pedant, but I've been disappointed for years with the quality of the reporting from the Club in terms of grammar and spelling.

If we're trying to be professional, does that not extend to releases published on the Club website?  If not, why not?  The quality of what is published is consistently poor and IMO reflects badly on the Club.

Nobody is looking for masterful writing, but surely the most  basic errors should be corrected before publication.

I know offers have been made from others to quickly proof read these reports, but that has never been accepted.

Yes, I know it's probably not important and most will (probably correctly) think I'm nitpicking, but it's annoying.

There are some posters on here who are vastly better communicators than much of what we read on the website.

But, it's West Adelaide, so near enough is good enough????

(will now hide away somewhere safe Smile
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2180

Back to top Go down

Professionalism Empty Re: Professionalism

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:21 pm

I think many people consider our professionalism as a club lacking at times.
Not just with the on line dialogue, but on match days too. How many times has the club closed the bbq early and the canteen or run out beer.
Too many times to list!!
On Sunday upon entering the ground Norwood had a nice big marquee set up where supporters could by shirts, caps and plenty of other stuff!
Too bad if we wanted to buy something from our club….
Yes, it was Norwood’s home game but I thought we could have promoted our club too……
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 796

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:56 pm

The Annual Report is a classic example of what you're talking about Lee. The standard of work in that, which is an official record of the club, is appalling and shouldn't be allowed to stand, if anyone cared. Yes, we have bigger problems to worry about, but it's an indicator and it's easily fixed if the desire is there.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1356

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:18 pm

is it asking too much to have an ongoing injury report on our website that is updated weekly? (including Covid isolations)

my apologies if there is and I'm looking in the wrong place.
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by Claret Pedigree Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:25 pm

Agree. Any formal correspondence should be review by someone other than the author (maybe admin/marketing) prior to release.
Claret Pedigree
Claret Pedigree

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum