Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruiting for 2018

+18
Thiele
nigelfab
blacky
The Axis
TeeJay
Bloodntars
brodlach
blackandred
aldo russian
Lachlan
Wolf Pack
BloodsFireUp
Lee Harradine
billrobs1
ccrump
blood bath
Oldfella
firstblood
22 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Recruiting for  2018 Empty Recruiting for 2018

Post by firstblood Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:10 pm

1st interstate signing.... Matt Eastman East Coast Eagles, looks a solid player, on baller / forward.

Some highlights.

firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Recruiting for  2018 Empty Re: Recruiting for 2018

Post by Oldfella Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:20 am

Shows a good kicking style in film clip -- shots on goal from 45m strong and straight

Interesting that i cannot pick up any other information on him via a google search -- probably more my poor google skills

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1046
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:05 am

From WAFC website:

The West Adelaide Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of Matt Eastman for season 2018.

Matt comes to us from the East Coast Eagles in the AFL Sydney Premier Division.

Matt was previously part of a GWS Academy group and is wanting to play at the highest level possible in the hope of getting drafted in the future. Matt has 6 months to complete his plumbing apprenticeship and through our good friend Mark Buhagiar of PEER we are able to transfer the continuation of Matt’s apprenticeship in Adelaide.

We are looking forward to having Matt in Blood’s colors next season.
blood bath
blood bath

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by ccrump Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:11 am

Hop this isn't anutha trent stubbbs
ccrump
ccrump

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:52 am

Is Porps playing in 2018?
billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:23 am

Yes, he is.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2186

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodsFireUp Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:55 pm

Porps injury free next season will prove invaluable on feild developing our younger players. Welcome to the club Matt Eastman. Fire Up 🔥 Bloods!!
BloodsFireUp
BloodsFireUp

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:07 pm

Brooksby cut by Gold Coast. Get him in. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:48 pm

$25K transfer fee, I think.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:58 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:$25K transfer fee, I think.

The club has money , lets just pay it and get a big name player in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:54 pm

25k is not pennies for a club that is just finding its feet finacially --- further that is just for transfer fee and he would want top top dollar which is additional to that transfer fee

Would like to think that we will have money for these type of recruiting issues in the future but present is a bit premature imo

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:20 pm

Interesting that weeks ago the club had money to recruit and now oldfella says we are finding our feet. Do we have money or not. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:10 pm

I never said or inferred we do not have money rather expressed concerns in costs referenceone player against gaining 2 players so ill put it differently -- after asking questions at the club (which i encourage all members to do) the amount of money budgeted to recruit is adequate however when you start to add a 25k clearance fee it can be seen that it is a great drain on overall recruiting funding would limit how many we can recruit.

I am confident that if the club feel that a high dollar recruit is appropriate and worth limtiting overal number of recruits then they will do that action.

Personally, i am extremely nervous from past experience of spending the bulk of the recruiting dollars on one key recruit and then having him go down through injury with no replacement -- think looking within other clubs in sanfl, chasing any of our kids coming back from the afl or players from interstae lower than vfl level which i understand do not draw the 25k fee is way to go

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:16 pm

Sorry i missed coment reference club finding its feet finacialy --- i understand that the club is highly likely to show a profit in the next finacial report --- how many years have we been running at a loss

However, one years good return is just that and must be backed up by an continualy improved finacial return and future annual profits

So yes the club is just finding it finacial feet but it is still an ongoing project and early in the overall project terms

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:28 pm

I hope we make enquiries with some of Ports fringe players such as Luke Reynolds and Louis Sharrad.
They spent most of the year in the reserves.
We need players who can play league footy straight away, not spend the season in the reserves because they aren't good enough...
We have lots of holes to fill.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 802

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:39 am

'Wolf Pack'

You can add Tom Gray and Robbie Young to that list.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1027

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:25 pm

If it costs us 25K to get Brooksby from South oldfella, what does it cost to get Wilson over from Victoria. Do we have to pay a transfer fee to his club. Do we pay him a set fee in relocation expenses or do we give him nothing. Wilson will be a very good recruit for us but he has to cost us something. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Ohhh punchie -- take 2 bex and relax

Why would i know the confidential details of young wilson recruitment such as relocation fees -- would not have a clue if he cost us 25k even if correct given he was in the victorian state team amongst other credential that made him highly valued
As a recruit surely he would fit the scenario i previously made that recruiting staff make a case by case judgement --- also my recollection is that he was recruited rather late

Reference 25k it was lee that said he believed that would apply to brookby -- Whether this just applies to,afl players not returning to thier original sanfl club or to any player coming from victoria or how it actually works i dont know but you can do same as me or any other members and just ask the club -- i presume you are a member

I do not disagree with that brooksby would be a quality recruit however again i suggest it would depend on other player we are talking to and the potential need to get any of our delisted kids back within salary cap and recruiting budget ---- a task that the recruiting committee must judge and decide on

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:33 pm

There are no transfer fees for interstate players.

There are transfer fees between SANFL clubs. or for returning SANFL players.

There are new SANFL rules making it easier for a SANFL club to retain returnimg players when bidding against other SANFL clubs. That and the $25K fee make it unlikely Brooksby will play anywhere but South in the SANFL.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:40 pm

Thanks for clarification lethal

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Between the transfer fee and his salary Brooksby would cost you the best part of 50K, which is too much for a guy who will be 28 next season. Plus paying these sorts of transfer fees would not, I expect, be looked on that favourably by the SANFL when clubs go to them asking for assistance.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1366

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:22 am

There may be very sound reasons for not recruiting someone like Brooksby but I can't see anything wrong with posting it as an idea for the recruiting ctee to consider. We all know that we need a ruckman and he would be an ideal (if expensive) fit. Let's keep an open mind to this critical task as we plan for 2018.

The injury argument applies to anyone we recruit. Top recruit Wilson spent time out injured this year and I recall Shane Birss missed much of his first year with the club.

Considering Mark Mickan's excellent rucking pedigree and his skill in developing young talent it has been a disappointment that in his 4 years at the club he failed to bring through a couple of strong young ruckman capable of mixing it with the best in the league.

Go the Bloods.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:39 am

blackandred wrote:There may be very sound reasons for not recruiting someone like Brooksby but I can't see anything wrong with posting it as an idea for the recruiting ctee to consider.

Agree, I'm not sure anyone has said there's anything wrong with posting it have they?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1366

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:48 am

Oldfella, if Lobbe, Beech and Snelling come to us next year is it going to cost us 75K . Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:36 am

No transfer fees for any of those.

All suggestions are welcome.  The good news is that the recruiting committee is aware of every player delisted or playing well in all competitions of a decent standard and know what types of players we need.

And we definitely need to recruit well, so fire away Very Happy
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next