Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Election

5 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Election Empty Election

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:13 pm

At 10pm on Tuesday 21st December, the Club has posted the notice of the AGM and members' election.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Election Empty Re: Election

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:10 pm

It will be interesting to see if there's an election.  I'd be surprised if there was.
None last year and a good lifelong supporter was defeated by a new to the Club, Board preferred candidate the previous year.

I scrutineered that election.  It was interesting.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:09 am

Who is up for re-election?
It has no mention of a name in the statement.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:03 am

I think it would be Marteine, the Membership Director.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:05 pm

The President and Finance Director are both up for re-nomination at the AGM.

I thought they originally had different terms?

Anyone know? (not that it matters).
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:37 pm

Lethal, you are correct as always.

The financial Director was specified in the Constitution as only being for 2 years. It would seem that due to an error by the club CEO and Board that that did not happen hence the Financial Director has completed a third years in conflict with Constitution.

Who ever is appointed financial Director this time around will only be for 2 years to ensure that President and Financial are not nominated in the same year.

While the original error is concerning to try and keep this a secret from Members as has happened is unforgivable IMO.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:56 pm

Thanks, oldfella.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:43 pm

Oldfella wrote:Lethal, you are correct as always.

The financial Director was specified in the Constitution as only being for 2 years. It would seem that due to an error by the club CEO and Board that that did not happen hence the Financial Director has completed a third years in conflict with Constitution.

Who ever is appointed financial Director this time around will only be for 2 years to ensure that President and Financial are not nominated in the same year.

While the original error is concerning to try and keep this a secret from Members as has happened is unforgivable IMO.

Isn't there a governance committee? What have they done about this?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:54 pm

Aldo, interesting question you raise "Isn't there a governance committee? What have they done about this?"  and I have been mulling over this and think I have the answer remembering I am NOT legally trained hence could be wrong.

Clearly an error was made and normal convention is that while the President ultimately is responsible for any error made by a club employee however it is very clear that this is in the area of responsibility of the CEO now gone. I feel sure that if an governance committee investigation was undertaken then what I said above would be the results and the CEO if still present would have had been counseled/disciplined. End of story LOL.

I presume the President and Board took advice from the Club Honorary Solicitor John Levy on an appropriate manner to handle rectification of the error in a legal manner that complied with any other limitations/restrictions within the Constitution and relevant State/Federal Legislation. Based on my personal knowledge of the Club Honorary Solicitor I have no issue with the rectification efforts undertaken by the Board.

It is fair to note for others general information that by the Constitution rule 18B Governance Committee advises that said committee is to comprise of the Honorary Solicitor (if appointed or such other person nominated by the Nominations Committee) plus the President or Vice President as the case may be plus one other Director selected by the Chairman of the Governance Committee as having experience in governance matters).

The one fact of serious concern is that it was kept from the Members ----- whilst embarrassing and quite rightly could lead to concerns by Members in regards to the Boards performance Members clearly had a right to know about this at an early stage and it should be made clear to the Board at the AGM that concealment of information to Members is unacceptable

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:33 pm

No doubt this has been explained many times, but if someone could humour me and explain exactly what the following bolded terms actually mean? why is there "two" clubs? am i a member of both?

The Annual General Meetings of the West Adelaide Football Club Inc. followed by the West Adelaide Footballers Club Inc.
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:15 pm

BT, the Footballers Club is to run the venue basically, esp for Lucence purposes. There used to be separate Boards, but now there's just one Board and one membership.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:18 pm

Has anyone heard anything about a members' election?

Presumably once again there won't be one?

No incentive to challenge a current Board Member supported by the Board.

Presumably the appointed positions will also be rubber stamped, despite our poor performance?
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:54 am

Lee Harradine wrote:BT, the Footballers Club is to run the venue basically, esp for Lucence purposes.  There used to be separate Boards, but now there's just one Board and one membership.

Thanks for that Lee.
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:08 am

At the AGM, Murray said there would be a members' election and mentioned February 28th.

Has anyone seen a notice inviting candidates?
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:40 pm

Any update?

A couple of people have expressed interest to me about applying, but haven 't seen anything.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:37 pm

I believe an announcement will be in next week or so --- I must be honest that when President spoke on this matter at AGM his attitude to having a members election pleased me but I did feel at the time the late February date was a bit hopeful (which passing of time has proved) and felt mid March was more realistic.

I will be proud and happy to sign any potential applicants application if they want.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:12 pm

Thanks oldfella, much appreciated.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine