Oldfella
Lee Harradine
Lachlan
8 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Dunkin  Empty Dunkin

Post by Lachlan Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:09 pm

Elliot Dunkin has left the club as well, it’s on the clubs facebook page.

We have now lost
Stevens
Murphy
Lovell
Dunkin.

Three of our top 5 players are no longer with us and we won 2 games.

So far the only recruit with any quality we have signed is Brand.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 840

Back to top Go down

Dunkin  Empty Re: Dunkin

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:16 pm

That's very disappointing. A rumour I was hoping wasn't true.

Elliott was probably our most promising young player who had come up through our juniors and is a big loss.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1665

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:33 pm

Any idea why ??

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 832
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:29 pm

This is not the clean out of players at the end of the season I was envisaging. We only had about 10 quality players and we've already lost half of them. Unless we have the best recruiting offseason in memory we're in strife.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:20 pm

Time for the Football Dept to deliver!
5 or 6 quality recruits or 2022 is finished before it has started.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 584

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:04 pm

‘Wolf Pack’

I agree with you, but I fear the Football Dept won’t even come close to signing that many quality players.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:12 pm

The reality is that if we don’t then we will be languishing at the bottom for a long time.
I don’t want to hear excuses from the club anymore.
Other clubs have the same salary cap issues yet have been able to bring top players in.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:15 pm

‘Wolf Pack’

We all agree with you. Where I worked for 33 years they didn’t accept excuses, you either delivered on your KPI’s or you were shown the door
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:43 pm

But who is to hold the Hierarchy at West Adelaide to account? Who owns the Club now? We were told one thing, we have been delivered something else altogether. For three years.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 279

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:43 am

RODH2 wrote: But who is to hold the Hierarchy at West Adelaide to account?

That's the key question. To whom is the new management structure accountable? Not to the members, we can't vote them in or out. The Governance Committee? And who appoints them?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1085

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:46 pm

I used to buy a season ticket for all home and away games with on site parking.
This year I was down to home game season ticket only and attended 6 games. Just can't watch it anymore we are so pathetic and it saddens me greatly.
Next year is looking like it will be no season ticket and the very odd game attendance paid for at the gate. Wonder how many other supporters are like me?
How can this be good for the clubs balance sheet?
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:49 pm

aldo russian wrote: To whom is the new management structure accountable? Not to the members, we can't vote them in or out. The Governance Committee? And who appoints them?
I do not think that part of your comment underlined is totally correct Aldo.
Several sections of the Constitution makes interesting reading in regards to that question (we can't vote them in or out) depending on interpretation I believe we can. NOTE IMO -even if a Nominations Committee nominee was rejected by Members vote the Members still would not be able to nominate a replacement nominee that is a task for the Nominations Committee.

In my opinion rule 14.2.2.2 clearly says Directors are voted on by Members at AGM and to best of my recollection this is what has occurred in past AGM's. 14.2.2.2 The Board will comprise seven (7) Directors, two (2) of whom are to be Members Nominee(s) and five (5) are to be Nominations Committee Nominee with all Directors to be elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting.(underlining/bold my emphasis)

Also Rule  21.4 makes interesting reading.

Do you mean the Governance Committee or the Nominations Committee --- two different beasts.

Rule 18B Governance Committee "The Board shall appoint a Governance Committee at the first meeting after the Annual General Meeting or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter (to comprise of the Honorary Solicitor (if appointed or such other person nominated by the Nominations Committee) plus the President or Vice President as the case may be plus one other Director selected by the Chairman of the Governance Committee as having experience in governance matters.

Rule 18A Nominations Committee -- NOTE edited extracts === The Nominations Committee will be appointed by the Board and The Nominations Committee referred to in Rule 18A shall hold their position until the Board Meeting after the Annual General Meeting EG term of one (1) years but can be reappointed.

Your question in reference to the Nominations Committee is one of the reasons I was concerned at the time of the amended Constitutions introduction ---- the Governance Committee appoints the Board AND the Board appoints the Nominations Committee. Whilst not casting any aspersions on any present or past Board or Board Member am I the only one that can see an issue were we to have a willful Board at some stage in the future.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:15 pm

I think your wrong there Oldfella. My understanding of the new structure is the Nominations committee appoints (or nominates ) all positions on the board which is in fact another way of saying invitation. Only 2 member positions are available and these are still screened by the Nominations committee. We get to vote for them. My view is what is the point?
If I am wrong please put me right.
As has been stated by others and point out, the Board appoints the Nominations committee who appoint the Board. Some countries have similar setups in their governments. We usually call them Dictatorships.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:23 pm

Thanks oldfella.

A further question is that if all Board Members are meeting their KPIs (which the Governance Committee is charged with checking), how abysmally low are the KPIs?

And if they are not being met, what consequences are there for Board members not meeting them?

I think it would be hard to argue that at the very least our bistro operation and our football department are meeting KPIs?

So we have a situation where whether KPIs are being met is judged by a Governance Committee appointed by the Board, consisting of Board members, judging the Board and themselves???.

Meanwhile any criticism, even from lifetime members such as many on here, is seen as disloyal, even though we're watching the Club we love sink deeper into the well of despair.

Last edited by Lee Harradine on Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:30 pm

TAARS,

Rule 14.2.2.2 (which I posted) clearly says "with all Directors to be elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting" with the key word being ALL.

Does not differentiate in any way between Nominated Board Members and Member Elected Board Members clearly says all Directors ----- just my interpretation and one for proper legal person LOL

Yes, Nominations Committee nominates potential Board Members but then Rule 14.2.2.2 applies IMO.

To best of my knowledge Members Board nominees for Member election are not screened by Nominations Committee according to the Constitution.

Agree with your last comment and were there is a willful board in the future can also be called stacking to take total control of a board

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:55 pm

Lethal,

Several good questions that has me scrambling a bit LOL ---- please note any comment by me is just my opinion and more qualified legal opinion is required obviously.

President and Board Members Duties and responsibilities (KPIs) are contained within Annexure A and Annexure A of the Constitution.

I feel the following extract answers your question in reference to consequences for not meeting Duties and responsibilities (KPIs)

Governance Committee will be responsible for:
18B.4 reviewing and monitoring performance of each Director and the Chairman;
18B.5 in cases of misconduct or continued underperformance by a Director, recommend suspension or in severe cases removal of that Director to the Board;

Last edited by Oldfella on Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:04 pm

Annexure A - Director Obligations & Responsibilities

It is acknowledged that Board positions are voluntary, but notwithstanding that, Directors are expected to comply with the following:

1. Each Director must contribute sufficient time, energy and commitment to ensure that all of that position’s accountabilities are met.

2. Being a Director of an SANFL Club involves much more than just turning up for monthly Board Meetings – it is anticipated that most of the activities will take place between meetings.

3. Directors must attend and support all key Club functions where possible.

4. Directors must be ambassadors for the Club and use their contacts and associations to further the interests in the Club wherever possible.

5. Directors must attend Club matches to the extent possible.

6. Directors must be prepared to work as a team, allowing for robust discussion, but ultimately supporting Board decisions once they are made.

7. Each Director must strive to achieve all targets set out in the individual Director Responsibilities Charter provided by the Governance Committee.

Annexure B - Chairman/President Duties & Responsibilities

The Chairman of the Board should be capable of acting as President of the Club and Chairing the Board, including, without limitation, attending to the following:

1. Be the public face of the Club in all of its dealings with key stakeholders such as major sponsors, coterie groups, the SANFL, the media and the community at large.

2. Lead the Board in understanding its role and in accepting and striving to achieve individual and collective aims.

3. Maintain a close working relationship with the CEO or other senior managers of the Club, being supportive and demanding as required to ensure the Club’s business and operational plans and targets are being met.

4. In conjunction with the Chair of the Governance Committee, lead the Board in reviewing both the performance of the Board as a whole and individual director performance and contribution.

5. Provide leadership to the Board to ensure that the Board operates efficiently, harmoniously and effectively as a team. This will include as required:

5.1 ensuring some social interaction between the Board Director;

5.2 ensuring adequate induction and training for new Board Director;

5.3 enter into private conversations with individual Directors from time to time.

6. Lead the Board in ensuring appropriate strategic direction and plans are in place and that Board decisions are made consistently with that direction.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:20 pm

All I know is I'm totally confused how or who runs our club. Bit like my left leg is attached below my right arm but on the left side while my left arm is upside down where the right leg was but god knows where my right leg is?
It's all too hard. rabbit
TAAARS
TAAARS

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:29 pm

The Board runs the club and members can only elect 2 board members ---- in terms of board members nominated by the Nominations committee I believe members by the constitution can reject the nominee proposed but have no powers to nominate a replacement --- this would go back to nominations committee --- highly unlikely to happen but potential is there.

Clear as mud mate LOL

An interesting question is who runs the club if all the Board members resigns/leaves.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:41 pm

OK I didn't know members could reject a nominee but can't see it happening ,after all we don't know if they are any good until they have had a chance to prove themselves. Can the members get rid of them if they don't perform?
TAAARS
TAAARS

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:00 pm

"Can the members get rid of them if they don't perform?" ---- I believe members cannot directly get rid of them (subject to second para thoughts) but Members can (I believe) raise a formal complaint with the Governance Committee if they consider they are not performing --- not sure how successful it would be.

There is a potential for members to raise a "no confidence motion" on Board/Member at AGM raised as “Special Business” ---- just my thoughts and would need proper legal advice not just take word of a fool like me :-)) ------------- However I doubt it would get numbers and succeed given proxy votes.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by redblack32 Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:23 pm

Something weird with this Dunkin one.
Clubs announcement regarding it makes me think these is more to it
redblack32
redblack32

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:26 pm

It's the sort of terse message given when a player leaves for reasons the club is very disappointed with.

Often when they feel the player has let the club down.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:04 pm

Maybe players are leaving because they are sick of playing for a club that doesn’t have the ability to win.
6 wins is 3 years will do that!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:12 pm

It is worrying to me as this is the 4th or is it the 5th young player that looked OK for league level that we have lost in the last 12 months or so

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum: