redblack32
Lachlan
7 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Gotch, Stevens & others Empty Gotch, Stevens & others

Post by Lachlan Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:35 pm

On the ‘Talking Footy SA Forum’

A poster by the name of ‘Bayman’ and under the heading of Rumours has posted the following

“Gotch, K.Stevens and a few others are deserting the ship”

I’m hoping this is only a rumour. Can somebody from the club please confirm or deny the rumour.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 835

Back to top Go down

Gotch, Stevens & others Empty Re: Gotch, Stevens & others

Post by redblack32 Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:15 am

If Gotch leaves, may as well shut the doors.

Surely the people who voted “yes” a couple years ago are feeling quite stupid these days. Especially the people who were campaigning for people to vote “yes”
I hope those people have a clear conscience. Or at least living well with the thought they are the reason our club is in such a s*** position now and most likely the cause of the clubs inevitable death.

Don’t get me wrong, my personal opinion was and is, the old board needed a change from the head up. But not the way it occurred. Was always my fear the club would look like it is now if that “yes” vote got through.
A club with out members being able to voice concerns and help decide on where the club goes in the future. Isn’t a club any more.

Will wait for BnF now and see if these rumours are just that, or if they are correct.
God help us if they are correct
redblack32
redblack32

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:09 pm

I walked out of that vote 3 years ago after voting "NO" , fearing the future, and it's been worse than I could have imagined. At least the previous Board were heading in a positive direction, now we are locked in the cellar with no way of escaping, that I can see.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:54 pm

Problem with having a board by invitation they can very quickly become a mates club. You can get people on it just trying to climb the corporate ladder and get it on their resume. They may not even be West supporters. Just stay awhile then off to the next rung up the ladder.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:11 pm

There has been no word from the Club, so hopefully the rumours aren't correct.

If they are, please let's not hear 'personal' or 'family' reasons, just the facts.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1637

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:38 pm

TAAARS wrote:Problem with having a board by invitation they can very quickly become a mates club. You can get people on it just trying to climb the corporate ladder and get it on their resume. They may not even be West supporters. Just stay awhile then off to the next rung up the ladder.

I don't know how anyone could have voted for a system whereby a Board decides who sits on the Nominations Committee, and the Nominations Committee decides who sits on the Board. No one see anything wrong with that?
I'd like the West Adelaide people behind this change to point out to us the benefits its brought to us.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1077

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick1 Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:10 am

Well todays paper say that Gotch would luv Hamish Hartlett to come to west as maybe assistant coach like his brother, so Gotchie must still be there.
merrick1
merrick1

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:17 am

That's good, let's hope so.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1637

Back to top Go down