Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Board of Directors Nominations

5 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Board of Directors Nominations Empty Board of Directors Nominations

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:00 am

The WAFC Nominations Committee is seeking suitable candidates interested in filling two roles on the Board of Directors. The roles available are that of the President and Finance Director. The current Directors’ terms end at the conclusion of the 2021 Annual General Meeting (to be held in February 2022).

Following the nomination process, the successful candidates will be appointed to the Board of Directors of the West Adelaide Football Club for a period of three years (President) and two years for the Finance Director. An overview of the positions are available through the links below. Candidates are asked to provide a current CV and cover letter addressing their suitability for the role. Expressions of interest should be directed to the Committee via boardnominations@westadelaidefc.com.au no later than 5.00pm Friday 8th October 2021.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2174

Back to top Go down

Board of Directors Nominations Empty Re: Board of Directors Nominations

Post by bruce cameron Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:34 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:The WAFC Nominations Committee is seeking suitable candidates interested in filling two roles on the Board of Directors. The roles available are that of the President and Finance Director. The current Directors’ terms end at the conclusion of the 2021 Annual General Meeting (to be held in February 2022).

Following the nomination process, the successful candidates will be appointed to the Board of Directors of the West Adelaide Football Club for a period of three years (President) and two years for the Finance Director. An overview of the positions are available through the links below. Candidates are asked to provide a current CV and cover letter addressing their suitability for the role. Expressions of interest should be directed to the Committee via boardnominations@westadelaidefc.com.au no later than 5.00pm Friday 8th October 2021.

Where are the links below?
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:40 pm

Yes, I couldn't se one that worked, either.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:43 pm

So lets see now...As I read it anyone contemplating putting their hand up must jump through hoops to do so by applying to the Nominations Committee . This is no doubt to ensure they are of the “right stuff” and suitably qualified to carry out the job in the eyes of the Committee. Given the performance of the club over the past 3 years I can’t see how they are qualified to judge anybody! I would think anyone with an ounce of self respect would pass on that one. If they brought back the pram lady I don’t think we could do worse.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:56 am

I'm not one of those who voted for this new management structure, and I don't know how you'd go about contacting all our members (other than calling on an Extraordinary General Meeting), but don't we need to put a time frame on when we judge how this new arrangement has gone? Obviously it's been a failure in its first 3 years, so at what point do we say "This isn't working, it needs to change."? If we have another year or two bouncing along the bottom rungs of the ladder is that when we call time on it? If not, how long do they have?
Personally, if our results are similar next year I can see members seriously agitating for change.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1354

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:37 pm

We're now seeing the effect of the change. It is not out of the question that the Nominations Committee may have already decided on their preferred candidate. At such a crucial time for the Club, members will have no say at all, not asked or canvassed for their opinion.

The Nominations Committee dismissed several long-standing, passionate West Adelaide people and replaced them with sponsors, business people and SANFL Equal Goals candidates. Most have already departed, with 2 years service for their CVs, while supporters have stopped attending and feel disengaged.

The Constitution needs 75% to be changed back and that is nearly impossible once the powers marshall sponsor members and players to vote against it.

Of course, any member can put forward a vote of no confidence in the Board, which would just need a normal majority to succeed. Hopefully that won't ever be necessary, but the last three years have been disastrous, with no major initiatives at all and change is essential. Moneyed sponsors will already be jostling for positions, as they always have.

Respecting members, supporters and long-term volunteers is even more necessary.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:06 pm

I’ve heard around the traps, that Financially, we are in a pretty good spot.
If true, the Board deserves some credit for that.
BUT, you can’t hide away from 6 wins in 3 years.
At the end of the day a football club’s success is based on wins and losses.
As a member, I would like to know if we are going to have an increase in Salary Cap expenditure to recruit for 2022.
I don’t have a lot of confidence in the off field department to turn things around.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down