merrick
17 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CEO - Page 2 Empty Re: CEO

Post by Oldfella Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:43 pm

Sadly you speak the truth my friend.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 824
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by macca Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:00 pm

RODH2 wrote:...and a few righties making inane comments, again.  Rolling Eyes
gee im not allowed to make a commente without you having a go at me
by the way i vote left
macca
macca

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Macca, read your contribution again and see who started on politics.

One day you'll do something you've never done - post about football instead of trolling.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1637

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:36 am

I don't think an ex politician would be a good choice other than they often have good connections in the government of the day. Not sure that is very helpful to us. As for running things on a day by day basis I can't see them being much use as they have a bevy of public servants to advise ,lead them etc to the best options. They certainly are not doing it themselves like a CEO has to.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:40 pm

Do we have a new CEO?

Nothing from the Club on any progress.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1637

Back to top Go down

Post by Coolie Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:27 pm

While not directly related to the CEO position does anyone know who’s been appointed to the sub c’ttee looking at the constitution. Of particular interest is the members’ rep actually being a member of the club at the time of nomination.
I find it frustrating the club is slow to let members know what’s going on, considering they called for nominations in the first place.....
Coolie

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:46 pm

Coolie,

To best of my knowledge it is not normal practice for the club over many years to advise who is on committees or work groups looking at confidential information. A good example of this is that none of the people on the "Hall of Fame Selection committee" are named. I was pleased that the club called for nominations from members rather than just appoint who ever.

if your question "Of particular interest is the members’ rep actually being a member of the club at the time of nomination" refers to the members of the Constitution Working Group then without identifying who they are then it is my understanding that all 4 members of the Constitution Working Group are financial members.

if your question refers to the Member elected Board position election at the AGM then I believe Constitution rule 20.1 Ordinary Members and Life Members are the only person who are eligible for nomination or election to any office in the Club applies.

if your question  refers to a casual vacancy of Member elected Board member who cannot complete his/her term then my reading of the constitution is at this time that person is not required to be a financial member. 13.3 Any casual vacancy occurring during the year in the position of any Officer of the Club may be filled by the Board but any person appointed to fill such vacancy will hold office only until the Annual General Meeting following his/her appointment and shall be eligible for re-election if he/she is a Members Nominee(s) replacement and if nominated by the Nominations Committee if the person is a Nominations Committee Nominee replacement to that Office.

Sorry so long

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Coolie Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:31 pm

Thanks for the response. My interest stems from the fact I was a little miffed when the last “member” elected Director was not a member at the time of their appointment after the members vote.
IMO any person nominating to represent the members should have been a member for a set period.
Thanks again
Coolie

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:27 pm

Agreed

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:41 am

Hi All,

Apart from not having a CEO at the moment the lack of information from the club on the website is, how do I say it, poor.

Is it widely known that Andrew Osborne has taken over the marketing side of things after Bridget left.

He won a Magarey Medal playing for South but it seems we do not want anyone to know about him and just keep it a secret amongst a few select people (unless I have missed the post about him).

There is a mention of the B&F but not what is on offer just the day and time and it will not be at the club (Lets give money away).

Still what do you do.....

Go the bloods.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:51 am

mikeme wrote:Hi All,

Apart from not having a CEO at the moment the lack of information from the club on the website is, how do I say it, poor.

Is it widely known  that Andrew Osborne has taken over the marketing side of things after Bridget left.

He won a Magarey Medal playing for South but it seems we do not want anyone to know about him and just keep it a secret amongst a few select people (unless I have missed the post about him).

There is a mention of the B&F but not what is on offer just the day and time and it will not be at the club (Lets give money away).

Go the bloods.

Communication at our club is worse than poor and unacceptable. As far as keeping things secret among a few select members there may be some truth in it. There have been two posts, one on this forum and one on the club's Facebook page, where the posters claim to be close to the Board and know what's going on. The Facebook poster also added that he was amused by some of the comments written by members/supporters who are clearly uninformed about what is really happening. (a smug/superior comment which gave me the shits) The Forum post is still up, but the Facebook post was removed after a day or two. So much for the President's call for unity.

I sincerely hope the new CEO, and any other new appointments, value communication and do something about it.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:53 am

I agree completely bruce. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've ever had any communication from the Football Operations Manager, or the Football Director. I don't think we got any from the CEO either. All we get are rare offerings from the President which invariably are vague and lack detail, and weekly coach's reports during the season which are often recaps of the game.
Hopefully this gets raised at the AGM, among several other things.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1077

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:53 pm

I couldn’t agree more with other posters about the lack of communication, it’s disgraceful.
Ed Allan won the Reserves Medal and there is nothing on the website, yes it’s on the clubs Facebook page, but it should also be on the clubs website.

I did get an email today from the Football Director, mind you it’s the only one I have received from him. I’m sure all members have received the same email.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 835

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:59 pm

mikeme wrote:Hi All,

Go the bloods.
Its a 3 course meal plus drink package. Maybe due to covid restrictions it might not be at the club. Last wasn't at the club as well

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 641

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum: