Lee Harradine
Wolf Pack
aldo russian
8 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Norwood v West Empty Norwood v West

Post by aldo russian Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:54 pm

The coach hinted at changes this week, and I guess if you don't make changes after a performance like that when do you.
It'll be interesting to see how many changes are made not because of players returning from injury.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1056

Back to top Go down

Norwood v West Empty Re: Norwood v West

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:22 pm

Too many players to drop on performance from the debacle last Saturday.
Josh Schiller should be in the league team.
Redfern can’t get a look in which I can’t understand.
Don’t really want single players out too much because most were dreadful, however Karpany as the small forward had 3 kicks. Surely Sam Davidson deserves a shot in his place if he’s fit.
The team selections have been poor all year. Not enough changes for mine in a side that has 2 wins and lost 10 straight games!!!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 556

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:42 pm

Good to see Schiller, Batley &Anderson back, but Lovell in the 2s is strange.

If Luke Young plays Ressies, watch him. Can play.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1573

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:02 pm

Not quite sure why Lovell gets singled out. We've carried several underperforming players for a lot longer than he's been back from injury.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:49 am

This tough and unattractive game was played, almost exclusively, in Norwood’s forward line. Our best players, Murphy, Ryan and Duvall were all backmen.
Most of our goals were from quick breaks into an open forward line. We never looked likely to win but, at the same time, we stayed in touch. We were dogged and attacked the contest all night but all the usual mistakes were there: fumbles, poor disposal, dropped marks, turnovers, ineffective tackles, etc. We continue to let ourselves down in these areas and the lack of improvement over the season has been disappointing – to put it mildly.
It is telling that at this late stage of the season, with nothing to play for, we recycle the same group of fringe players rather than elevate some youngsters to provide some experience as a platform for next season. Last game in 2020 we included Chamberlain and Sinderberry and they have played a lot of footy for us this year.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:55 am

A better effort, but from an extremely low base.

25 inside 50s to 60. 3rd quarter, 1,1 to 1.8. We were fortunate to keep it to 5 goals and I don't think Norwood are that good.

Duval, Ryan and Murphy were good.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1573

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:29 am

Watched game on Digital Pass.

Endorse B&R and Lethal's comments 100%.

A better effort but we were miles off winning --- our defenders did well under extreme pressure.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 792
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:42 am

This coming off season it is vital we recruit well. If we don't and have another season bouncing around the bottom not looking like an A grade side or capable of winning, I fear we will have no supporters left. Let alone how many members from this year will bother to renew.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:10 pm

I agree with the other posters, we are a Reserves side playing SANFL League football. Murphy was best he has been a good recruit for us.

We don’t have any Key Position Players who can mark the football.

I fear for the future of our club.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 811

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:08 pm

With 2 games left, I think our recruiting this year falls well under expectations, despite the pre season hype about them.
Murphy gets a pass mark.
Gore was good at times.
The rest have been disappointing, although I think Meline will be better next year.
On last night, Norwood are a middle of the ladder team but should have won by 60, not 29.
We need a dozen recruits just to be competitive and that is probably not going to happen.
Tough calls need to be made on a heap of players who are not good enough.
I agree with Lachlan. The future look bleak.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 556

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:28 pm

Agree entirely with your report blackandred. Tried hard but not enough competent footballers. We don't have a ruckman, we don't have a midfield and we barely have a forward.
Selection, as you point out, is baffling at this point in the season.
Instead of recruiting 10 players who don't have an impact at League level, we should aim to recruit 4 who will.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:47 pm

TAAARS wrote:This coming off season it is vital we recruit well. If we don't and have another season bouncing around the bottom not looking like an A grade side or capable of winning, I fear we will have no supporters left. Let alone how many members from this year will bother to renew.

Yes, I also fear for the future of our club. Last night's performance was poor and only barely acceptable when compared to last week's performance. We were never a winning chance. How can you win a game of football when you don't have a forward line? Over the past two weeeks we have managed 48 inside 50s to the oppositions 122. Terrible stats, but even worse when you consider the 48 entries have only produced 6 goals. No wonder our better players are defenders. We were promised a more attacking style by the new coach. After 14 rounds we've actually scored less than the same number of rounds last year.

It has been suggested by some supporters/board members that 'success is just around the corner' and that 'Its going to be a long slog fellas but it will all come together with hard work and trust.'  We've been told to be patient ad nauseam. We've even been told to find something else to do on weekends if we're not happy. Our attendances are falling according to crowd numbers and the ratio of our supporters to those of the opposition. If this translates into fewer memberships being sold next year, then we are in even deeper s..t.

Yes, the priority has to be to recruit key position players or at least players with some size about them. We've got plenty of small and mid size players, so surely the focus should be on picking up 2-4 bigs who can play. Even if we have to pay overs to get them and, we might have to seeing as our club is probably not considered a first choice destination for most players looking for a club. The recruiting committee simply has to deliver. For the most part, the current crop of players are giving it their best shot

I'm sorry, but I see no improvement whatsoever. I'm sure we were all hopeful at the start of the year, our recruiting looked solid and we had a new, highly credentialled coach, however we are about to collect our third, consecutive wooden spoon and haven't finished in the final 5 for six years. We're told that everyone is working hard and leaving no stone unturned in the pursuit of improvement.
If that's the case maybe we need to work smarter.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 259

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:52 pm

We only had 4 more scoring shots this week than in our goalless debacle last week. Not a massive improvement is it.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:27 pm

I think we have gone backwards from last year and that’s saying plenty.
We aren’t competitive against any opposition.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 811

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:10 pm

bruce cameron wrote:Over the past two weeeks we have managed 48 inside 50s to the oppositions 122.

This tells you that we really struggle to move the ball from one player to another in a chain that ends up in the forward line. i.e our disposal skills are well off the pace.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum