RODH2
aldo russian
15 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West v Sturt Empty West v Sturt

Post by aldo russian Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:23 am

It's hard to believe our season's nearly over. I guess they feel shorter when you don't win much. This week is our last game against a side outside the five, as the ladder presently stands.
Could we get back a few from injury, like Beech, Meline and Gore? It would be interesting to see who drops out if they are available, given we must surely now have an eye on next year.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1056

Back to top Go down

West v Sturt Empty Re: West v Sturt

Post by aldo russian Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:56 pm

Contrary to what our website says, Lemmey and Gordon are out from our side against Port. (How we can't get these things right is baffling.) Anyway, Lemmey will be sorely missed.
As an aside, what happened to a hamstring being a 4-week injury? These days a player does a hammy and we never see them again.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:34 pm

Why is Lemmy out, aldo? (Haven't checked the website, not sure I want to....)
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:58 pm

Playing college football.

Yes, I know.......

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1573

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:05 pm

Thanks, Lee.......... Neutral
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:06 pm

Good to see Davidson a chance this week.
He has had a terrible run with injury but is a handy player.
Kicks goals and uses the ball well.
I’m backing us to get a win this week!!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 556

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:16 pm

In 55 years of watching us that is without doubt the worst half I've ever seen by a West Adelaide side. They couldn't be that bad if they coached themselves.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:35 pm

Six separate points, not even a goal in a game of footy. I hope no-one comes on hereand says we are 'rebuilding'. What a disgraceful effort, from the very top down. Shameful.
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:37 pm

WOW!!!
A goal less game.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:50 pm

Wonder what the u/18s thought watching that disgraceful exhibition.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 429
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Damo77 Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:36 pm

Well I guess its 6 points more than our lowest score of all time V North Adelaide 1897 of 0.0.
Torrens, Sturt, Norwood (all pre 1900) and Port Adelaide (1906) have also had goal less games.
Perhaps we should clear out some of the big wigs and replace them with those that have skin in the game.
Very embarrassing for all involved.
Damo77
Damo77

Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : Watching the bloods win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:41 pm

It’s inconceivable that a league side in 2021 can go goalless for an entire match, bu then again that’s West Adelaide.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 811

Back to top Go down

Post by inthruck Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:48 pm

Gives new meaning to diabolically inept.
inthruck
inthruck

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:06 pm

A sad day for the Club and all of us who love it.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1573

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:20 pm

This was from our President, two weeks ago to Members and Supporters:

Recently I’ve heard the expression “green shoots” from several club members. It’s heartening to know that we are starting to see some improvements in the style of football we are playing. There is no doubt that our senior men’s side is more competitive this season, even though we are not yet seeing this reflected in our position on the ladder.

Perhaps he should come out and retract that statement.
What an absolute shambles this club is.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:56 pm

Today was beyond pathetic. For a SANFL league side to fail to kick a goal in an entire match is unforgivable. People will look back on this in future years and ponder that the conditions must have been atrocious this day. Fact is they were not. There was no wind. The ground while soft was not a mud bog in fact quite reasonable given the rain we have had. I have never seen West so bad. We are a basket case. The board should resign on mass. They clearly can't run a Football club. We after all were not up against a top side even. I left at 3/4 time. I couldn't take it any more.

-
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:13 pm

....and let's face it, nothing but platitudes from our President, what, only a week ago.
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Damo77 Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:54 pm

I feel sorry for the volunteers. Too many big wigs with no footy experience.
Damo77
Damo77

Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : Watching the bloods win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:34 pm

For the President of our club to come out and say that we are starting to see improvement in the style of our play, is laughable to be honest.
This side is the worst team I have ever seen in my 35 years of supporting the club.
I cannot believe how many players we have playing League Football who simply are not good enough.
We have won 6 games in 3 years!
I have absolutely no confidence that this current Board can get us out of this mess.
A very big broom needs to go through the club in my opinion.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:40 am

I have no words to describe this game but I'm hoping for some sort of explanation from the coach sometime this week.

In a strange twist the club actually outscored Sturt on the day thanks to a wonderful win by the U18s. Well done boys.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:04 am

When a team puts in a performance like that it tells me there was a
LACK OF EFFORT.

To win only 6 games over the past 3 years is an absolute disgrace and an
indictment on the whole club.

I agree we need to hear from the Coach and even the CEO
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 811

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:02 pm

That 'performance' cannot go unremarked upon by the Board. If the Board don't issue some statement, some sort of apology to its supporters who were humiliated yesterday and some sort of meaningful outline of a way out of this mess, then they're not serious.
I would have thought that a strong Board would also call the senior coach in for a please explain, to explain how we have got to this point and what needs to be done now.

The example of Boyle, who takes a mark on the half back line, doesn't know what to do next, doesn't want to kick up the line, so handballs backwards to Ryan who has an opponent on him and who then walks over the boundary line with the ball is an indication that the players are confused. Our inept (and rare) movement of the ball inside our forward 50 indicates the same thing. We don't seem to have structure, we're outnumbered in our forward 50 and yet we rarely outnumber the opposition in our defensive 50.

As for 'green shoots', I'd want to be seeing green shoots three MONTHS into a new regime, not three YEARS. Anyway, they got a dose of Roundup yesterday.

I hope that passionate West Adelaide people won't stand idly by if this miserable scenario doesn't start improving quickly.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:12 pm

"a dose of Roundup..." very succinct, aldo, you'd laugh if it wasn't so bloody serious! Mad
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:37 pm

aldo russian wrote:That 'performance' cannot go unremarked upon by the Board. If the Board don't issue some statement, some sort of apology to its supporters who were humiliated yesterday and some sort of meaningful outline of a way out of this mess, then they're not serious.
I would have thought that a strong Board would also call the senior coach in for a please explain, to explain how we have got to this point and what needs to be done now.

As for 'green shoots', I'd want to be seeing green shoots three MONTHS into a new regime, not three YEARS. Anyway, they got a dose of Roundup yesterday.

I hope that passionate West Adelaide people won't stand idly by if this miserable scenario doesn't start improving quickly.

Yesterday's performance is totally unacceptable and an insult to all passionate West Adelaide supporters. I agree wholeheartedly with Aldo. This performance cannot go unremarked upon by the board. What supporters need to hear is a heartfelt apology, a statement which is much more than a collection of platitudes. Uncritically accepting platitudes makes it too easy to accept falsehoods. Communication at our club doesn't happen often enough and when it does it lacks substance. Previous Coach's Reports and the President's Message to Members are the main examples.

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/round-14-coaches-report-mens-league/
To me these coach's reports are too brief and are simple recounts. They lack depth and and I don't get a sense that they are written with any real passion. When I read a coach's report I want to get a sense that the coach really cares. Do others feel the same? I compared two of Brad's reports. (Rd 14 v The Eagles and one that he wrote while coaching South 2015) I am expecting something significant from our senior coach after yesterday's performance.

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/presidents-message-to-members-and-supporters/
https://www.safc.com.au/blog.html?page=297

The President mentioned that our performances at the U18 and reserve levels have improved and that these will soon have an impact at the senior level. The role of the development squad is to develop players to a standard whereby they can participate at league level. An improved win/loss ratio does not necessarily generate league players. The U18 situation is similar with the added impediment of players being drafted by the AFL. So to argue that
these gains will quickly filter through to the senior men’s results is illogical. Our U18s finished top 3 in 2019. Where are these green shoots? Our Development squad finished top 4 in 2018. Our senior results since then have been totally unacceptable.

Like Aldo, I believe the members/supporters need to hear some sort of meaningful outline of a way out of this mess, If we don't then the board isnot serious. So far the on line response from supporters has been very disappointing. The board need to hear our anger. Is there a plan? If so what is it?
6 wins in 3 years is a pathetic return. A similar performance in 2022 and ...

Last edited by bruce cameron on Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 259

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:40 pm

Ok I'm not going to post on this site anymore
One I'm and sick and tired of certain people who do nothing but bag the Amin of the club
Two I have a thing about people who have to have a go at the club but who aren't members or go to a a game
To me people like that are nothing but frontrunner
I'm entitled to have my view
Plus it seems the we weren't allowed to have a go at the previous admin. But now it's open for certain people allowed to say what they want
Yes I do say something after a game thats not right but that out of frustration
We all need to get over our grudge and work towards our club getting better
I'm close to the club and have a fair idea what's going on but I'm going to keep it to myself
So goodbye
blacky

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum