Lee Harradine
aldo russian
12 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WWT v West Empty WWT v West

Post by aldo russian Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:20 pm

Meline and Gore out injured. Maybe Sinderberry returns?

I'd line up like this:

F: Haysman Lemmey Squire
HF: Ellem Keough Chamberlain
C: Fejo Lovell Boyle
HB: Dunkin Duval Murphy
B: Sinderberry Ryan Hill

R: Taverner Schiller Stevens

Int: Redfern, Batley and I can't find two more I'd want to pick.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1056

Back to top Go down

WWT v West Empty Re: WWT v West

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:22 pm

Just a big tick for Logan Hill, who continues to be a fantastic player for us.

Great leader, first class citizen.

Props also to Tommy and Beechy amongst others.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1573

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:01 am

I too would like to say how good a player Logan Hill has been for the club.
Last week he was also injured around the same time as we lost 2 players with hamstring injuries yet he stayed out there and gave his all.
If anyone thinks that there is a lack of effort given by the players during a game then they haven't seen them in the rooms afterwards, they are physically spent every time we play weather are beaten (yes that's often) or not but they are working their butts off both during the week and on game days.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:18 am

Yes, I thought Hilly was probably cooked at the end of last year but he's been very very good this season.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:08 am

Going to be a tough day at the office this week.
I think Cleeland will ruck. Thought he was ok last week.
Ed Allan should get another go.
I hope Sam Davidson can string some games together. He is a goal kicker and I think he would add something to the forward line.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 556

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:26 am

Could be a hard watch tomorrow I reckon.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:34 am

I agree
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 811

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:16 pm

a very flattering 19pt margin today thanks to WWT inability to kick goals.
could easily have been a 12 goal flogging.

Taverner should be banished for the remainder of the season, he contributes absolutely nothing.
Duvall should play forward for the remainder of the season, one of the rare Wests players who can mark and kick.
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:50 pm

Yes it could easily have been a 12 goal loss, and that's about the difference in class between the two teams, but I thought the players put in a terrific effort for four quarters today and should be commended for that. And what's more, we were still a stupid chance to pinch the game in the last quarter.

We had 8 hit outs for the game. We didn't win one clearance in the first quarter. There's an obvious hole to fill there. I thought Ellem helped get us back in the game when he went in to ruck, sometimes just with his second efforts. But he rucked very well for the first 8 minutes of the 3rd quarter and we got on top. Why he was taken off the ground for a rotation then was baffling.

They took so many marks in their forward 50. Hayes killed us, he had 20 marks for the game. And some of our kicking was atrocious. But we didn't drop our heads. And no one did a hammy. And we'd do a bit better if everyone could tackle like Joel Stevens. So, short on skill but not on effort today.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:15 am

Yes we should have been beaten by 10 goals, but our second half was better at least we tried to move the ball quickly. We did make errors with our kicking but it was pleasing to see that we wanted to try things.
We got smashed in the clearances for the second week in a row and it’s a worrying trend.
I did think Ellam improved things in the third qrt and I also thought Cleeland took a couple of marks something we have seen very little from our Key Position Players over the past 4 or 5 years.
Once again we had no answer to Jack Hayes he absolutely dominated our key defenders.

I watched young Lemmey in the ressies and he did a couple of nice things.
It was also pleasing to see young Couroupis play after a long absence.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:16 pm

It’s fair to say that the Eagles poor kicking made for a flattering scoreline but this ignores the fact we outscored them in the second half, in fact in the last 3 Qs we kicked more goals than they did. We lost the game in the first Q.
Once again we pushed a top side (also Glenelg, South) and made them work hard for the result. OK, we were never going to win but we played tough and tight footy in the last half and this needs to be recognised. No matter the quality of the opposition, if you can apply enough pressure chances will come. Play that type of footy for a whole game and we'll win more games than lose.
Joel Stevens (189cm) and Hupfeld (193cm) came into the side and bought with them some height, toughness and much needed aggression. Liked the way Hupfeld got under the skin of the WWT backline. Ellem and Cleeland are looking to be our ruck options for the rest of the season. They are both mobile and able to take marks in the field. Squire, Chamberlain and Sinderberry improve every week and will become key players for us next season.
Always prefer a win but not all doom and gloom considering we were playing the reigning premiers on their home track.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 210

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:15 am

We had 8 hit outs on Saturday.
None of our ruckman our in the top 10 for hit outs.
It is a big problem and the ruckman we recruited last summer is struggling in the 2s.

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:31 pm

Round 14 | West v Eagles

West 8.8 56 def by. Eagles 9.21 75

We kicked the first goal which was promising but from there the Eagles dominated clearances 8 to zero and so had all of the play in their front half. The second quarter was a little similar & fortunately the Eagles were inaccurate so we only went in 33 points adrift at half time.

The first 14 minutes of the third quarter was really encouraging as we took it to the 2nd placed team kicking 3 goals to 1 & if Tom Keough converts from 40 metres out after a terrific passage we were right in the game at less than 3 goals away but unfortunately he missed & they take it to the other end & our moment is missed.

To the players credit we kicked the first of the last from a ripper centre clearance & Joel Stevens hits the post which would have narrowed the lead to 17 points 4 minutes into the last. Ultimately, we go down by 19 points fighting the game right out to the end which was pleasing for us all.

Thanks to all the loyal supporters that turned out as we heard you loudly, especially in that 3rd quarter.

We’re all looking forward to this week & I genuinely believe if we can put a 4 quarter effort together we might be a sneaky chance this week so come along & support loudly!

Senior Men’s Coach
Brad Gotch

Anyone else have a slight problem with the final sentence of Gotch’s review above? “Might be a sneaky chance”…… does that imply that even he isnt confident of a win??? Leaves players and members will a lot of confidence!
blood bath
blood bath

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:46 pm

It certainly sounds that way doesn't it? But I don't have a problem with it. I would rather he be brutally honest frankly. We are not up to standard. Have recruited very poorly for the past few years for various reasons none of which is the coaches doing. He came to us too late for this year to have much if any influence. I won't be attending this week on principle as I don't like the AFL reserves in our comp. I may drop down to Norlunga for the South game though. Sadly I have attended only about 3 games all year which for me is most unusual as any one who knows me would attest. I have taken the advise of an ex president of our club who on this very forum said " if you don't like it find something else to do with your time" Just great that isn't it? So I have along with many others it appears. God help us.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:48 pm

I don’t believe the coach wrote that report or any of the others since it went from video to a written report.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:34 pm

Lachlan wrote:I don’t believe the coach wrote that report or any of the others since it went from video to a written report.
I don't know Lachlan, a bit of a concern if that was straight from the Coach, it lacks a bit of Professionalism, just in my opinion!? What do others think? On the other hand, free pop-corn for the kids this Sunday, might have to wear flat shoes and tag along.....!
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:11 pm

TAAARS wrote:It certainly sounds that way doesn't it? But I don't have a problem with it. I would rather he be brutally honest frankly. We are not up to standard. Have recruited very poorly for the past few years for various reasons none of which is the coaches doing. He came to us too late for this year to have much if any influence. I won't be attending this week on principle as I don't like the AFL reserves in our comp. I may drop down to Norlunga for the South game though. Sadly I have attended only about 3 games all year which for me is most unusual as any one who knows me would attest. I have taken the advise of an ex president of our club who on this very forum said " if you don't like it find something else to do with your time" Just great that isn't it? So I have along with many others it appears. God help us.
thats 3 more games than some people on here
blacky

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:05 pm

Here is our record since 2016.
2016-2021
Played 99 games
Won 21 Lost 77
Draw 1

Who could blame anyone for not wanting to go to the footy anymore.
Appalling record.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:10 pm

Does anyone have a breakdown of wins in each of the last 4 and a half seasons? (2016 till now.)
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:03 pm

Sure!!
2016 2 wins
2017 5 wins
2018 8 wins
2019 2 wins
2020 2 wins and a draw
2021 2 wins
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:13 pm

So as bad as that record is, 2017 and 2018 showed something at least......... I fail to see how the 'new' Board has achieved anything at all, on or off the ground, you might expect at least some improvement into a third season. Ancient History, I guess! Yeah, I might even go to the South game, it has that Community feel, which is where I think the future of SANFL might lie. (Thanks, Wolf Pack).
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:36 pm

At the end of the day, it’s all about the wins and losses.
Therefore, this current board has failed dismally.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:22 am

Wolf Pack wrote:At the end of the day, it’s all about the wins and losses.
Therefore, this current board has failed dismally.

Yes I think it's hard to escape that reality. They are running a football club, a mighty unsuccessful one at the moment.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:14 pm

I agree the FOOTBALL part is essential and what we go to see and be members for. Without a competitive side out there each week the club is just another back street pub with few patrons.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:09 pm

Wolf Pack wrote:Sure!!
2016 2 wins
2017 5 wins
2018 8 wins
2019 2 wins
2020 2 wins and a draw
2021 2 wins

I'm sure someone will correct me if wrong, but this would be West Adelaide's worst stretch of crap football?
it is definitely worse then 05,06,07,08.
the club is in danger of heading into Sturt territory (1989 - 1996).
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum