Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

flags, spoons and knives

4 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

flags, spoons and knives Empty flags, spoons and knives

Post by rougeplasma Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:14 pm

I strongly recommend all Westies supporters read Lee Harradine's book "Flags, Spoons and Knives", as it is an interesting, balanced and lucidly expressed account of Lee's view of the progress of WAFC from the 1800s onwards. The book is available from the Kurralta Park Newsagency, K - Mart shopping centre, Anzac Highway.

Last edited by rougeplasma on Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : date error)
rougeplasma
rougeplasma

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

flags, spoons and knives Empty Re: flags, spoons and knives

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:49 am

Thanks for the kind words, rougeplasma.

Pretty much sold out, but I'm looking at a second print, especially if the Club will relent and let our members know about the book.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:51 am

Those who have read the book will be pleased to know that Brad Gotch took time out to have a chat with me last week, one I enjoyed greatly.

Let's hope he has every success.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:25 am

Just an update:

I've been overwhelmed by the kind words from Bloods' fans all over Australia about 'Flags, Spoons & Knives'.  The feedback has been so positive and I've received many yarns and reminiscences from supporters everywhere and made new friends.  I'm not too far away from a second print, but disappointed that the hierarchy won't let the members know it exists.  That's their right, though, we all know their real reasons, so I'll press on regardless.

Here's the latest comment, from our friend, CK, on www.talkingfooty.forumotion.com

There are so many really good SANFL club history books out there. Interested to see the favorites of posters?

Just finished the updated West Adelaide one by Lee Harradine. "Flags Spoons & Knives" updates some information of "Blood Sweat & Tears" but provides a new perspective on many other aspects as well as providing the more recent history. Certainly a very eye opening summary of the politics of football clubs but it also gives a magnificent insider's view of the club. Very highly recommended for neutral fans as well as Bloods diehards.

Last edited by Lee Harradine on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:07 am

Had a lovely conversation with 83 premiership player, Mike Smith yesterday. Mike's doing well in Melbourne and rang to buy a copy of Flags, Spoons & Knives.

Thanks blacky.

Second print selling well, message me or phone 0409911946 for a copy.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:42 am

Until I'd re-watched highlights and games from the 80s I'd forgotten how feisty Mike Smith was; he frequently got a bit physical with the opposition.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:57 pm

Mike Smith was an excellent footballer.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down