Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 357

Back to top Go down

New Coach - Page 2 Empty Re: New Coach

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:13 pm

Mypaspective wrote:Doesn’t take long for the secrets to escape

Not the best process.
Applications close Wednesday (?), B & F Friday, in the media Saturday before any club announcement.

Good appointment if true, but some loose lips, it seems?
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:16 pm

U shouldn’t blame the process Lee because it was just unfortunate with timing.
The B&F was booked before Gavin unexpectedly stepped away, causing the need for a swift & thorough coach recruitment process.
It is pretty obvious that the leak came from last night’s B&F as a result of media people who were present overhearing discussions & running with what they thought they heard.
Although terribly disappointing, until the club formerly announces the successful candidate it is only speculation.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:20 pm

I think you're right about how the news got out, MP.

The club would be disappointed in that.

In any event, Gotch is a good appointment.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:32 pm

If it is Gotch his stats are impressive.

The 3 yrs he coached South in 59 games he won 36 & drew 1, a 61% success rate. With an avg of 12 wins per year they must have made the finals in each season.

We wouldn’t mind a bit of that. I am also hearing some quietly positive news of a couple of very good recruits hopefully heading our way. No names no pack drill. Until pen is put to paper it’s only hope on my behalf.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:12 am

The West Adelaide Football Club is excited to confirm the appointment of Brad Gotch as its new Senior Coach for the next two years.

Brad joins the Bloods from the Collingwood Football Club, where he was the Academy Coach and Coach Education Manager.

Prior to his time at Collingwood, Brad coached Williamstown to a VFL premiership and also led South Adelaide FC to a preliminary final appearance in his first year in charge (2014). His extensive experience across AFL and state league football will be an asset for the Club as we look to further develop the playing group in 2021 and beyond. With a proven track record of creating and developing high performance cultures, Brad is an exceptional leader and highly regarded across the football industry.

Prior to his accomplished coaching career, Brad played 43 games for Fitzroy and 53 for St Kilda in the VFL/AFL as well as 11 games for Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL.

Gotch said, “Thanks to the West Adelaide football club for having the confidence in me to lead the club for the next two years. I am excited about getting started especially to meet the playing group and staff as quick as humanly possible.”

“The whole interview process was as professional as I have experienced and the passion shown by all was enough to convince me that this role was the fit for me!"

“I can’t wait to get started & to the supporters get behind the club as I can see exciting times ahead.”

CEO Ben Hopkins said “Brad’s coaching record speaks for itself. Having led strong programs both in the SANFL and interstate we saw him as a strong candidate for the role straight away and he confirmed that with the way he conducted himself throughout the process.”

“He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience which can only help us in our quest to continually improve our football club. His energy and enthusiasm for the role was evident from the moment we engaged with him and we’re excited about him leading our group into 2021.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 601

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:32 am

Very good appointment but an amazingly quick turn around time from calling the job considering that Applications Close: 12 noon Wednesday 28 October, 2020 which is 4 days ago. Further, this apparently leaked on Friday night (reportedly) therefore the decision was made a maximum of 2 days after Applications Close: 12 noon Wednesday 28 October, 2020.

You may call me Nostradamus in future LOL ---[quote="Oldfella"]My gut feeling is that they went into this process with a name in mind but who i do not know.[/quote]

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/senior-coach-position-vacant/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 751
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:36 am

I think Gotch is a very good appointment, he comes with a wealth of experience and has been involved in a number of quality programs.
Well done to the club.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:51 am

Why do people think that because a deadline is October 28th they can only start interviewing then?

I’d start interviewing as soon as the first application arrives. You can have “the favorite” right through and change each interview if a better fit comes through. They waited until close, made a selection and here we are.

Being in Victoria he’ll need to move, quarantine etc and its November. Players need recruiting and preseason organised.
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 399

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:42 pm

I think you misunderstood what i meant which was same as you said.

Normally these issues drag on however the selection process was extremely quick compared with normal football clubs actions and those involved have done very well

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:10 pm

Lachlan wrote:I think Gotch is a very good appointment, he comes with a wealth of experience and has been involved in a number of quality programs.
Well done to the club.

Yes, a great appointment. A wealth of experience gained through involvement at many levels, including 3 years at South Adelaide (2 finals appearances) Also, Brad's recent tenure at Collingwood might be handy in recruiting a few players. (fingers crossed)
As far as the process is concerned, I think we should take Brad's word that, “The whole interview process was as professional as I have experienced and the passion shown by all was enough to convince me that this role was the fit for me!"
Go Bloods
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:31 pm

The public process was disappointing, but the result is very good.

Gotch was highly regarded at South and he is a good fit for where we are.

It will take time, but well done to the Club for such a necessarily quick process with a good result.

(I don't think he would have come with a bargain price, but good that we're invrsting in football.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:34 pm

Not trying to start a disagreement but how was the public process disappointing? I legitimately would like to understand your thoughts
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:15 pm

I think any club would be disappointed if the announcement of a new coach was made by the media first before the club's official announcement.

I don't think that's a controversial statement, just an obvious one.

As I said, though, it's no longer an issue, as it's a welcome appointment and well done by the Club.

We can now look forward
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:37 pm

A genuinely exciting appointment I reckon. Particularly wise to get a coach with experience in developing players, given the current salary cap restrictions.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 910

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodsFireUp on Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:02 pm

Congrats to the club for signing a high performance coach with a solid experience and background in development. Looking forward to a new game plan being unleashed next season. Go Bloods!
BloodsFireUp
BloodsFireUp

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach on Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:52 am

If you get the chance listen to a replay of Gotch on SEN this morning.
Very impressive
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:41 am

brodlach wrote:If you get the chance listen to a replay of Gotch on SEN this morning.
Very impressive

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:42 am

Very Impressive Interview

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:31 pm

brodlach wrote:If you get the chance listen to a replay of Gotch on SEN this morning.
Very impressive

I really liked what he had to say, particularly with developing our own players.

Well done to the Club, it's a very good appointment. Let's have some patience, but better times ahead, I think.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:46 pm

Thanks Theile

Top interview but a couple off things he said pleased me.

• In the end he choose Westies over Norwood as he felt Westies were a better fit.

Adam Hartlett has been appointed assistant defensive coach

While they are chasing several recruits he feels we have young talent at the club which he wants to develop.

Way in which he described our Football director and our CEO was enlightening.

Think he will prove to be a great get.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:51 pm

Just listened to the SEN interview & I agree with everyone above.

Wasn’t is nice to hear positive comments from Brad about his feelings of Westies being the “best fit” for him & the player development opportunities that exist. Also his sheer excitement about the appointment of Adam Hartlett as an assistant.

Most importantly to me though was his praise about the professionalism & passion shown during the interview process by Ben Hopkins & Derek Bonner. Obviously also Wayne Seikman has had a lot to do with this behind the scenes.

I feel buoyed by the fact that an applicant who knows very little about our club was so impressed with the passion of our people.

PLUS we bloody beat Norwood!!!!!

I can see another resurgence ahead & not too far away. Let’s all get behind the club, the team, the coaches, the admin & the board to unite on & off the field which is critical to any football club’s success.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:32 pm

Now listen to Adam Hartlett - this is a very good appointment in my opinion

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/hartlett-heads-home-to-westies/

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:31 pm

Oldfella wrote:Now listen to Adam Hartlett - this is a very good appointment in my opinion

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/hartlett-heads-home-to-westies/

I agree Oldfella. Adam can continue his coaching apprenticeship under a very experienced mentor at Westies. Great to hear Adam mention that Gotch is all about scoring. My reaction = Hallelujah!!! How many times did we get run over trying to defend small leads when all that was needed was to score the occasional goal. Of course it's easier said than done, but I sense a real buzz about these two appointments. Amazing really, when you consider the abject despair apparent during the latter half of the 2020 season. Hope appears to be alive and well at Westies and hope is a good thing.

Go Bloods
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:05 pm

Think this is a good signing for the club, the Collingwood connection is probably not a bad thing either. Lyndon Dunn got a mention on Sen 🤔
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum