CLUB

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

CLUB Empty CLUB

Post by Oldfella on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:52 am

just had a strange phone call from an old cricket friend (who went for a meal) who said the clubs been closed yesterday and today due to "Power Outage" which is curious as the power company site reflects no power outages in this area for this time period.

Is there upgrades to the solar system or something similar happening.

Anyone heard anything

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 740
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

CLUB Empty Re: CLUB

Post by RODH2 on Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:37 pm

Perhaps the Board could let us know what is going on down there, like they always do......oh, wait!! Rolling Eyes
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme on Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:26 pm

I live spitting distance from the club and my power has been on all weekend.
The club has not served meals on a Sunday or Monday (regardless of a public holiday) for sometime.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:55 pm

mikeme wrote:I live spitting distance from the club and my power has been on all weekend.
The club has not served meals on a Sunday or Monday (regardless of a public holiday) for sometime.

Thanks for that mate I did not know about "The club has not served meals on a Sunday or Monday (regardless of a public holiday) for sometime"

The reason I mentioned "Power Outage" my old cricket mate mentioned a sign saying so and just seemed odd that's all -- probably nothing just being old & curious and bored stuck at home. Very Happy Very Happy

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:26 pm

I believe it wasn't the Bistro, but the bar and Club itself.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1402

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme on Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Has anyone seen the message from the President on the website today.
I cannot open it as it says page not found!
mikeme
mikeme

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:06 pm

There's no message on the website that I can see. Perhaps there was a technical issue and it's been taken down. Or perhaps the site crashed at the shock of some communication appearing.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme on Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:25 am

I will go with the latter as it was a Wednesday afternoon and I had not had a drink at the time.
mikeme
mikeme

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:26 am

It has been suggested to me that the issue was one of rain water leaking through the ceiling into the bar area which makes sense.

I seem to recall that when the Solar was installed that significant roof repairs were required at that time ---- may be wrong.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:54 pm

Putting my "retired electrician" hat on for a minute. If water has run into a switchboard or junction box etc in that area of the club it likely shorted between phases and or to earth which would have tripped probably multiple circuits. Not an unusual situation being quite common in commercial buildings especially if they have had renovations of any type done.
Usually just requires a good dry out and spray with CRC and away you go again. Sometimes needs a few new circuit breakers if soaked but not a biggie. And fix the leak ofcourse.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:08 pm

That fits, oldfella.

I vaguely recall that the solar rollout was restricted by the state of the roof in part of the venue.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum