West V Norwwod

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West V Norwwod Empty West V Norwwod

Post by Thiele on Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:14 pm

WEST

West Adelaide will give its fans a taste of the future in its last game of the season against Norwood at The Parade.

Highly-rated teenagers Bailey Chamberlain and Jye Sinderberry have been named to make their League debuts in the starting 18.

Chamberlain (18, 179cm and 70kg) has been named on the wing while Sinderberry (18, 188cm and 82kg) has been named at half-back.

They have been joined in the Bloods’ 25-man squad by forward Lyndon Hupfeld, goalsneak Connor Fairlie and premiership wingman Hugh Haysman.

Key defender Pat Levicki was unfit to play but has been cleared of any serious damage to his knee while Josh Koster is out with a hamstring strain.

F: B. Turner, Cleeland, Karpany

HF: Morrish, Ellem, Johnson

C: Willsmore, Schiller, Chamberlain

HB: Sinderberry, Keough, Duval

B: Squire, Ryan, Hill

R: Taverner, K. Stevens, Boyle

INT: Batley, R. Stevens, May, P. Fairlie, C. Fairlie, Haysman, Hupfeld

IN: Chamberlain, C. Fairlie, Haysman, Hupfeld, Sinderberry

OUT: Koster (hamstring), Levicki (knee)

NEW: Bailey Chamberlain (Roxby Downs), Jye Sinderberry (Goodwood Saints)

Reserves
Couroupis, Elliot, Forbes, Gilbert, Groom, Harris, Kelly, Kelsh, Kirk, Laudato, Martin, McKenzie, Mead, Morelli, Nield, Pearce, Rana, Sareen, Sherlock, J.Stevens, White, Wooldridge

Under-18
F: Warde, Obst, Blackwell
HF: Talbot, Young, Clark Jnr
C: Henty-Smith, White, E. Faulkner
HB: Van den Berg, Midwinter, Pridham
B: Hodge, Sherlock, Courtney

R: Heitmann, Desira, Kennedy
INT: T. Faulkner, Dunkin, Burbridge, Venning

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

West V Norwwod Empty Re: West V Norwwod

Post by bundy on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:14 am

No comments on this game! .Must be we have had enough of this season and can't wait to see what happens in the off season reciting wise. I expect the game to be close  the weather our only saviour. Norwood 8 goals

Last edited by bundy on Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 411
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:48 pm

I think so bundy.
Good to see a couple of talented kids get a run. Given our ladder position can't change I'd like to have seen at least one more tried instead of recycling players who have shown they're not up to standard. Norwood are missing several good players.
But not as many as us.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:58 pm

Here's a quiz question.

I think we played at Norwood Oval in the last game of 2008.

Two players made their debuts. One played in the 2015 Premiership, one never played another league game.

Name them.

No googling
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:59 pm

PS: The answer is in my book too.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:59 pm

Was Aaron Fielke one Lee?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:40 pm

I wish the season was over already. Just can't sit and watch any more of it. Norwood by 60+ points.
Unless they get bored.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:54 pm

aldo russian wrote:Was Aaron Fielke one Lee?

No. A clue, he didn't play for us this year. The other  players initials are DS.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:27 pm

jono beech
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:46 pm

Correct, Bundy, well done.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:56 pm

and i did not google
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:56 pm

is DS dean shuman
bundy
bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:48 pm

No, Dean Schumann was well before then.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodsFireUp on Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:16 pm

Our backline looking organised & confident in the 1st qtr but for those supporters at the ground look at our empty I50 with our forward line emptied out so we have nothing to kick to bar Redleg defenders. When Norwood turn it over and we win possession we have nothing to kick to. Wouldn’t want to be a Westies forward with this game plan.
BloodsFireUp
BloodsFireUp

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:28 pm

Well done Bloods and all who travelled to the Parade to support the team. A good way to finish off a pretty shitty year.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodsFireUp on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:38 pm

Take a bow Hupfield & Duval. This game won in the backline tonight and after half time seeing our backs roll up the ground in a forward press was a great move from Gav. Players seemed to be given a license to take risks after half time & it paid off. Stevens was outstanding and Hupfield has found his spot at CHB and his attack on the footy is just what we need in the backline. Duval made good decisions all night and our 2 young debutants in Chamberlaine & Sinderberry were 1st class. Great to see Chamberliane hit the score board with his attack at the ball. So happy for the boys to finish the season with a win especially over the Legs on their home ground. Nice touch from our boys to form a guard of honour for Bauldertone last game. Here’s to taking more risks and players taking on the game next season. If we can fix our forward line set up over the off season then I am looking forward to 2021. Go Bloods!!
BloodsFireUp
BloodsFireUp

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:39 pm

Yes, good finish to a poor year. Duval, Stevens, Johnson, Hupfeld, Ryan, Taverner all good, as we're many others.

Norwood a total mess, their game plan was wonderful. For us.

Well done, boys.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:01 pm

The game was won in the midfield especially after half time. Stevens was BOG by a long way he was outstanding. I thought Turner had a good second half and Chamberlain is going to be good if he doesn’t get drafted. He made good decisions.
I have to admit Hupfeld did play well, but 1 game doesn’t make him an SANFL Player. I thought Ryan and Duval were excellent.

Well done on a veery good win
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:02 am

Good to get an unexpected win to finish, what has been a very disappointing season.
Kaine Stevens has been a great player for our club.
Maybe Hupfield has found his role as a defender.....
I wouldn’t expect many players to be drafted. List sizes are getting smaller.
Let’s hope our team can climb the ladder in 2021.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:41 pm

Really pleased for the players to get a bit of joy at the end of this season. They worked really hard last night.

Duval was outstanding. For our sake I hope he doesn't get drafted. Johnson shows genuine leadership qualities I think, and is about as determined as we've got. Clearly Hupfeld'd best game for us and he does look a lot better in defence, but one swallow doesn't make a summer. Stevens went flat out all night too.

The two debutants looked very accomplished. Chamberlain is very neat and tidy, and Sinderberry was very composed under pressure. They both look like they should have been playing League a while ago.

We have to address our game plan though. We can't ask players to move the ball on quickly into the forward 50 when there's none of our players there.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred on Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:53 pm

It's been 6 days since our last game (a win!) and still no coach's report.

2 clubs in the bottom 4 looking for coaches.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:16 am

Second spoon in a row and not a peep from anyone at the club. When you orchestrate a massive upheaval of the Board of a club and then don't communicate with the members you breed suspicion and you push people away from their club.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:04 pm

aldo russian wrote:Second spoon in a row and not a peep from anyone at the club. When you orchestrate a massive upheaval of the Board of a club and then don't communicate with the members you breed suspicion and you push people away from their club.
Very well said, aldo. I walked out of "that" meeting, and thought to myself, 'where to from here'. Well.... "I told you so"! (Not "you" aldo!)
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:23 pm

Last Friday night’s win against Norwood may not be remembered as a great spectacle, it was none the less a great win for the players and the Club. Whilst we had avoided wet conditions for most of the year, we were treated to heavy rainfall through out the night. This unsurprisingly changed the dynamic of the match to one where contested ball, stoppages and long kicking became defining factors.

With two debutants in Jye Sinderberry and Bailey Chamberlain, we entered the game desperate to finish the season with a win and gain some overdue reward for effort and persistence. I thought we started well and set the standard with strong contested ball and defensive pressure. Both sides had difficulty scoring due to the conditions and large numbers flooding the forward 50s. We trailed by 9 points a quarter time but were well in the game. The second quarter was again very even however it was pleasing that when Norwood kicked two quick goals midway through the term, we were able to respond with our own scoreboard pressure through goals to Ken Kapany. This was significant because stopping opposition momentum has been a challenge for us. Despite trailing by 7 at half-time we felt very much in the game. Our backs in particular was well on top with Josh Ryan, Lyndon Hupfeld and Mitch Duval leading the way in aerial contests. Our mids were being beaten at restarts but we knew some slight changes to our tactics would be beneficial in the second half.

The match continued to be a slog after half-time. At times the rain was heavy enough to make even the most basic skills seem difficult. However we continued to have players excel in the tough conditions. Tom Keough kicked a fantastic goal, while Hamish Ellem competed for every ball and still created opportunities from ground balls. Towards the end of the quarter I thought Norwood got a few opportunities to run easily out of our forward 50m which we needed to close down for the final quarter. Trailing by 9 points at three quarter time, I was so impressed with our last quarter. We managed to move the ball a little quicker and strong work rate by our mids and forwards, kept the ball in our forward line. We just had to keep persisting and take the chances when they came. Bailey Chamberlain did exactly this and not only won an important 50/50 ball at half forward, but finished with a great snap. We hit the lead mid-way through the term and we continued to fight and pressure. Norwood had a couple of scoring opportunities however I believe our constant defensive pressure on the night started to impact their composure- a real credit to our backline here. With 3 minutes to go, Brett Turner dodged his way clear from a restart and found Isaac Johnson 40m from goal. Isaacs kick put the game beyond doubt.

After watching our Development team fight hard for a win, it was extremely pleasing to follow up with the win. It was not flashy, rather it was hard fought and full of character and determination. Full credit to our players who have hung tough in a difficult season.

Kaine Stevens was a standout on the night. His defensive intent, work rate and clean handling of the ball in tight, exceeded all players on the ground. Our backline was fantastic. Ryan, Hupfeld and Duval were great on aerial balls and 1v1s. Our inexperienced small backs in Squire, May and Sinderberry were up for the fight all night. Johnson, Karpany, Morrish and Haysman provided 4 quarter pressure in our forward half. Whilst it is a cliché, it was a case of ‘all played well’.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum