West V Eagles

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West V Eagles Empty West V Eagles

Post by Thiele on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:08 pm

WEST

West Adelaide coach Gavin Colville will make at least three changes to his line-up to face the Eagles at Hisense Stadium.

Premiership wingman Hugh Haysman couldn’t be considered due to a hip injury while Lyndon Hupfeld and William Mead were sent back to the Reserves.

Highly-rated teenage midfielder Bailey Chamberlain is among six potential inclusions to the Bloods’ 25-man squad.

Originally from Roxby Downs, Chamberlain (179cm and 70kg) has been joined on the extended interchange bench by Nathan Batley, Ken Karpany, Josh Schiller, Stuart Taverner and Murray Waite.

Ruckman Andre Parrella will play his 50th Statewide Super League match.

F: Morrish, Cleeland, K. Stevens

HF: Koster, Ellem, Johnson

C: Boyle, B. Turner, Willsmore

HB: May, Levicki, Duval

B: Squire, Ryan, Hill

R: Parrella, P. Fairlie, Keough

INT: R. Stevens, Taverner, Chamberlain, Schiller, Waite, Batley, Karpany

IN: Batley, Chamberlain, Karpany, Schiller, Taverner, Waite

OUT: Haysman (hip), Hupfeld, Mead

MILESTONE: Andre Parrella 50 games

NEW: Bailey Chamberlain (Roxby Downs)

Reserves
Couroupis, Elliot, C.Fairlie, Forbes, Gilbert, Harris, Hupfeld, Kelly, Kelsh, Kirk, Martin, McKenzie, Mead, Morelli, Nield, Pearce, Rana, Sareen, Sherlock, Sinderberry, J.Stevens, Wooldridge

Under-18
F: Sgroi, Zinndorf, Martin
HF: Richardson, Young, D. White
C: Henty-Smith, Kennedy, Venning
HB: Laudato, Midwinter, Kelly
B: Van den Berg, Sherlock, Courtney

R: Heitmann, Burbridge, Desira
INT: Temme, Hodge, E. Faulkner, N. Oueiss

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

West V Eagles Empty Re: West V Eagles

Post by Thiele on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:08 pm

Parrella 50th SANFL game

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:22 pm

Big ask, this game...... Smile
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:57 am

Eagles have plenty of outs.
Probably resting them for the finals.
For some reason I think we will give them a contest tonight.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:51 pm

Yes, that's the sort of unwarranted hope that keeps us all going Wolf Pack.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:03 pm

For even more obscure and unwarranted hope, remember that West Torrens beat us in the last minor round game of 1983, when I think we got a bit ahead of ourselves Smile

OTOH, I watched the Eagles last week and they were comfortably the best team I've seen this year.

By a long way.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1402

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:38 pm

A few days ago I would have said Eagles by 100 pts. However with it being windy tonight and their outs I think more like a 60 to 70 points loss.
We will start well as usual then by half time revert to the sideways/backwards/oops gameplan and the eagles forwards will kill us. Just like against South and Sturt.
Oh well I will go for the last time this year because I must like going to the dentist and having root canal work done.
Thank God the season is all but over.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:35 pm

We are actually kicking with a strong breeze
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:51 pm

Nice of us to lend the oval to the eagles for their training session this evening.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:53 pm

I think a lot of our players are colour blind
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 411
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:28 pm

Nice to see your not allowed to barrack for your team with a bighead covid19 Marshall telling you that your to loud
blacky

Number of posts : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars on Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:34 pm

blacky wrote:Nice to see your not allowed to barrack for your team  with a bighead covid19 Marshall telling you that your to loud

Sadly there is one COVID Marshall who is on a bit of a power trip, even telling people as they are leaving the bar to go to their viewing point to sit down with their drink.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:52 pm

Give someone power and it goes to there head
Football is losing me
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:04 pm

Levicki off on stretcher does not look good

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 740
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:13 pm

The Eagles had 6 of their best out tonight and we still got flogged.
They had 62 inside 50s to 25!!!
Our issues start at the top. You simply cannot have people in high positions that HAVE NO FOOTBALL BACKGROUND 😡
We need West Adelaide People at the club calling the shots!
We need a response similar to what North Melbourne did today.
They delisted 11.
We should do the same.
I’m not sure if our coach should be in charge next year!!!

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:34 pm

Wolf Pack wrote:The Eagles had 6 of their best out tonight and we still got flogged.
They had 62 inside 50s  to 25!!!
Our issues start at the top. You simply cannot have people in high positions that HAVE NO FOOTBALL BACKGROUND 😡
We need West Adelaide People at the club calling the shots!
We need a response similar to what North Melbourne did today.
They delisted 11.
We should do the same.
I’m not sure if our coach should be in charge next year!!!

Can we delist this hapless, hopeless Board, Wolf Pack!!??
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:55 pm

Delisting the Board is difficult as you know

HOWEVER

I would expect that MULTIPLE Members may want to ask questions of the President about the Football Operations and what is being done -- also question about what changes Football Director & Football Manager have made to address the existing sad situation given they both have been in the role at least 12 months.

I would suggest that these two Gentlemen have until late February to show change within recruiting performance.

IF YOU ARE A MEMBER WHO IS UPSET ABOUT THE CLUBS FOOTBALL PERFORMANCE AT LEAGUE, RESERVES & U/18 THEN YOU NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:

1. ATTEND THE AGM.

2. PREPARE YOUR QUESTIONS BEFORE.

3. DO NOT BE SHY TO ASK THEM AND BE PREPARED TO REDIRECT/QUESTION IF YOU DO NOT LIKE/ UNDERSTAND THE ANSWER.

Finally, given that the Board can refuse to take questions from the floor consider putting Special Business notification in advance as per the Constitution which then must be addressed at the AGM ---

if any Member wants the exact wording on the requirements from the Constitution

If any member entitled to vote at an Annual General Meeting of the Club desires to bring forward any special business at any Annual General Meeting of the Club such member must give written notice of such business to the Chief Executive Officer not less than twenty-eight (28) clear days prior to the Annual General Meeting at which the member wishes such business to be considered and the Chief Executive Officer must incorporate such business in the notice convening the Annual General Meeting. No special business may be transacted at any Annual General Meeting unless notice specifying the specific nature of such business has been given in the notice convening such Annual General Meeting.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky on Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:06 am

Sorry oldfella don't agree the two new people you are talking about have not been in there positions for 12 months
We were always been told by committee's to give them time so let's give these new people time
Remember that we had a person that did not do his job and who I believe set the club where it is now
It's my opinion people do not have to agree but remember everyone is allowed an opinion
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella on Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:44 am

blacky,

Fair point mate and I do respect yours & others rights to have an opinion. The situation is too serious to have discussion damaged by incorrect information so i thank you for the correction.

you are correct when you say "Sorry oldfella don't agree the two new people you are talking about have not been in there positions for 12 months" and can only offer old age as an excuse. Football Director Derek Bonner appointment was effective from the Annual General Meeting in February 2020 (approximately 7 months ago) whilst Football Operations Manager Wayne Siekman commence in late January (approximately 8 months ago).

Whilst less than a year ago I do feel that this is time enough to have planned and started to implement structure & approach changes that will result in improvements to recruiting in terms of experienced quality recruits both in the immediate and long term future.

Given this, I  do feel it is appropriate to "ask questions of the President about the Football Operations and what changes the Football Director & Football Manager have made to address the existing situation."

My comment that "I would suggest that these two Gentlemen have until late February to show change within recruiting performance"  reflects these thoughts and is probably unfair but their structure for the immediate and long term future then should be reflected in next seasons recruiting.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:03 am

This team is just about the worst i have ever seen. Can't kick Can't mark won't chase even handpass to opposition. They are totally inept. What a challenge for our new recruitment officer.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 411
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:23 am

Sad days at the Bloods. The Reserves are poor, to the extent that after always being there at the start, I now can only manage the last half and even that's a stretch.

I watched the Eagles demolish the Bays last week and feared the worst this week, but nobody was prepared for the onslaught of the first 13 minutes, 4 goals to zero, with better run and skill.  Game over and it only got worse.

We'd be kidding ourselves to find many positives in such a game. It has to be called as it is. We looked out of our depth, a few players trying to hold back the tide of run and skill.

Props to our Finance Director who watches the Reserves.

I thought Josh Schiller did well first game back, Morrish is an elite kick for goal (except last week), Josh Ryan is always reliable, Kaine Stevens and Tom Keough worked hard and Mitch Duval took some nice marks.

We don't look as fit or strong as the opposition and this has been a problem for years now. When we get the ball, our first option in defence is a short kick to a flank, which then necessitates a kick down the line to a pack.  My abiding memory was watching 4 Eagles players running the ball quickly down the outer wing, one West player chasing, three trailing slowly a long was behind.

Good that Kevin Joseph and the Stats team were suitably recognised after the game.  Because of Skinny's last game, I went over to the Club after the game. It didn't feel like a particularly friendly atmosphere for some long-term Life Members and volunteers.

In better news, I've seen the first proofs of some of the book and they look great. If you haven't ordered one yet, there will be a launch at the Club in about 6 weeks and they will then be available to purchase.

All hands to the wheel if we don't want to suffer through more sad times like the last three games. We've finished up with another wooden spoon, too many already.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:36 am

Have  seen plenty of bad times at the WAFC but this feels about the worst of any I can recall as there is no good signs of promise anywhere - on or off field. I have also noticed the "feeling" around the club is more like a business transaction than a family as it used to be.
Onfield there is nothing further to add other than we are about 18 league  players short of being a good SANFL side. Dont think one off season even with good recruting will chnage that and its now the start of another 3 or 5 or 7 or 15 year plan to be a good football club?
I cant even get my old man who has been diehard Westies man for decades interested to attend or watch anymore, he's given up and found more satisfying  things to do on his weekend..... Even my 6 year old daughter says westies are losers and has started following the Eagles and I honestly cannot blame her!
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:10 am

Last night was embarrassing on and off the field. It started with a COVID Marshall who was on a massive power trip. Telling people they need Ed to be seated when they were on their way back from the bar and telling people to move apart despite those people standing together for years. A bit of commonsense needed there I reckon.

On the field, I am staggered that we didn’t lose by 25 goals. Looks like players didn’t care and were just out there for something to do (Stevens, Keough, Schiller and probably Hill and Ryan excepted). Things need to change drastically or instead of being outnumbered in the crowd 5-1 by eagles fans, it’ll be 10-1 next year. I don’t know why but I’ll be at Norwood next week.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:14 am

The problem at our club is the board is full of Business Men and Women with absolutely no football credentials whatsoever apart from the football director.
There has to be a mix of both!!!
I would like to hear from our Football Director. What is being done to get our club competitive on the field?
Why have we fallen off the cliff since winning the flag?

Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:44 am

Have to agree with Loppy. Half a dozen recruits is not going to do it. We need at least double that we are so far behind other clubs. Last night was embarrassing and pathetic. I will not be going to Norwood next week for another dose of crap footy. Norwood will kill us by 70+ points.
So we wait for another dose of Colvilles corner fireside chat where we are told how the boys tried hard but lost their way from the onset by not following the set plan.
That is true because they are not capable of carrying it out. We are not a league side. We are a reserves side with a handful of league players thrown in.
I think even the Weeds years were better than this,and he had nothing to work with.
I have never seen us so bad. I have little hope anything much will change.
But at least we have a SANFL friendly board. Just great.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum