Post by Wolf Pack on Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:00 pm

You wouldn’t be the only one losing interest! 🙁
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 424

Back to top Go down

Win lose record Empty Re: Win lose record

Post by aldo russian on Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:03 pm

It's frustrating and infuriating but I can't say it's not interesting.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:33 pm

A woeful statistic that shows our club is in total disarray.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodsFireUp on Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:03 pm

Lachlan
Not sure quite why you are taking objecting to my comment that we have a young side. Taking your advise to go back to the start of the season and check facts.....i have followed up for you. In round 1 we had 12 players 23 years and under. Our average team age (not including Taylor whose age is not listed nor do I have any idea how old he is) is 23.8 years average for round 1. (Batleys age also not listed but I have included him as club posted story earlier in year with his age at 27. Moving forward I think we can all agree that we have a young team in both terms of age and league experience. Should a football recruiting department have let it get to this point is a whole other story. With Gav in his 3rd season and half our team taking the park at U23 years we are definitely in a rebuilding phase. With the addition of experienced recruits, the experience & maturing of our YOUNG team I remain optimistic for the seasons ahead. Regardless I will continue to support the Bloods.
BloodsFireUp
BloodsFireUp

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:52 pm

Bloods fire up

I’m objecting to you sugar coating our performance and saying we are in a rebuild. The facts Are  we have a 22% winning strike rate for the past 5 years which is simply not good enough.
Sporting clubs shouldn’t take  5 years for a rebuild.

Taylor is 30 and I said we had 6 players that were playing in our first game that would be in their 28th year and older so we aren’t a young team and I stick by that.

I will always support the club and I will continue to donate money as I have always. My mentality is not to reward mediocrity or make excuses for poor performance.
AND I REPEAT IT DOESN’TAKE GOOD SPORTING CLUBS 5 YEARS FOR A REBUILD

Furthermore recruiting is part of a rebuild and we haven’t signed enough quality players for that rebuild.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:49 pm

I'm not sure how an average age of nearly 24 makes us a young side. At 23.8 or 24 years old you're about half way through your League career, and should just about be nearing your peak.
Anyway, I think if there was enough talent out there that just needed more experience we'd all be able to see that, we'd be getting better performances than what we are right now and we'd all be happy to be patient.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:52 pm

I don’t see a lot of talent coming through.
Can’t count Thilthorpe because he has 7 games left at the club.
Isaac Johnson has shown promise and maybe a couple more but our team is full of mediocre players.
Kaine Stevens is an A Grader and so is Tom Keough.
Logan Hill also gets a mention as he has been a solid player at the club for a long time.
I would argue that we don’t have any other A Graders in the side.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:02 am

I was reading and share similar sentiments, we currently have about 5 league standard players in the team, the rest might make it or improve, but might not.
We have been “rebuilding” since 2015, what we are building is debatable as we are bottom in all 3 grades but a fairly decent gap. But I guess that is what happens when you lose your best players every year and recruits are either unproven country lads, sanfl reserves from other clubs etc.
We have 1 good season (2 in a good decade) per decade if you look over the last 40 years
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by cuban on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:24 am

I have to agree with BloodsfireUp, most of the players this year have not played many games - there is a lot of potential for improvement for the core of this team. Players like Boyle, Waite, Parella, Duval, Fairlie, Johnson, Mead, May and Ellem have all shown some exciting talent - they will get better and more consistent with games under their belt.
Then there is Agostino, Turner, Ryan, Dunkin who are still young but now playing good, consistent footy.
I don't think any of those players are over 25 and most have not even played 20 games!
Give them another year or 2 of games and I think they will develop into a very good core - and they should all peak around the same time.
Some other youngster who seem to be improving but still unsure of - Koster, Hupfield, Cleeland, Kirk, Allan, Davidson, Willsmore and Morrish - hopefully some of these guys can take the next steps up.
The big problem now is keeping these kids together and getting games into them - sure we are going to have some bad losses until they get more consistent but we are also going to see games like glenelg along the way.
As for rebuilding - I don't agree about rebuilding since 2015.
We had a horror run with injuries in 2016 and 2017 which resulted in a lot of retirements of our premiership team. I think it wasn't until 2018 that we have really started rebuilding. Mind you it's been a very slow rebuild (especially with our salary cap restrictions) and it's been targeted toward younger players and not well known ex afl players.
I'm really hoping the strategy is a long term plan, expecting these younger players to stick around for the long term and develop into top sanfl players.
cuban
cuban

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum