West V Norwood

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West V Norwood Empty West V Norwood

Post by Thiele on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:27 pm

WEST

West Adelaide will make at least three forced changes for its match against Norwood at Hisense Stadium.

Ruckman Andre Parrella (calf), and defenders Josh Ryan (shoulder) and Elliot Dunkin (wrist), were all deemed unfit to face the Redlegs.

Jade Cleeland has been called up to replace Parrella in the centre square while captain Tom Keough could be shifted into defence to help cover Ryan’s absence.

Four potential debutants – Reed Stevens, Hamish Ellem, Lachie Squire and Tom Morrish – have also been included on the extended interchange bench.

Vice-captain Logan Hill returns to take his place in the back pocket.

F: May, Thilthorpe, B. Turner

HF: Haysman, Hupfeld, P. Fairlie

C: Willsmore, Allan, Boyle

HB: Duval, Keough, Batley

B: Anderson, Levicki, Hill

R: Cleeland, K. Stevens, Johnson

INT: Squire, Karpany, R. Stevens, Waite, Ellem, Morrish, Kirk

IN: Cleeland, Ellem, Hill, Morrish, Squire, R. Stevens

OUT: Parrella (calf), Dunkin (wrist), Ryan (shoulder)

NEW:Hamish Ellem (Sydney Academy), Tom Morrish (GWV Rebels/Ouyen), Lachlan Squire (GWS Academy) & Reed Stevens (Canberra)

Reserves
Caruso, Couroupis, Elliot, C. Fairlie, Forbes, Grant, Groom, Harris, Kelsh, Koster, Majok, Martin, McKenzie, Mead, Patterson, Pearce, Sareen, J. Stevens, Taverner, Taylor, Wooldridge

Under-18
F: Heitmann, Young, Clark Jr
HF: Desira, Rundle, White
C: Henty-Smith, Chamberlain, Kennedy
HB: Hodge, Sherlock, Van den Berg
B: Gilbert, Midwinter, McArdle

R: Faulkner, Long, Couroupis
INT: Venning, Baker, Boughen, Pridham

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

West V Norwood Empty Re: West V Norwood

Post by Thiele on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:31 pm

For the first time our four teams will play on the same day at our home ground, Hisense Stadium.

We unfortunately have a few players who sustained injuries from our clash against Sturt. Elliot Dunkin has had wrist surgery on a broken scaphoid and will be out for 3-4 weeks. Josh Ryan injured his AC joint in his shoulder and will also be out for 3-4 weeks. Ruck man Andre Parrella will also be out while he gets scans and will be replaced by Jade Cleeland. In some positive news Logan Hill returns to the side after a calf strain.

We have named four players making their potential debuts on our extended bench. These include Tom Morrish, Lachlan Squire, Reed Stevens and Hamish Ellem. The final side will be selected Friday night.

Please Note:

• All ticketed members and season pass holders can enter with their barcoded cards
• Purchase your tickets online and avoid queues here
• Tickets will also be available at reception. However, for contact tracing, spectators purchasing at the gate must provide contact details before entering the venue
• Unaccompanied U18s without a membership card also will be required to provide contact details upon entry
• Ticketed members with match access cards and spectators pre-purchasing tickets online are not required to provide contact details at the gate.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Women from 9.30

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:08 pm

Lots of key players out.
Ryan our really hurts. Forces Keough to the Backline.
Cleeland in the ruck is a real worry against Baulderstone. Norwoods mids will dine out this week.
It could be a nasty mess at Richmond this Saturday.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 418

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:46 pm

A number of key players missing, I think we are really going to struggle.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 715

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi can someone tell me Lachie Squire number please.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 404
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele on Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:54 pm

bundy wrote:Hi can someone tell me  Lachie Squire number please.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:48 pm

Unfortunately, the Reserves are 8 goals down to the previously winless bottom team. Not much good to report.

Let's hope for better in the main game
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 1386

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:43 pm

1st game live, beautiful day. Deplorable foot and hand skills as per usual. Don’t see much hope between all grades tbh, looks like boys v men.
loppy19
loppy19

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:51 pm

Absolutely hopeless, the league me team would be a decent reserves team. Training run for Norwood.
loppy19
loppy19

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:37 pm

These are pretty tough times to be a Bloods supporter.
We are used to it though........
It reminds me of the years when The Weed coached us before Andy Collins.
At least Collins was able to get some high quality recruits to come over, albeit his game style was atrocious.
I can’t see any light at the end of the tunnel.
Very sad to see our club become a Basket Case!!!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS on Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:06 pm

I thought earlier this week we were a chance. Then I heard of the outs and I thought we would be lucky to get up but still a chance. Well that turned into a flogging.
I still think we are better than last year as we have a lot of kids in the side and suffer from poor recruiting over the last 3 or 4 years.
Going to be a long season for the next couple at least.
How many goals did they get from our turnovers or mistakes? Learning curve no doubt with few senior players to lead the way.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:56 pm

Not the best day and it followed the familiar pattern of the past few years.  We just hung in for the first half, but it looked inevitable that Norwood would increase their lead as the game went on.  Their first five goals were kicked by their midfielders, Panos and Grigg, then Bastinac and Nunn became prolific. On top of that, Richard Douglas then put on a master-class, emphasising the difference in class of the respective midfields.

Kaine Stevens battled hard, Mitch Duval continued to do some nice things, but we were smashed at the contest by a more talented side who gave the impression they could have won by more.

I wanted to go into the rooms after the game to show solidarity, but the CEO put a stop to that because of the Covid rules, so a miserable day all round.

On a happier note, book sales are going well and if I can persuade the Club to send the link to members in due course it will be even better.  Thanks to those lovely people giving support to the project.

I was harsh about our game against South last week and said the last quarter was irrelevant. We must continue to support the Club, Coach and players, but we can't shy away from the fact that our performances in the last two weeks have been sub-standard. To say otherwise is to deny the obvious.

Crowd looked to be about 1,000, the majority Norwood supporters.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick1 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Its time nearly 3 years into the job no change to the skill levels or a game plan, and to many supporters are complacent with whats happening, ( next year we will be better) 1 win in 58 weeks changes need to be made . Ive been coming to games for 50 odd years and its just getting worse same crap every year, either improve or close the doors and throw away the keys. You can tell how a club is travelling by its reserves and 18 but both our teams have no promising players coming through more punishment to come the Eagles.
merrick1
merrick1

Number of posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Bottle Top on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:05 pm

Wolf Pack wrote:
At least Collins was able to get some high quality recruits to come over, albeit his game style was atrocious.
Can't say i'm much of a fan of Colville game style.
our ball movement from fullback into the forward line is mostly pedestrian, and at times downright deplorable.
the few times we have forwards in front of the ball, too often they are outnumbered by the opposition.
i understand that we don't have the quality of  players but i don't  think we have a winning game plan anyway.
Bottle Top
Bottle Top

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:14 pm

I don't know, did we give control of OUR club to the Corporates, who would take us forward in to a brave new future? It all seems to have fallen into a heap, and they don't even show up. And a Coach who works his guts out, week after week, and has the SUPPORT of Members who know their football. What am I missing here?
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:46 pm

It all comes down to recruiting or lack of.
All of the other sides in the comp have recruited several players that are league standard quality.
We have a league team with only 7 or 8 players that are of league standard. If we cannot attract quality players than we should close the doors. As a member I’ve had enough of our weak performances week in and week out.
Fair dinkum, we should be relegated to the Amatuer League!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by loppy19 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:54 pm

Unfortunately I tend to agree with you Wolfpack. Club just seems to be meandering to nowhere last 3-4 years
loppy19
loppy19

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:07 pm

Perhaps you should get your facts right before you post crap like that RODH2.
All but 2 of the Board were present at the game today. One of the 2 missing was our President who was in Qld this week to deal will the death of his 38yo son. The other person had business commitments.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:07 pm

From 2016 to now this is our record:
18 wins
59 losses
1 draw
Simply appalling statistics and the future looks terrible.
How are we going to turn it around????
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:12 pm

Mypaspective wrote:Perhaps you should get your facts right before you post crap like that RODH2.
All but 2 of the Board were present at the game today. One of the 2 missing was our President who was in Qld this week to deal will the death of his 38yo son. The other person had business commitments.
Fair enough, Mypaspective, I had NO knowledge of the President's Family situation at all, which I respect, of course. However, the Boards communication with the members has been very poor, to say the least, and the results on the field speak for themselves. My comments stand.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian on Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:16 pm

I'll never stop supporting the club, in every sense, but I too am sick to death of being so much worse than the rest of the competition. We are not improving on the field at all. 2 wins now from 18 games across the 3 grades. Anyone who thinks we have sufficient young talent that just needs time is deluded. Our current midfield prospects are never going to match it with the likes of Grigg, Panos, Bastinac, Douglas and Nunn.

What I want to see from the club is a sense of urgency, an acceptance that what we've been doing for the last few years has led us nowhere and that we need to set much loftier standards and then set about meeting them. We've been patient since 2016 and we haven't been rewarded.

I'd give Mitch Duval our best. He was probably also the only player we had who didn't turn it over today. Levicki was generally good too. Some of the soft goals Norwood got from stoppages in their forward 50 were an embarrassment, and not just to the players.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 880

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine on Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:50 am

Our current position isn't a surprise. My book tells why.

We also have no depth and that means we can't cover injuries to key players.

What is more worrying is that our 16s and 18s played Grand Finals in 2019, yet very little talent is coming through. Our 18s have dropped right off and can't get the footy in recent games.

The Club needs to be as one right now, but it's hard to see that there's sufficient will to manage that right now.

Let's hope that changes.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:12 am

Our Performance yesterday was totally unacceptable, we gifted Norwood far to many goals due to our lack of skill. How many times did a short kick miss the target. Alistair Clarkson could coach our team right now and we would still be in the same position.
The lack of talent is so obvious, we need to work harder than other clubs in the SANFL to get the club back to being successful.

There should be no excuses the lack of talent is extremely disappointing,Norwood could have beaten us by 20 goals.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan on Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:41 am

Our lack of signing quality players has been evident for to long.
Derek Bonner and Wayne Siekman need to leave no stone unturned to get players to our club. When you are at the bottom in any business you need to work harder than your opposition to lift your performance.

We should be enquiring as to the future of the NEAFL next year.

OUR TOP PRIORITY RIGHT NOW IS 2021 and getting quality players to the club. There are no excuses it just needs to happen.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum