Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member Elected Board Member

+4
TAAARS
aldo russian
Lachlan
bruce cameron
8 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Member Elected Board Member - Page 2 Empty Re: Member Elected Board Member

Post by bruce cameron Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:01 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:Still no place to discuss the election on Facebook, even though more recent posts have been put up.

I don't understand why not?

(Nowhere to discuss the financial results, either)  Crying or Very sad

The profiles are now up on Facebook for comment for those who wish to do so.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:05 pm

Thanks mate.

Also seen this note on official website "2019 Finacial Report" page that I did not notice?? before.

We are aiming to release the full annual report to members next week. We appreciate your patience.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:19 pm

Must say the annual report is late every year has been for a long time
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:43 pm

Hasn't been this late that I can remember.

Has never come out in 2 separate issues, financial and reports.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:48 am

I notice that according to the last Annual Report, I am the Club Returning Officer, carrying on from the last major election we had some years ago..

I've heard nothing from the club, but am presuming I'm no longer the Club Returning Officer  Very Happy cheers
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:06 pm

The Annual Report is still not out and I've heard from people that they can't vote online due to 'error'.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:23 pm

Reference "I've heard from people that they can't vote online due to 'error'" I noted this the other day(Friday?) and reported it to the club.

The work around I found was to select (left mouse button held down) ----- then select by hovering mouse pointer over selected text ---- then clicking right clicking mouse then select copy from options ----- then paste into email "TO" line.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:02 pm

I'm still waiting for a call back from over a week ago. It's a well-oiled machine in there.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:13 pm

It's a pity.

Reduced services

Reduced hours

Reduced kitchen operations

Reduced communication

Reduced profits.

Let's hope things improve.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:39 am

This election will be a test of whether the members still have a say in the running of the club, or whether it's a waste of time for a member to stand for election or not.

A member standing against a current appointed Board Member is up against it, IMO.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:29 pm

I (and I presume all members) have just received another message from the candidates.

I thought each candidate put up a profile, which we've seen, and then there's a vote. I don't think I've ever seen another club email message from candidates to all members, especially after voting has already started and many have voted.

What's going on? Who decided on this or asked for it to be done?

Still no Annual Report or explanation why not.

I worry for the members of the club.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:41 pm

I have just received email from the Club with a reminder to vote and updated messages from the two Candidates.

My previous statement identified my voting intentions (I have now voted for Bruce Cameron) and those thought are unchanged with these latest messages not changing my opinion.

One Candidate is a long term Financial Member and supporter whilst the other candidate has only been a Financial Member for less than a year and gives no indication or ever supporting West Adelaide Football Club. Remembering this is for the Member elected Board Member to represent the Members.

I feel it is important that all Member read both Candidates latest messages and to also view this link provided by Bruce
https://insights.diligent.com/corporate-governance/the-importance-of-diversity-for-good-governance

Good luck to both Candidates and given how they are both highly qualified it is my deepest wish that the unsuccessful Candidate be given an opportunity by the Club to serve on a Committee so the value and knowledge is not lost

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:51 pm

Again, I haven't received this email, and I haven't received a call back from a week ago to try to sort out why I'm not receiving them. It's incredibly frustrating. Especially when there's no other number on the website to contact.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:59 pm

Are you a Full member, aldo?

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:20 pm

About as full as you can be Lee.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:34 pm

It's poor if any member is ignored, but if they're ignoring Gold Pass or similar members, then the membership Director has her work cut out.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:47 pm

aldo russian wrote:Again, I haven't received this email, and I haven't received a call back from a week ago to try to sort out why I'm not receiving them. It's incredibly frustrating. Especially when there's no other number on the website to contact.

See my PM Aldo

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:50 pm

aldo russian wrote:Again, I haven't received this email, and I haven't received a call back from a week ago to try to sort out why I'm not receiving them. It's incredibly frustrating. Especially when there's no other number on the website to contact.

Not trying to be a smart arse but why not post this on the Official Club Website then there can be no mistakes Aldo.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:45 am

I went to the volunteers' night last night, probably for the 31st time. Had lovely chats with Bob Loveday, Jack Pannenburg, Nick Karasoulas and many volunteers, yet felt like a stranger with most of the Board Members.

Murray Forbes did the usual about how volunteers are appreciated, then had to leave immediately.

Best bit was Gavin talking about footy.

As for the election, the question will be whether the lobbying from those around power for a 6 month non-West Adelaide supporter will be too much for a 50 year passionate and capable member?

I really worry about the attitude the club now has for its long serving people.

I worry that they've lost sight of the reasons for being in charge of a football club and some are only concerned about power and their CVs.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:33 pm

This is what can and often does happen when you have appointed boards. The members wishes become irrelevant. Don't want to harp on but at that fateful meeting over a year ago I along with a couple of others spoke out against it.  We were overwhelmingly out voted by a small number of members that even bothered to turn up.If Westies board lose sight of what a footy club is all about as you fear I for one will find something else to do with my Saturdays. If that happens then it will be I told you so.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:50 pm

TAAARS, I absolutely agree with you. If you knew more about the proxy voting results for that meeting, you would be more than surprised or angry.

Those details haven't come out and that's probably best, for the good of the club, but it would be very disappointing if the same people did the same thing this time as well.

If there is any hint of it, I think a request to the Governance Committee for an investigation might be in order.

In saying that, I have complete confidence in the Returning Officer to ensure its integrity.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Coolie Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:55 pm

Have received acknowledgement of my vote for cameron. Who are the independent scrutineers. Does anyone know.
Coolie

Number of posts : 64

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:04 pm

Well I have mailed my vote in because I have no confidence that an email would even get read going on past inquiries about membership etc. At least a slip of paper should not get lost hopefully?
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Coolie wrote:Have received acknowledgement of my vote for cameron. Who are the independent scrutineers. Does anyone know.

I do not know if there is independent scrutineers.

My understanding from the Constitution is that the individual candidates cam request independent scrutineers but do not know if either has done so.

Personally, if I was either Candidate I would have an independent scrutineer/s

20.4.7.13 each candidate for election may appoint a scrutineer or scrutineers to attend the counting of votes provided that not more than one scrutineer for each candidate is present in the counting room at any one time.

Last edited by Oldfella on Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:12 pm

TAAARS wrote:Well I have mailed my vote in because I have no confidence that an email would even get read going on past inquiries about membership etc. At least a slip of paper should not get lost hopefully?

Unless registered mail then mail can be lost --- I have had a letter from a business get lost in the mail system in the last month LOL

I can confirm that when one votes via email then the Club responds advising that the vote has been received.

My own vote response example

Dear Tom,
Thank you for voting in the WAFC Board Election. Your vote has been recorded.
Kind regards,
West Adelaide Football Club

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next