Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colville Extends

+3
Lee Harradine
mikeme
Oldfella
7 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Colville Extends Empty Colville Extends

Post by Oldfella Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:54 pm

Now this is the type of news that is great to hear --- this guy is a good coach all we have to do now is give him the players he needs!

https://westadelaidefc.com.au/news/colville-commits/

The West Adelaide Football Club are pleased to announce Gavin Colville has extended his contract for a further two years, which will see him remain the Bloods senior coach until at least the end of 2021.

Colville joined the Bloods as our reserves coach in 2016 after coaching in the Division 1 Amateur Football League with Henley Sharks.

He took the reigns as senior coach ahead of the 2018 season, leading Westies to more wins in 2018 that the previous two years combined.

Colville said he’s thrilled to have put pen to paper and is looking forward to continuing the journey at West Adelaide.

“The job of the senior coach is a huge commitment and I am proud to continue with West Adelaide. I’m really pleased that the club has the faith in me to continue and that I have the support of my family to continue.”

West Adelaide CEO Ben Hopkins says it’s exciting to have Colville secured for the next two years.

“Gavin is an unbelievable leader and an asset to our Club. We’re really excited that he’s going to be continuing as senior coach for the next two years.” Hopkins said

“Gavin is a brilliant tactician and has incredibly strong relationships with our players. We see a lot of potential in our current group and look forward to seeing Gavin and his coaching team bring our their best over season 2020 and 2021.”

Our last game of the season is this Friday night at City Mazda Stadium against Norwood Football Club.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Colville Extends Empty Re: Colville Extends

Post by mikeme Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:15 pm

My Congrats to Gavin and the board for making this happen prior to the end of the season.

This shows that Gavin has faith in what we have and also that he knows what is on the table during our "trade period".
Clearly the current team will all be asking themselves - am I good enough, will Gavin want me, will my team mate be there next year, all the uncertainty that comes with finishing virtually bottom of the table.
But the good thing is we can start pre-season Saturday morning before any other team (not by choice) so we can get an edge on the opposition for next year.
Remember in March this year we were all optimistic about the year ahead....6 months on put the past behind us and get ready to get excited again.

GO THE BLOODS
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:20 pm

Very happy that Gavin has recommitted for another two years. It's now up to the club, the SANFL and all supporters to give him the resources he needs to compete on an equal footing.

Great appointment.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:56 pm

It’s good news that Gavin has been reappointed. It’s now imperative the board meets with the SANFL to have a full Salary Cap At Gavin’s disposal next year.
It’s also vital that the Football Director and his Recruiting Committee Recruit quality players for next year.
Recruiting now becomes so Critical for 2020, we just have to deliver in this area.
I think we have some promising juniors coming through and for their development they need more quality SANFL players joining the club next year.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Absolutely, good news. Gavin must be optimistic about the next two years, otherwise he wouldn't have signed on. Hopefully, he has received some good news re salary cap and/or players. The appointment coming before season's end is encouraging. With the right additions to the current playing group, many of our current squad might just look a lot better. Several times this year we were told that all clubs have to deal with injuries, but surely we must have lead the pack in this area. Factor in the draft and a couple of walk outs then maybe the results weren't that surprising. Maintaining morale can't have been easy. Full credit to the coach.
Go the Bloods in 2020
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfman Jack Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Fabulous news, hopefully the appointment is as a full time coach.
The Club now needs to support Gavin by recruiting some big bodied players to support our “mosquito fleet”.
Wolfman Jack
Wolfman Jack

Number of posts : 107
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Great News. #INGAVWETRUST

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 667

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:54 am

All aboard the Coletrain
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down