Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round 11 West v South

+3
aldo russian
bundy
Thiele
7 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Round 11 West v South Empty Round 11 West v South

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:24 pm

Sunday June 30
West Adelaide v South Adelaide | City Mazda Stadium | 2:10pm
Live broadcast on 1079 Life FM
Live stream via Digital Pass sanfldigitalpass.com.au
Live radio/scores/stats on the SANFL App | Live scores/stats at sanfl.com.au
WEST
West Adelaide has rushed back premiership captain Chris Schmidt for its contest against South Adelaide on Sunday.
Schmidt, who hasn’t played since Round 6 due to a knee injury, has been named on a five-man extended interchange bench together with fellow inclusion Dallas Willsmore.
Exciting goalsneaks Gibson Turner and Ken Karpany have returned to the starting 18 after being named inside the Bloods’ attacking 50m arc.
Tall utility Chol Majok was sent back to the Reserves while journeyman Nigel Osborn couldn’t be considered due to work commitments.
League
F: G. Turner, Beech, Wasley-Black
HF: Karpany, Hupfeld, Anderson
C: Batley, P. Fairlie, Waite
HB: J. Evans, Keough, Levicki
B: Hill, Ryan, Dunkin

R: Parrella, H. Haysman, K. Stevens
INT: Willsmore, B. Turner, Schmidt, Pillion, Kirk
IN: Karpany, Schmidt, Willsmore, G. Turner
OUT: Osborn (work), Majok
Reserves
Agostino, Cleeland, R. Stevens, Inglis, Gallaway, Lynch, Wooldridge, L. Evans, Majok, Caruso, S. Bentley, Laube, Noonan, Morrish, Gutsche, C. Fairlie, May, Nield, Moore, J. Bentley, G. Haysman.
Under-18
Pearce, Kelsh, O’Connor-Dawkins, Brauer, Westley, Stakic, Kelly, Gibson, Fielke, Sherlock, Morelli, Van den Berg, Nunan, Chamberlain, Nield, Laudato, Gilbert, De Cesare, Henty-Smith, Groom, Pederick, Bock, Sinderberry, Forbes, Smith, Boughen, Boylan.
SOUTH
South Adelaide is set to start veteran utility Alex Cailotto in defence against West on Sunday.
Cailotto, who was a revelation in the ruck against Norwood in Round 9, missed the Panthers’ win against Glenelg with a calf injury.
The 27-year-old has been named at centre-half back with exciting Reynella prospect Cam McGree to start in the ruck.
Dashing half-back Emmanuel Irra has also been included in the 23-man squad, with the former Power rookie named on a five-man extended interchange bench.
Irra, who had 22 disposals in the Reserves in Round 10, hasn’t played at League level since Round 6 while recovering from a quad strain.
League
F: Emery, Davis, Biemans
HF: Noble, Overall, Fitt
C: Sampson, Cross, Karpany
HB: Haines, Cailotto, Brown
B: Rose, Crabb, Summerton

R: McGree, Heaslip, Liddle
INT: Whittlesea, Schwarz, Irra, Loneragan, Bogle
IN: Irra, Cailotto
Reserves
Badger, Baker, Beenham, Coleman, Colwell, Davies, Elmes, Hoey, Juckers, Kappler, Kennedy, Lovering, Makoi, McKinnon, Milsom, Moffa, Snelling, Tucker, Whitbread, Wilkinson.
Under-18
F: Riddle, Ryan, Fitzgerald
HF: Oliver, Kernahan, Nye
C: Pope, Clifton, Coulthard
HB: Spacie, Douglass, Copley
B: Dumesny, Hindes, Kraemer
R: Williams, Lippett, Hamilton
INT: Brown, Strapps, Rogers, Rice, Inthavong, Sweetman, Little

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 667

Back to top Go down

Round 11 West v South Empty Re: Round 11 West v South

Post by bundy Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:34 pm

Is mason Middleton MIA or injured ?????
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:51 pm

I really hope that all the new committee were at the game today to see how the teams lack of skill we put on the ground weak after weak is affecting all. The body language of some of the players is very obvious. To them it must be same s*** different game.I will continue my membership hoping that things change.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:41 pm

Deplorable. I think the last time the team looked this bad was under Wayne Weideman.
Ryan blanketed Overall, Logan Hill and Keough worked really hard, though their poor disposal hurt us frequently, Dunkin did some good things but not much beyond that. Some players have surely had enough chances.

I wonder how the Board expects us to improve next year. We are in a desperate state in terms of quality League footballers and serious, sustained steps need to be taken right now to do something about it.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:26 pm

We looked good for the first 15 minutes but that was it.
Are our Board members actually watching the game or just talking amongst themselves whilst eating wine and cheese in their private area at the southern end of the ground😳
Unless we have a full salary cap next year and get some good recruits, we may as well close the doors.
Port at Alberton next week 😂
What a joke!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 782

Back to top Go down

Post by bruce cameron Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:42 pm

aldo russian wrote:Deplorable. I think the last time the team looked this bad was under Wayne Weideman.
Ryan blanketed Overall, Logan Hill and Keough worked really hard, though their poor disposal hurt us frequently, Dunkin did some good things but not much beyond that. Some players have surely had enough chances.

I wonder how the Board expects us to improve next year. We are in a desperate state in terms of quality League footballers and serious, sustained steps need to be taken right now to do something about it.

Yep, the improvement of Ryan is one of the few positives to come out of this year.  Our situation is much like global warming - the sins/negligence of the past is now being felt. Even if we take steps immediately, the results won't kick in  for some time.  Our financial and on field performances are equally important. It would seem pointless to generate income from sponsors and cut overheads if we start to lose income from lack of interest by members and supporters. Surely this will be counterproductive if we cannot become competitive. Members and supporters will eventually lose their passion for the club and start to drop off. We have a smallish supporter base and cannot afford to lose any members, nor the money which gets spent  in the club. We have now had four pitiful years since 2015.  At the very least supporters need to be given some hope that success might be a possibility.  The board needs to be proactive in this area. Questions have been asked on this forum and the board owes it to the supporters to answer them. Are we one or not? Even the most loyal supporters will begin to wonder why they bother. Please remember we are football club supporters and roll up each week to support our team's on field performance. Aldo said it perfectly,'Serious, sustained steps' need to be implemented now. Another four years like the previous four and we may not have a club.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:04 am

I agree with the other posters, we simply are uncompetitive.
We don’t have enough quality league players at SANFL Level.
Even when we had a full list available we only won one game against the Eagles who were struggling at the time.

Whoever coaches us next year must be given a full salary cap, why would any coach want to coach a club that doesn’t have this available to them. I’m sure Colville would agree with my comments.

It’s been proven that we haven’t been competitive for the past 4 years. Surely as a club the first thing you would need to do is ensure we have a full salary cap for next year. At the very least it will give the coach,supporters,members,sponsors some hope for 2020.

If we keep doing the same thing on the football side of the business we will keep getting the same result.

Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:30 am

The Reserves won and sit up the top of the ladder or thereabouts. They seem to have a preponderance of smaller utility players, but they combine well and keep winning. Good to see Jack Agostino back and playing well. I think you can sleep in a bit longer next week, Ago. Sam May continues to develop, Kyle Kirk keeps getting better and I liked Lachie Evans much more as a forward than a defender. I also like the look of Zac Wooldridge. Tom Morrish is one of the best kicks for goal we have and I hope he perseveres.

To the main game and we dominated the first quarter and lost the game in that same quarter. 18 inside 50’s for 2.2 was never going to be sufficient reward for effort. The second quarter was a complete turnaround, as we barely gave a yelp. The defence worked overtime and well, but we had no supply at all. Patrick Fairlie going off early in the first quarter restricted us against one of the best midfields in the league.

The last half went according to script, we battled it out without ever looking like winning. I thought Patrick Levicki was good and gave us some rebound and long kicking, Josh Ryan didn’t give Overall much of a sniff and Elliot Dunkin was consistent. Logan Hill suffered a head knock, but continued to play well, while Dallas Willsmore racked up possessions and generally delivered well. Tom Keough battled hard, but appeared to suffer a leg injury early. Our skill errors and decision making let us down at vital times. Our discipline also et us down once or twice.

I don’t know what the crowd figure was, but it didn’t seem to exceed a thousand.

As I have said for the last 2 or 3 years, the lack of a full salary cap is biting hard and I wish the Board well with their representations to the SANFL to overturn this harmful restriction. The fact that we also have to deduct net transfer fees from our salary cap allowance is highly unfair and as other posters are saying, will lead to supporters dropping off.

Next week, with a restricted salary cap and having lost our two best players in the mid-season draft for no compensation, we play a virtual AFL team at Alberton. I’ll be there, still hoping for a win, but just as much to show support.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down