Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid season draft protest - LEVEL OF INTEREST

2 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Mid season draft protest - LEVEL OF INTEREST Empty Mid season draft protest - LEVEL OF INTEREST

Post by bruce cameron Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:08 am

I recently suggested (under 'Snelling') that we as supporters should make our objections to the mid season draft known via a public protest. All that you would be required to do is make your way out onto the oval at one of the shorter breaks in order to help get the message across. We as supporters are entitled to be on the oval for 'a kick and a catch' and as long as we stay out of the centre square there shouldn't be any issues. When the siren sounds to clear the field in readiness for the commencement of play, we leave the oval in an orderly manner. This action would support the petition which has already been posted.
The purpose of this post is to find out if supporters think this is a good idea and if so whether they are willing to participate. Our game against South on June 30th has been suggested as a suitable occasion. (see below) If the response to this idea is enthusiastic, we could contact South Adelaide and seek their participation as well. If this is successful, then other clubs might also consider doing something similar.

The South game is almost 4 weeks away, so there should be enough time to organise this. It might even be fun.

Please post a response indicating whether or not you would participate and please offer any suggestions.

bruce cameron wrote:
.... how about this. All supporters have access to the oval at 1/4 and 3/4 time. The 8 clubs organise for their supporters to occupy the ground at one of these breaks and make their opposition to the mid season draft known. Banners and chants would help get the message across. Other grievances could also be highlighted. The media is tipped off and coverage is aired, hopefully on the national networks.

Good idea.

bruce cameron wrote:
My idea might be fanciful, ....

No, it isn't.

But may I suggest a less ambitious organisation with just us at our home game, with encouragement to other clubs to do the same throughout the season. Also, I'd like to suggest that this action not take place next week against Adelaide, as they have no supporters. What about vs South June 30? South are also directly involved having lost their ruckman.
Perhaps another, minor alteration, having just 1 quarter break targeted; 1/4 or 3/4.

And yet another: start a separate thread for this (Luke09)

bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Mid season draft protest - LEVEL OF INTEREST Empty Re: Mid season draft protest - LEVEL OF INTEREST

Post by The Axis Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:35 am

I’ll support this initiative.
The Axis
The Axis

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum