Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Mid-Season AFL Draft

+3
bundy
bruce cameron
LukeO9
7 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

No Mid-Season AFL Draft Empty No Mid-Season AFL Draft

Post by LukeO9 Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:11 pm

LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

No Mid-Season AFL Draft Empty Re: No Mid-Season AFL Draft

Post by bruce cameron Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:02 pm

LukeO9 wrote:A petition has been launched:

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/no-mid-season-afl-draft

Just signed this petition, however I believe further action is required to get the message across, not only about the mid-season draft, but also the AFL reserves situation. The media need to cover an event which highlights the issues. A 100% involvement in a 'kick and a catch' event would do it, I think. Please see a previous post under the subject 'Snelling' for my thoughts. I would like to know if posters think it is a stupid idea and if so Why? If all 8 clubs participated surely it would strengthen any petition sent to the AFL. Supporters from two competing clubs are already at the ground, they go out for a 'kick and a catch' at 3/4 time. When the siren sounds to leave the field, supporters do so in an orderly manner. The final quarter would probably be slightly delayed, giving the media in attendance the opportunity to interview and film the few protesters who are carrying banners. This is replicated at the other grounds, nothing illegal is being done and would also serve to highlight that the local state league is still patronised by passionate supporters who care about grassroots football and whose grievances should be acknowledged.
bruce cameron
bruce cameron

Number of posts : 379
Job/hobbies : Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:24 pm

Done
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:24 pm

Listen to Mick Warner blast the AFL on 3AW ... He’s spot on and please click the share button at the top right hand corner to help get it out there.

firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:07 am

I think it's a very good idea bruce.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:35 am

I have no issues with supporters posting their anger, hurt and thoughts on this site so that the board has effective feedback.

I am concerned that this fan site is one of the few (against SANFL desires) that is supported by an SANFL club and linked on the official club website --- if we plan action on this site over this issue then it is entirely possible that the club (driven by SANFL ??) will revoke their approval.

Further, as posted elsewhere on this site ----- Only issue i have is that if the SANFL gets wind of this will they will overnight ban supporters on the field at the breaks in play ---- i remember the "No AFL in the SANFL" campaign how quickly they banned and removed signs that supporters where holding up at the game.

So by all means please post your feelings and thoughts but lets not throw out the baby with the bath water as we are dealing with people external to the club who can be thin skinned.

So it is clear i support any action by the club to END the ill conceived stupid SANFL Salary Cap restrictions and strongly support any action by the club to get the SANFL to provide assistance (Via short term increased salary cap or no condition free $$$$$ grant) to all clubs affected by the AWFUL (AFL) mid season draft.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:09 am

The petition is getting some decent numbers already.
Please post the petition's link (below) on you facebook page etc. and ask your friends to share it.

LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:53 am

LukeO9 wrote:The petition is getting some decent numbers already.
Please post the petition's link (below) on you facebook page etc. and ask your friends to share it.

signed and shared

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeme Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:47 am

The peaceful protest can do NO HARM. West Adelaide have 2 matches televised coming up soon that would be the ideal time to let everyone know that we are not happy with the way things are evolving for the game and our great club.
mikeme
mikeme

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down