Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December 2018 SGM - Changes to Constitution

3 posters

:: FORUM :: ANNOUNCEMENTS

Go down

December 2018 SGM - Changes to Constitution  Empty December 2018 SGM - Changes to Constitution

Post by Bill Clinton Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:30 pm

The WAFC needs your help to make the changes needed for our club to survive and strengthen for many years to come.

We need to spread the load so we can attract good young professional West Adelaide Club Members to the board to improve our skill base that is required to run our club. It is important that we spread the load over more members to be part of the running of the day to day operations with the confidence of clear direction.

As you all know the club has been struggling financially for many years and we as members need to consider the clubs direction and viability.

It is important that we have a strong, capable, dedicated board with the skills base to lead us through the next few years but also for the future of our wonderful club.

I think that is very important that all members get to understand the changes to constitution being put forward by the board on the 17th of December 2018 Special General Meeting.  

The club has gone through many changes in the past 10 years but continues to struggle financially. That is why we need to fine a way to attract capable young professional people to help guide the club. If we can create an environment that provides an opportunity for these young professionals with clear commitment guide lines that understands the pressures of today's society and family pressure.

Having in place a capable dedicated board providing that critical direction to the club provides more opportunity for members to be more involved with the day to day operations and that all important passion for the club.    

My current understanding is that the board want to have right to elect key roles in the club so that we can attract quality capable skills based personal to guide the club going forward.

WAFC football club needs skills based board members for our key roles in the club to provide the strength of leadership and guidance moving forward.

Please attend the SGM and have your say, vote yes for the changes.
Bill Clinton
Bill Clinton

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

December 2018 SGM - Changes to Constitution  Empty Re: December 2018 SGM - Changes to Constitution

Post by Oldfella Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:44 pm

Mate there is an existing thread for this so you may wish to move it to there

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

December 2018 SGM - Changes to Constitution  Empty Re: December 2018 SGM - Changes to Constitution

Post by Oldfella Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:47 pm

I have witnessed the farce at the Adelaide Football Club where control is with appoint persons not  with the members.

As a life member i will not support any proposal that takes control of the club from the members to appointed person not necessarily member .

I do not care how many or how few is on the board but will not support any proposal or model  that has fewer member elected board members votes than appointed votes

An amendment should/shall? Be moved to reverse the proposed  numbers in dot point 2.3 and 2.4 to 5 member appointed and 2 nomination committee appointments and/or a  clear statement that at all times member appointed board member must comprise a minimun of 60%.

I will not support the different terms of office contained within dot points 2.4 and 2.5 and will move for amendment that all serve a maximun of 2 years then must be reelected or nominated similarly an appointed board member will have to retire after the same time period as the members appointed board members eg 4 terms of 2 years

Whilst i have no objections to the proposed initial members of the nomination committee as they are all quality men i have the greatest objection to these persons having any vote or part within the board structure as this directly effect the balance away from members elected board members

GIVEN MY STRONG OBJECTIONS TO THIS ATTEMPT TO TAKE POWER AWAY FROM MEMBER I WILL VOTE AGAINST ALL AMENDMENT PROPOSED AND CALL ON ALL MEMBERS TO GIVE DEEPEST CONSIDERATION TO DOING THE SAME

I have two question and that is what golden carrot or potential withholding of rights or cash or other penalties has the SANFL has inferred may be placed on the the club if it is not accepted by the members.

Second question or request is to be provided with the process under the existing constitution to move an amendment to these proposed changes in line with the above.

More than happy for any member of the board or management team to ring me on my mobile to discuss and try to change my mind --- perhaps even try and explain how taking control from members is in the best interest of the club.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Bill, you don't need to make these radical constitutional changes to get 'quality people' onto the Board; and secondly, these changes don't guarantee that result anyway.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Clinton Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Aldo , I don't see the changes to be radical just sensible moving with the times and you are right there are no guarantees in this world but we currently cannot attract the right caliber of members to be on the board in its current make up. So we need to look at change to achieve our goals to be successful football club.
Bill Clinton
Bill Clinton

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:19 pm

Bill clinton,

I respect and will fight for your right to express your views but equally i will do the same for myself or others that have different vie2ws ---- at all times over my long service to the club i have placed the club first but remember the club is and has allways beeen about the members first.

All you talk about can be done within the existing constitution including creating targetted subcommittees which members can be appointed too including young professionals. If you think its all about young professional i suggest you read comment in main thread on this subject for education or have you a vested interest

THIS PROPOSAL IS A THINLY DISGUSED TAKE OVER OF THE CLUB AT THE EXPENSE OF MEMBER HAVING ANY CONTROL OF THE CLUB NOTHING MORE

To say it facilitates the introduction of young professionals i feel is misleading and selective  ----  The truth of the proposal is as follows

Board of 7 with 5 being appointed by selection committee and 2 being elected by members ---- clear members have no control.

Neither of the two board members elected by the members can be appointed president or vice president --- members have no control

The selection committee is not elected by members rather appointed by the board dominated by non member elected officials.

look at the crows members and how they have no say in the running of the club --- do you realy want that ---- how will finaces look when members become pissed of and leave the club

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down