Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1976 Elimination Final v. Norwood Highlights

5 posters

Go down

1976 Elimination Final v. Norwood Highlights Empty 1976 Elimination Final v. Norwood Highlights

Post by aldo russian Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Some great highlights from this game, especially some of the work by Buckley, Meuret and Grimwood. It was our first final for 7 years and my memory is that we led at quarter time 7.6 to 3.4 and then went defensive for the rest of the game and got run over.

http://southfremantle.com/articles/view/Norwood%2Bv%2BWest%2BAdelaide%2B1976%2BElim.%2BFinal/176
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1354

Back to top Go down

1976 Elimination Final v. Norwood Highlights Empty Re: 1976 Elimination Final v. Norwood Highlights

Post by Coorong Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:58 am

Was that the game Balme took out Dexter with I right arm from behind and then went into him when he fell knee's first into his kidneys? was a mongrel act and took out a key player
Coorong
Coorong

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

1976 Elimination Final v. Norwood Highlights Empty Re: 1976 Elimination Final v. Norwood Highlights

Post by aldo russian Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:54 am

No Coorong, that was the 1981 Elimination Final.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1354

Back to top Go down

Post by mr o Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi there, I would like to have a look at the elimination high lights from 1976, how do I do this, is there an easy way to look at it, cheers
mr o
mr o

Number of posts : 26
Job/hobbies : kiln operator/music

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:08 pm

mr o wrote:Hi there, I would like to have a look at the elimination high lights from 1976, how do I do this, is there an easy way to look at it, cheers
This is all i could find Mr O  10 minutes worth...same as Aldo Russion's link above.

firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by mr o Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Thanks fb, cheers
mr o
mr o

Back to top Go down

Post by mr o Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:36 pm

That period of the mid to late seventies under foster Williams is still one of my favourite times following westies, we didn't have much succsess in finals, but we played a hard brand of football, some of the names in that game, Grimwood, Hayes, Stevenson, Donaldson, the list goes on, Great stuff
mr o
mr o

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:46 pm

WAS AT THE FIRST GAME WE PLAYED V pa HEAPS OF FIGHTS ESP 1ST QUARTER FF NORTHERN END ADELAIDE OVAL WHERE RAY HAYES WAS HANGING AROUND HAD A BIRDS EYE VIEW,SOME GREAT PUNCHES LANDED,BY RAY OF COURSE
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down