Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West vs Norwood Sunday July 2nd

+13
LukeO9
blackandred
Lachlan
Lee Harradine
TAAARS
nigelfab
RODH2
Thiele
Oldfella
merrick1
aldo russian
Wolf Pack
brodlach
17 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

West vs Norwood Sunday July 2nd Empty West vs Norwood Sunday July 2nd

Post by brodlach Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Well I started a thread last week for the first time and we won, hopefully starting a tradition Laughing

Two in a row, could we?
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

West vs Norwood Sunday July 2nd Empty Re: West vs Norwood Sunday July 2nd

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Was great to finally get a win, however Norwood at home is a much tougher challenge.
Don't expect to really challenge them.
We couldn't beat them when we were travelling well at the Parade!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 782

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:11 am

I hope the confidence from winning gives us a lift but, looking at the draw, it's conceivable we won't win again this year.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick1 Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Every time we play them at norward they attack down the scour board side of the ground stop that and we are in with a chance go Bloods.
merrick1
merrick1

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:31 am

Life is a strange thing -- even though we have a poor record at norwood i honestly have rarely gone to that oval without confidence that we could win (sadly unfulfilled).

Again for no specific reason i can give ibelieve we can win this weekend

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Stuff the state u/18 games

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Their side looks very strong on paper. I fear the worst.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:28 pm

WEST
Emerging utility Mason Middleton is set to return from injury against Norwood on Sunday.
A late withdrawal from the Bloods side which won its first game of the season against North last Saturday, Middleton has recovered from his back complaint.
The Riverland product has been joined in the Bloods’ 23-man squad by goalsneak John Noble and midfielder Oliver Johnson, who continues to build strong form in the Reserves with 26 disposals in his last outing.
Exciting talent Izak Rankine is the only certain omission due to his involvement with the McDonald’s SA Under-18 team in Victoria across the next week.
League
F: Fielke, Watchman, Green
HF: Turner, Middleton, Karpany
C: Batley, K. Stevens, Haysman
HB: Agostino, Burgess, Hill
B: Caire, Keough, Wasley-Black

R: McPherson, Schiller, Schmidt
INT: Pillion, O. Johnson, J. Noble, Bates, Favretto
IN: Middleton, O. Johnson, J. Noble
OUT: Rankine (McDonald’s SA U18)
Reserves
Silverlock, Waite, Head, Carger, J. Evans, L. Ryan, Iannucci, Heitmann, I. Johnson, Inglis, Majok, Holliday, Vassallo, Halkias, Male, Fairlie, J. Ryan, J. Stevens, Lynch, Crump, L. Evans.
Under-18
Nunan, Eichner, Gutsche, May, Baker, Walton, Inglis, Boots, Jones, Gibson, Wright, Thilthorpe, Hay, Laube, Rugari, Gulliford, Patterson, Stidiford, Rana, Woolridge, Westley, Satanek, Dunkin, Hannagan.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 667

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:47 pm

Norwood's strongest lineup for the year.
We will cop a hiding at the Parade.
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:41 pm

I love beating those bastards!!!!
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:42 pm

WHAT about that !!! Go you Bloody Beauties. West Adelaide!! Very Happy
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 363

Back to top Go down

Post by nigelfab Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Me too...bloody fantastic.
nigelfab
nigelfab

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:47 pm

Egg on my face!!!
Would never have picked that.
Well done Bloods, great to win at the Parade!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:56 pm

BLOODY FANTASTIC! Im sitting in bed at 8am in Liverpool Uk with my tablet in hand monitoring the score and watching our lead disappearing in the last qtr hoping we can hang on. Thank god we did.I might have to stay here as we have won two games since I've been over here😨.Go the bloods!
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:13 pm

Taars mate please do the right thing as a supporter -- please stay overseas until the season ends loll

Great win but i made the mistake of listenning to game on sanfl radio and god if i had a heart condition i would have been dead due to stress,

Pleasing to see reserves also won young gavin colvill is doing a good job with those future league players

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:26 pm

Yes Oldfella, I might have to set up a crowd funding site ......Keep TAAARS away or something simular lol
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:17 pm

Very proud of the group today. We saw a spirited and committed team chase everything and put continuous pressure on Norwood.

I thought Logan Hill was superb, but he had enty of mates. I think we've got a good ruckman in Tyler McPherson and several developing younger players.

Several older players hadn't had a win at Norwood before.

Pretty rare for both League and Reserves to win at the Parade.

If we could kick straight...................
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:55 pm

An outstanding victory today against the odds.
We were undermanned in the height dept today, however we found away to win
which was very pleasing. We were the better team all day. It was total team effort.

Logan Hill was outstanding,he had his best game for the club, he is very underrated
and never plays a bad game.
Nathan Batley had another good game and he certainly has been a solid contributor all year.
John Noble is a kid that gets better every time he plays league footy, he is a good decision maker and he has a fearless attitude. He could be a 10 year player for us.
Middleton was also very good,and he will only get better if we can sign a key forward next year. His marking is elite.
Brett Turner is another young lad with great ability, he has played all year on a half forward flank and done very well. I would like to see him get some time in the midfield before the end of the year. Hopefully he can build his fitness level next year so he can play more in the midfield.

McPherson did some good things in the ruck against the best Ruckman in the competition.
He will get better also once we sign an experienced ruckman next year.

A Great win bloods. Let's Hope we can match it with the Eagles next weekend.

Last edited by Lachlan on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:56 pm

In a great day for the club Westies won both the Ressies and the main event out at the Parade today in almost perfect footy conditions.

The Ressies won 7.13 to 6.13 and the seniors won 14.15 to 14.11.

Palpitations in the last Q but very special to beat them on their own paddock, first time in 8 years.

The main game was an error-riddled affair – we made a few less mistakes than the Legs. Going into the last Q we held a 16pt lead and we quickly added to that with a couple of goals early. We then tired and fell into error letting Norwood back into the game but we retained our sense of desperation and some tremendous smothers in the dying minutes deep in the Norwood forward zone with just a straight kick the difference between winning and losing, saw us over the line in a wonderful victory for the team.

In the end, justice was served, as we were probably the better team all day. Our attack on the ball and body was unrelenting and through this we forced the, normally smooth Redlegs, into error and a sideways form of footy which often brought them undone.

Again, our more junior players stepped up. Karpany was excellent early and one particular contest where he outmarked 200cm Baulderstone, was brilliant. Agostino played his best game for the club. He probably wants to forget his backward kick late in the game which resulted in a Norwood goal but, overall, his performance was terrific. Pillion adds something to our forward line and has kicked 2 goals in each of the last 2 (winning) games. 21yo Tyler McPherson had 18 HOs and was well beaten on the day by the huge Baulderstone (42 HOs) but he gets better each week. Zac Bates is capable of some exceptionally good footy but can also lapse into the ordinary zone on occasions. We are a better team with Middleton up forward but as great a mark he is his kicking remains less than average. He was sent to the backline in the frantic last Q. Today he took 8 contested marks and kicked 2.2 – one day he will have a blinder. Logan Hill and Daniel Caire were wonderful all day, breaking through packs and driving us forward. Batley brilliant early, recruit of the year for mine. Burgess took some telling marks under pressure. He stood the dangerous Lewis Johnstone and kept him to a single goal. Noble was busy and picked up terrific disposals both back and forward.

And with 27 frees to their 16 we even had the best of the umpiring – a lot of this down to Norwood’s frustration.

A day of the underdog. Bottom placed AFL team Brisbane, Jeff Horn won the boxing and the might Bloods had their best win since the 2015 Grand Final.

Bring on the Eagles!
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:02 pm

So proud of the Boys with there courage in the dying few minutes. Said to some people at half time thought we were on top them but the scoreboard didn't show it. UI swear the bench acted as if we won the Grand Final

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 667

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:06 pm

Favorable umpiring at the Parade? Unheard-of.
There is nothing that disgusts Norwood supporters more than a legitimate free kick awarded to their opposition.

LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:44 pm

The spirit of the playing group is remarkable given the year we've had. Our chasing and harassing is very good, although I do think we still aren't fit enough to do it for four quarters. And I think our tackling is soft at times. But we are a pretty quick side and I think that worried Norwood all day.

I thought Hill was fantastic and bobbed up all over the ground. Batley was again terrific, Caire is in very good form and should be encouraged to go around again next year. His save in defence in the 3rd quarter was sensational. I thought that was Noble's best game for us, he put himself in the game a lot more and was generally effective, apart from a couple of turnovers.

We have several players who would become very good League players if they can learn to kick. At least half a dozen need to be put through some sort of clinic - it would make a massive difference to the club's fortunes.

I'd reckon that's the first time we've beaten Norwood out there while being bottom of the ladder. At the end of 2015 we said we wanted to go back-to-back, and today we finally have.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by redstripe Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Congratulations to all in boys in the Ressies and League teams for the great wins over Norwood today - I wish I had been able to attend it would have been delicious to see!
redstripe
redstripe

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by redstripe Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:18 pm

Is anyone able and willing to post a video of the game to this site - either the full match (preferred) or just the last qtr?
redstripe
redstripe

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:43 pm

Red stripe u can get the SANFL Digital Pass & watch every game with full commentary for about $12.90 for the whole year if u r a club member. You can also watch any past game of the season as they keep them all on file. Just go to the SANFL App.

I haven't been able to attend games much lately due to a health issue but have really appreciated the fact that I haven't missed a game by having this valuable digital pass.

Apart from the Eagles & Port games this season our boys have been very competitive & resilient but lacking in quality & confidence. They are now being rewarded for their persistence. We are all very proud of them & also pleased for Mark & his staff. Hope Tommy Keough is OK. Went off with a injured knee. Fingers crossed.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next