Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This bloke is right

+5
blacky
Oldfella
brodlach
Admin
whispy
9 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

This bloke is right Empty This bloke is right

Post by whispy Fri May 26, 2017 11:08 am

Just a copy and paste from a West supporter posting on Facebook regarding our current position, i think he's spot on.

David Hayter, in any organisation that is not performing there is a reason why. It doesn't have to be a football team. It can be a business, social group or even a system.

At the moment West Adelaide are failing at what their mission is and that is to win football games.

The first step to recovery is to admit there is a problem. To really admit it. The next step is to start a process of recovery, something as simple as an audit. Find the problem, fix the problem. There maybe multiple problems, there maybe just one big bottle neck preventing the process leading to success from proceeding, but the most important thing to do is for somebody at Richmond to find the problem and whoever is responsible for that area to be made accountable...either to fix it or step down and allow somebody else to fix it. Currently every arrow points at the Board for not taking decisive action.

You and I and hundreds of other West Adelaide supporters are frustrated with the team's poor performance over the last 18 months. The terraces are barren of supporters, which will invariably lead to a fall in revenue, something a club with a small supporter base will find hard to navigate.

At some stage in the near future tough decisions will have to be made, but currently the toughest decision seems to be who is going to take the blame and then who is going to find the problem and how are they going to fix it. You and I both know this yet there is no evidence that any action to resolve Westies woes has been initiated...and yes, I'll take the job if nobody else has the balls to do it.
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

This bloke is right Empty Re: This bloke is right

Post by Admin Fri May 26, 2017 11:35 am

It's a good thread, with replies form the Club and the President.

[i]Paul Wyatt this suggests to me that you are involved with the club at some level and have insight on behind the scenes activities. Personally, I have supported the club since 1983 (yes very lucky) and I do not know exactly what you mean.

West Adelaide Football Club [OFFICIAL] Make sure you become a member in 2017 David so you are able to speak your opinion at the AGM

David Hayter Hi Paul Wyatt, in any organisation that is not performing there is a reason why. It doesn't have to be a football team. It can be a business, social group or even a system.

At the moment West Adelaide are failing at what their mission is and that is t...See More

David Hayter West Adelaide Football Club [OFFICIAL]] why, do think somebody will listen?

West Adelaide Football Club [OFFICIAL] Absolutely, we value everyone's thoughts and opinions

David Hayter Well, you better get used to my loudmouth because as of two minutes ago I paid for a 2017 membership.

West Adelaide Football Club [OFFICIAL] Great stuff David!

Lee Harradine Good work, David. You may be pleased that all at West agree that our current performance is unacceptable and that there's a lot being done behind the scenes to do everything possible to change that. It's our No 1 priority. We've rescued our previously dire financial position and will make sure we do the same on-field.

Nick Heuz Should make for an interesting AGM!

Matthew Carn Nik R Bokr and there i was thinking everyone was just accepting this rubbish,

Luke Jamieson Hey look at the positives where top in the reserves
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri May 26, 2017 12:42 pm

I have no idea who this guy is but I absolutely applaud him. I want this club strong and to prosper.

I'm going to say something that will probably get deleted but until one certain individual is removed the carnage will continue. To me this person might have the same opinion.

I hope David is up for the fight as I think he could turn everything around resonably quickly with the right people around him.
brodlach
brodlach

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri May 26, 2017 12:54 pm

May I also ask who is the West Adelaide official replying? Cannot be a social media person as we don't even have our own website up to date.
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri May 26, 2017 1:40 pm

I think that David Hayter is not saying anything that any true supporter could argue with and i believe/understand that the club is presently in the process of undertaking audits and other reviews reguarding all aspect of team performance, player retention, talent/recruit identification and recruiting aimed at longterm successfull onfield performance -- a similar process was undertaken in terms of club profibility  with promising results so i hope (as we all do) that these action bear fruit -- where the club has probably failed imo is in making members aware of these action and keeping members advised of progress of the process.

Pleasing to see that David also says that he has just aquired a 2017 membership this is highly comendable and, providing he is qualified which i think he is, i hope that he runs for the board at the next agm given he has indicated a willingness to be involved. 

As a side ussue, whilst i have no personal issues with the performance any present member of the board it has been disappointing to me that recent agm elections have not required voting due to lack of nominations -- to have a choice of candidates for members consideration can only be a good thing.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1040
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Fri May 26, 2017 2:20 pm

l thought i'd get shot down for posting that.  Nice to see a few are in agreement that things need to change.

Oldfella, as we might be on the right track financially, i think we can do better. When the season started especially with the trial games, there wasn't a canteen or bbq open for one or 2 games, loss of coin there for starters. That was very poor on the club's behalf.  

The womens team? Someone said that would rake in extra money, i would  like to know if they have and how much. As far as i can see, no one is really interested bar the girls and a handful of their supporters. Could money spent on them be directed at more important things in the football department?

I have nothing against girls playing football, but if it's at a cost to a club that's struggling financially with no reward then perhaps they should find other avenues to play.

Also it looks like it's free for anyone to sit in the grand stand on match days, what happened to having pay $2 or $3 to get a seat for non members? Loss of coin there as well. May not be much but it all adds up.
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 26, 2017 2:34 pm

Please note that very little on here is deleted, unless it is personal abuse.

One or two of the above posts are clearly that. Please consider whether posts add to the debate.

Please note the announcement posted recently about posting requirements.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri May 26, 2017 2:45 pm

Whispy, Imo you stated fair thoughts that did not attack anyone (players or staff) so met site guidelines and as such was a great post 👍👍👍👍👍  our site administration is very fair and tends to lean on posters side rather than deleting post but we must have forum guidelines or we end up being a rabble and bring disrespect to the club like some other site do to thier relevant clubs

Agreed  ref canteen and i am told will never happen again

We have had a west adelaide womens team for many years (over 10 years of top of my head) --- i feel that supporters of the club are not just males and anything that generates interest and additional membership for the club is relevant --- in terms of finacial costs the club must believe there is gains or under present finacial controls it would not happen -- just a guess from me, good question though,.

I have not attended many games due to health issues but what you suggest about grandstand seating is very concerning and does seemwrong -- again i guess/wonder if the cost of paying someone to collect the money is more than money taken in? - life member-Tedd Kerley used to do it as a volunteer but has  moved on to become the reserves team manager --perhaps ring club and discuss as i feel is a fair question.

I do admit that i am a strong supporter of our new ceo who has proven he is only too willing to talk to members  on thier concerns - i recomend any member who has concerns or even general questions to contact the club as they will talk to you and give open honest answers
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1040
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri May 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Admin wrote:Please note that very little on here is deleted, unless it is personal abuse.

One or two of the above posts are clearly that. Please consider whether posts add to the debate.

Please note the announcement posted recently about posting requirements.

May I ask how Bundys post was personal abuse when no name was mentioned unlike the Daniel Webb Kicking Academy?
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Please refer to the recent warning about personal attacks.

This forum is for football discussion.

Posters can easily tell the difference between opinions on football, footballers and personal attacks on officials or staff.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 26, 2017 8:48 pm

It's very obvious that black and red is a paid employee of the club and as such has the full support of the club.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 26, 2017 8:56 pm

Well, perhaps you could let us know by PM who it is, because we have no idea who it is.

Instead of conspiracy theories, it could be a West supporter using the forum to give their thoughts on each game.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Fri May 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Second Team wrote:It's very obvious that black and red is a paid employee of the club and as such has the full support of the club.
he isnt a paid employee mate that i do know trust me Very Happy
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Sat May 27, 2017 9:22 am

Getting back to Mr Hayter.....
Good on him for communicating his frustration and even better putting his had up to help.
A bit nervous about a bloke who wasn't prepared to be a member all of sudden wanting to take on a leadership role at the club and only taking up membership after declaring his hand.
I think the fact this guy is getting so much air play is because like most he is crying out for a shake up.
Just tired of seeing us get flogged and rolling out the same formula on the field every week.....at least make a tangible change to the game plan.
Btw welcome back 😳😳😳. This site has missed your contributions. Going a bit hard at the man though mate?
billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by blood bath Sat May 27, 2017 5:23 pm

2 weeks in a row leading at 3/4 time and come up short.

Had our chances, just not good enough. Cant knock the endeavour, but routine skills aren't up to the level.
blood bath
blood bath

Number of posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat May 27, 2017 8:37 pm

Just thinking aloud, but this David Hayter (get it?) seems like a professional agitator, picks up all causes, and shouts out, waves his arms about and makes a noise, but there doesn't seem to be much substance there, as a quick look at the F.B. profile will reveal. For mine, I am as frustrated as any true West Adelaide supporter, but I will stick my hand up for the People who put a whole lot of there OWN time into this club, (certainly not me!!) for very little gain, but for a common cause. People have turned this Club around, financially, and those same People will attack Westies on field disappointments with the same vigor. Nothing is easy, our 2015 Premiership saw us lose a whole lot of good players...I am not familiar with Sturt's situation, but it seems like a theme is developing in this new age SANFL... Criticise by all means, but you can't beat CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, get in there, wield the shovel, contribute......
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Tue May 30, 2017 10:58 pm

No comment!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum: