Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West vs North at Prospect

+5
blackandred
LukeO9
Lee Harradine
TAAARS
Thiele
9 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West vs North at Prospect Empty West vs North at Prospect

Post by Thiele Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:32 pm

Saturday

Reserves 11.30
League 2.10

Reserves 3-0 and top

Would love to see Murray Waite get a league game

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 667

Back to top Go down

West vs North at Prospect Empty Re: West vs North at Prospect

Post by TAAARS Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:31 pm

I  would just love to see a win!
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Thiele - Murray Waite - Tick

TAAARS - Win - We all agree with you - Tick?
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2163

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Nice to see Rankine named

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:56 pm

West Adelaide will be without star recruit Jake Wilson for at least a month after he was sidelined by injury in Round 3.
A member of last year’s VFL Team of the Year, Wilson hurt his knee against Norwood last Friday night.
The key defender will be joined by John Noble on the out list, with the latter sent back to the Reserves.
Speedy pair Murray Waite and Izak Rankine have been named on the extended interchange bench to possibly play their first Macca’s League game of the year.
They have been joined in the 23-man squad by key position duo Ben Klemke and Jesse Watchman, with Klemke likely to fill Wilson’s role.
League
F: Fielke, Watchman, Karpany
HF: Turner, Middleton, Bates
C: Batley, Haysman, Hill
HB: Wasley-Black, Klemke, Burgess
B: Caire, Keough, Agostino

R: Majok, Schiller, K. Stevens
INT: Rankine, Waite, Silverlock, Pillion, Green
IN: Watchman, Waite, Rankine, Klemke
OUT: Wilson (knee), J. Noble

Reserves
Favretto, Peter, Carger, McPherson, J. Evans, L. Ryan, Iannucci, Goldner, I. Johnson, Inglis, Holliday, O. Johnson, Scott, Vassallo, Halkias, Male, Beard, J. Stevens, Lynch, J. Noble, L. Evans.
Under-18
I. Johnson, Eichner, Gutsche, Fazzalari, Caruso, May, Baker, Fairlie, Crump, Inglis, Walton, Smith, McFarlane, Alaeddin, Laube, Rugari, Kewell, Patterson, Smithson, Stidiford, Heitmann, Kennedy, Challis, Rana, Geddes-Ryan, Secker, Satanek, Dunkin, Hay

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:29 pm

Good.
Great response from last weeks debacle.
This years recovery is back on track.

LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:09 pm

Better in lots of ways. but we hurt ourselves at times with our decision making and skills.  We must improve those to win these games.

On a positive note, several young players stood up and some experienced players found form.  I thought Brett Turner, Izak zRankin (exceptional)  Jesse Watchman, Hugh Haysman and others showed they are the future.

Ruck was difficult for us and made it hard in the second half, but plenty to work with.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2163

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:49 pm

Make no mistake, Westies had their chances to win this match at Prospect. We were in front half way through the 3Q and were still within ten points well into time on in the last Q. We attacked relentlessly in the last but fell down across half forward. North kicked 2 quick goals late to seal the win.

In the end we lost because we made more mistakes and because we have no big forwards who can take a mark and kick goals. Take a mark, yes, kick goals, no. Middleton’s effort was much improved this week but he is yet to register his first goal this season in 4 games. Not good enough for a big, strong CHF. We seem to wrestle the ball into our forward line whereas North delivered long to their tall marking forwards. Still, we kicked 12 goals, our best effort for the season to date.

The desire was there all day and continued to the final siren. But where we fumbled and made too many mistakes, North were clean and effective when kicking to a man.

Again, Kaine Stevens was in the thick of things and never took a backward step. Caire and Hill turned North back all day but, like others, they tended towards one too many handballs, invariably bringing us undone. Rankine kicked 4 goals and looked smooth. Brett Turner has kicked 2 goals every week which makes him out best forward option.

North had 54 taps in ruck to our 15. Say no more. Majok struggled with an injury.

We fought this game out to the death and all credit to the boys but this was our big chance to snag a win and we came up short. Not quite good enough. Hard to see who we can beat.

Ressies won 18.7 to 13.4. L Peter booted 5 and Pillion 3. Pillion and Green dropped out of the senior team but Green didn’t play 2s so I’m guessing an injury.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:06 am

An improved performance,however we didn't win which isn't good enough.  Winning breeds success.
I thought our commitment for the contest was there from the first bounce and was there for the whole game.

We do have some exciting young talent in Turner,Rankine Bates,Haysman
(although I think there is plenty of room for improvement from him)
Watchman showed some good signs as well.
It's the best game I have seen Turner play and I really think this kid has real talent. In time I think he will make a very good midfielder, he has the size and the football smarts. He needs to keep developing,the kid can really play.
Rankine will be a Superstar. Bates is playing better each week.

Daniel Caire played his best game for a long time today,he was outstanding, his ball use was so much better today.
Well done.
Hill continues to play well every week and he also improved his foot skills.
Keough played his best game for 2017.

We were smashed in Ruck especially out of the centre square and that really killed us. Once again we had no key marking forwards.

Besides needing a quality Ruckman and  Key Forward, I also think we need a couple of tough Inside Mids, that's even when Schmidt is available that can give the ball to our outside Mids in Haysman,Rankine,Bates,Waite and Batley.

We badly missed Webb,Schmidt,Helbig,Green and Porps,however even with those players available we are still well and truely lacking the neccessary personnel to be a top 3 side.

Lastly Ben Klemke,every time he has been promoted to the league side he has manged to get injured, I don't think he has played a full league game yet.
I watched him play in the ressies against the Eagles and he was a stand out as he was against South.
Ben Klemke it's time you showed us that you can play at league level in the SANFL. YOU HAVE THE TALENT AND I WANT YOU TO SHOW US THE SUPPORTERS THAT YOU DO BELONG.

Last edited by Lachlan on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:30 am

Fair reports guys. Endeavour fantastic just undermanned in the tall dept & some terrible decisions at crucial moments. Mason's kicking a real concern. Don't know what is going on there. Mainly in the head I think as we know he can kick.
Pleased to see JESSE Watchman's game. Maybe time for a rest for Chol with Tyler in for a go.
Ressies have been fantastic well worth getting there early.

Greeny has a broken rib B&R.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by ccrump Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:33 pm

Doo wonder if klemkes was playing reserves on weekends whether he would of continued to play on under du ress? Dominates reserves as he is comfortable I feel
League he doesn't n maybe why he doesn't finishhhhh Games
Sorry if harsh
Just my tjoughts
Hope I'm wrong n provenb wrong
ccrump
ccrump

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon May 01, 2017 11:00 am

Due respect to other supporters and thier right to have an opinion but to me without knowing the type and extent of an injury and what was the relevant medical advicefrom the doctor and head trainer i find some of these coments inappropriate and offensive
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon May 01, 2017 5:23 pm

I note that in the clubs inkury update young Klemke is listed as concussion and requiring a test for next game -- this would indicate that he did not pass test on bench and medical staff removed him from the game.

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon May 01, 2017 5:24 pm

Glad Josh Holiday. Is ok. Bit worried for a moment on saturday

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Mon May 01, 2017 6:24 pm

'Old fella'

Klemke in fact did pass the concussion test and came back onto the ground in the 3rd quarter, he also played in the last mostly up forward.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon May 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Thanks lacklan, was not at game so was presumption by me based on medical report and comments that seemed to indicate that he stayed off ground.

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Mon May 01, 2017 6:58 pm

It was a better effort however,the fact that a 17 yr old kid who was not a key position player (understandably ) scored 1/3 of our goals is a big worry.
We really need our senior players to stand up.
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down