Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West vs South round 1

+3
Wolf Pack
Oldfella
Thiele
7 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West vs South round 1 Empty West vs South round 1

Post by Thiele Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Time for the real footy start.

Friday Night

Reserves 4.30
League 7.10

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 667

Back to top Go down

West vs South round 1 Empty Re: West vs South round 1

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:34 pm

West
As many as six new players could front for West Adelaide against South on Friday night.
Key recruits Lachlan Peter (Norwood), Nathan Batley (Woodville-West Torrens) and Jake Wilson (Werribee) will don the red and black for the first time while Zac Bates will play his first Macca’s League match for the club since returning from the Geelong rookie list.
Flagstaff Hill’s Chol Majok, an athletic utility originally from Egypt, has been listed on the extended interchange bench along with another possible debutante in Josh Stevens (20, 183cm and 73kg).

F: Fielke, Peter, J. Noble
HF: Turner, Middleton, Bates
C: Bailey, Haysman, Hill
HB: Wasley-Black, Wilson, Green
B: Caire, Keough, Agostino

R: Webb, Schiller, K. Stevens
INT: Majok, Burgess, Favretto, J. Ryan, J. Stevens

Reserves
Waite, Watchman, Klemke, Pillion, Carger, J. Evans, L. Ryan, M. Noble, Iannucci, Goldner, Inglis, Holliday, O. Johnson, Scott, Vassallo, Halkias, Beard, Lynch, Karpany, L. Evans, Bottin.
Under-18
Badger, I. Johnson, Eichner, Gutsche, Caruso, Alaeddin, May, Baker, Fairlie, Crump, Irwin, Walton, Geddes-Ryan, Neumann, Smith, West, Wright, McFarlane, Hay, Laube, M. Johnson, Gulliford, Kewell, Kennedy, Hocking, Singh, Satanek, Dunkin.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:56 pm

West lost by 3 points and i cannot question the efforts or intensity of the players.

I honestly feel this game is one that got away with poor kicking skills at critical moment costing dearly.

I found some decisions by one umpire to be strange but felt both teams experienced issues with some of the umpiring

Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1040
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:14 am

Agree with you Old Fella.
Work rate was good. We still turn the ball over too much with poor disposal by hand and foot.
South were more efficient.
It was a game we had to win as I think our next 2 games are against better teams than South....
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:43 am

Frustrating Friday night of footy at Richmond for our first game of the season. Firstly, we lost a game we looked like winning. Secondly, the contest was dominated by the umpiring. 54 free kicks in just over 100 minutes of footy means that every 2 minutes the game ground to a halt. Also, Westies played some great footy at times and some dreadful footy as well.

The positives were that we displayed heaps of endeavour. We chased and tackled, we attempted to keep the ball moving although we let ourselves down with some ordinary skills and some poor decision making. Our defence was terrific. Keough, Wilson and young Burgess took 19 marks between them.

South were slightly more polished. Their kicking to a man was more precise. They play an AFL style of defensive, sideways footy which can be frustrating to watch. They had much more of the ball than Westies but struggled to score. They dominated the play until around the 15 minute mark of the second Q. At this point we gradually assumed control of the contest, kicking 6 goals to their 2 and were in front at 3Q time and looking good for a first up win.

The last Q was dominated by South but they only outscored us by one goal but this was enough to have them in front at the end. They kicked 9 of their 11 goals in the first and last Qs.

Green kicked 4 and Fielke 3. We were smashed at the centre clearances. South went forward 50 times to our 35 but only won by 3 points thanks to our stout defence led by Jake Wilson with 9 marks in his first game. Batley looked good, Kaine Stevens played his usual sound game and Zac Bates impressed with his pace.

blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 253

Back to top Go down

Post by ccrump Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:13 am

Interestingg about the defense
I thoughtf that 1st half theyy tried 2 hard to mark ball n not spoil and that resultedd in 5 big marks to Sth forwards who went back and kicked goals.
ccrump
ccrump

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:26 pm

It was a very frustrating game to watch, I thought we had our chances
however some poor decision making and excursion cost us dearly.

I agree we were beaten out of the centre square.

WHAT WAS MOST ALARMING TO ME WAS OUR LACK OF FORWARDS WHO KICKED  GOALS. GREEN WAS THE ONLY PLAYER FROM OUR FORWARDS TO HAVE AN IMPACT.
FIELKE KICKED 3 goals however he spent a significant amount of time on ball.

OUR FORWARDS WERE IMPETENT AGAIN LAST NIGHT AND ITS A REGULAR THNG OVER THE PAST 2 YEARS.

I DONT BELIEVE OUR FORWARD STRCUTURE IS RIGHT AND IT HASNT BEEN FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS. WE CONTINUE TO PLAY OUR RESTING RUCKMEN AT FULL FORWARD WHICH HASNT WORKED FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS. YOU NEED TO KICK MORE GOALS THAN THE OPPOSITION AND WE CONTNUE TO HAVE IMPETENT KEY FORWARDS.

NEXT WEEK I WOULD PLAY KEOUGH AT CHF AND MIDDLETON AT FF WHERE HE PLAYS HIS BEST FOOTBALL IN MY BOOK.

LACHIE PETER WOULDNT BE IN MY SIDE NEXT WEEK. HE HAS DONE VERY LITTLE IN THE TRIALS AND ALSO LAST NIGHT. HE ISNT TALL ENOUGH TO PLAY AS A KEY FORWARD AND SO FAR HES HAD LITTLE IMPACT ON THE SCOREBOARD.
KEOUGH KICKS GOALS.

RYAN OR KLEMKE TO PLAY CHB WHICH ALLOWS KEOUGH FORWARD.

I WOULD PLAY WASLEY-BLACK THROUGH THE MIDFIELD AS HE SEEMS WASTED AT HF FOR AN ENTIRE GAME. ITS AN AREA WE LACK DEPTH IN AT THE MOMENT GIVEN  THE PLAYERS OUT INJURED.

It was a disappointing loss, however there were some good signs. I thought Batley was very good especially in the first half.
Zac Bates of half back was high in the best players. If he can stay injury free and get fitter he is going to be a very good midfielder.
Green was our only forward and Fielke and Stevens had their moments,however we were beaten in the midfield.
Our key defenders were outplayed up until halftime as we allowed Souths key forwards to take too many marks, however after half time they fought back.

PLEASE SELECTION COMMITTEE CAN WE HAVE 2 GENUINE KEY FOWARDS AGAINST THE EAGLES THEY BEING KEOUGH AT CHF AND MIDDLETON AT FF. THE RESTING RUCKMAN CAN START IN THE FORWARD POCKET OR OFF THE INTERCHANGE BENCH.

Last edited by Lachlan on Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Reserves Scores

West 12.15.87
South 7.5.47

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:02 pm

Iszak Rankine would have been handy too if he was acailable
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:56 pm

I missed the fine effort by young MAJOK when webbie went down -- whilst not winning the ruck he was very competative and got to every contest -- most definitely kept us in the game and well done by a very inexperienced player

Also i was very impressed with young Waite in the twos -- actualy i feel there is more than a few in the twos that will cause much discussion on selection night for the rest of the season.

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down