Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Mickan on 2017

3 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Mark Mickan on 2017 Empty Re: Mark Mickan on 2017

Post by RODH2 Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:48 am

I'll thank you not to link to pay-walled News Corp articles...............! ( Laughing )
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:15 pm

RODH2 wrote:I'll thank you not to link to pay-walled News Corp articles...............!  ( Laughing  )

That is an exellent point.

Mickan vows to return West Adelaide to former glory
Warren Partland, The Advertiser
August 28, 2016 6:00pm
Subscriber only

WEST Adelaide coach Mark Mickan is adamant he can revive the club as an SANFL force next season.

Just 12 months after the Bloods ended a 32-year premiership drought, the club has fallen dramatically to take the wooden spoon with just two wins for the season.

There has been speculation hanging over the future of Mickan but he said he intended to be at the club next season when he would complete the final year of his contract.

“I feel I am in a position to move the club forward,’’ Mickan said after the Bloods went down to Central District by 42 points in the final minor round on Saturday.

“With the help of a lot of other people, I feel we can create an environment which is conducive to winning again. (Falling to bottom of the ladder) does not sit comfortably at all, it sits very poorly.

“The West Adelaide Football Club deserves better than that and we have to make sure we present a better process and result next year.’’

Mickan said improvements were needed in fitness levels and skills, while the Bloods needed to make smart decisions when recruiting.

He claimed injuries in the pre-season had interrupted preparations and the side had not recovered as hoped.

“There are lessons to be learnt from that,’’ Mickan said. “It’s about understanding this competition is cut throat; you don’t have to drop off much to suffer, and we did that and suffered big time.

“We have to get some belief back in the group.’’

The Bloods have lost talented defender Adam Hartlett and tough midfielder Travis Tuck to retirement, with the pair making their appearance for the club against the Bulldogs.

Mickan said the planning process to resurrect the club had already started.

“Some of our selection of the team and the way we have conducted some meetings has been geared towards the longer term,’’ he said.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2174

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:36 am

I have the greatest confidence that rubbers can lead us back from the wilderness.

Quality recruits plus a continuation of our strong ongoing junior development program are critical to this.

I am allready looking forward to next year

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1040
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum: