Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West vs South

+5
aldo russian
Lachlan
Oldfella
blackandred
Thiele
9 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

West vs South Empty West vs South

Post by Thiele Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:01 pm

WEST
West Adelaide could select another debutant for its clash with South Adelaide at City Mazda Stadium on Saturday.
South Mildura product Josh Ryan has been included on the Bloods’ extended interchange bench as one of four inclusions to the 23-man squad.
The 20-year-old has been joined by half-back Errin Wasley-Black, who collected 24 disposals and seven clearances in the Reserves last round.
Chris Burgess returns to a back pocket while former Essendon rookie Tyson Slattery has been listed on the wing.
Former Richmond midfielder Brad Helbig and pacy wingman Murray Waite have been sent back to the Reserves.

League
F: Turner, Tuck, Fielke
HF: Haysman, Middleton, Silverlock
C: Agostino, K. Stevens, Slattery
HB: Green, Favretto, Hill
B: Burgess, Hardy, Caire

R: Webb, Schiller, Schmidt
INT: J. Ryan, O’Brien, J. Noble, Wasley-Black, J. Evans
IN: Burgess, J. Ryan, Slattery, Wasley-Black
OUT: Waite, Helbig

Reserves
Helbig, Stubbs, Pillion, Homburg, McPherson, L. Ryan, M. Noble, I. Johnson, Inglis, Heitmann, Majok, Scott, Waite, Fitzpatrick, Male, Westhoff, J. Stevens, Rankine, G. Hampton, Karpany, L. Evans.

Under-18
Goldner, Gutsche, Eichner, Rodman, Inglis, Baker, Allaedin, Crump, L. Evans, Smith, Moore, Walton, Wagner, West, Heitmann, Secker, Kassulke, Patterson, Lampard, McCulloch, Staker, M. Johnson, Binnion, Baldissera.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 667

Back to top Go down

West vs South Empty Re: West vs South

Post by blackandred Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:43 am

Interesting move to drop Waite. He had a quiet game against Sturt along with a lot of his mates but has been playing some good footy over the last month.
The last few games of 2016 will present some challenges to the selection group. We have a few promising younger players coming through. Do we give them a run or do we stay loyal to a number of established players who are out of form and possibly struggling through each week with long term injuries?
An early indication will come on game day when we see who is sent back to the ressies. Jack Evans certainly proved his worth at Unley after being dropped back to the 2s week after week.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 am

Good thoughtd br

I feel that the time is ripe to have a look at juniors for future potential either way i will back the senior coaches dexision

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:59 am

I think it's about time we played two key forwards in Hardy and Middleton we haven't done it all year.

Josh Ryan should also get an opportunity as a key defender.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:44 pm

I'm a bit concerned by the apparent under-reaction to last week's performance. The coach's match report said "What eventuated after half time was disappointing." I would have thought scoring 0-4 to 11-5 in a half of footy was a bit north of disappointing. I would have thought "disgraceful", "disastrous" or "pathetic" would have been closer to the mark.
And so after our biggest loss for the year (quite an achievement given the year we've had) two players are dropped, one of them a kid who's played only a handful of games. What message is this sending to the players?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:16 pm

At half-time it's WA 1.3 to SA 7.6.
In our last four quarters of footy we have kicked 1 goal.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:16 pm

Yet again another pathetic performance.

Yet again our forward Line was impetent.
Every week we only have Middleton as a key marking target.

Every week Webby is our only ruckman,mind you
he was high in our best players. Why don't we at least try Majok or McPherson

Every week we have only 4 or 5 players over 192cms. The coach seem reluctant
to try young Ryan which would allow Hardy to play forward.

Every week the coach is reluctant to make changes during a match

Every week the coaches report is the same rhetoric.

You can have all the excuses under the sun, the facts are from the very 1st trial
game this year the entire league teams performances has been WOEFUL.
WHY?

I THINK THE MESSAGE FROM THE COACH TO THE PLAYERS IS CLEARLY A MAJOR PROBLEM

Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:28 pm

We have had some shockers this year BUT today was the worst of the season.
Pathetic, Insipid and Gutless.
We were witches hats for long periods of the game.
There is no skill, no desperation and minimal effort.
It's not acceptable and members and supporters fork out their hard earned money to watch absolute crap.
Not good enough!!!!!
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 782

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:41 pm

If it wasn't for us losing all those players we would be top. Heard that before haven't we.We were top gunns last year stop complaining.Heard before somewhere.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:44 pm

It is an indictment that our response to our biggest loss of the season is to record a new biggest loss of the season. Is this how it's going to go for the rest of the year? Surely there has to be some changes, somewhere, because the current approach is taking us backwards.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by ccrump Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:47 pm

I wuld hate 2 play forward within whatt I seen 2day.
Has coach told our forwards 2 lead & then told midfield to kick long?
That is when our midfield actually wanted to take ball forward n not handballllll around 2 get more useless stats
ccrump
ccrump

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by nigelfab Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:04 pm

So the last 3 years: bottom, top, bottom...crazy coaching record for Mickan really. I just wonder if last year was more about the players wanting it. Outside of last year, we have been pretty awful. I can't see how the coaches message is getting through based on the results this year. You have to call it as you see it. I was at Unley last week, but gave this week a miss. Glad I did by the scoreline. Worrying times.
nigelfab
nigelfab

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:39 pm

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to come up with any positives about this team. They are flogging their guts out every week but they are being outclassed in pretty much every element of the game. Final score today South 21.10 to West 6.5.

Webby won the ruck. He injured his lower left leg early, got it strapped and returned to the field to beat the bigger Bass. Some of his tap work is really good but his crumbers let him down with their clearance work, being smashed by the South engine room. Schmidt was again dominant and I thought Zac O’Brien played his best game for the club. Of concern is that Stevens sat out the last Q with a leg injury.

Despite being behind at Q time we dominated the first Q as we controlled the play but couldn’t exert any scoreboard pressure. Round and round we went. Chipping sideways, often short kicks, plenty of handballs, slowly working it forward and when we got there we didn’t know what to do. From the early stages of the second Q it was clear we were not going to win as South dominated play for the 2nd and 3rd Qs kicking 12 goals to our 2. We managed our second goal of the game at the 24 minute mark of the 3rd Q and that only came from a free kick! Eddy kicked 7 for South. More than our entire score.

The real problem is that we are showing no sign of any improvement. Our skills are, if possible, worse now than earlier in the season. We are devoid of any forward system. We regularly turn the ball over with hand and foot. We have a few good younger players but none of them are looking to take the game apart. We are slow and get caught with the ball far too much. In the last 4 games our backline has let through 19, 19, 19 and 21 goals. That’s 78 goals to our 25. The few supporters still turning up are longing for the final siren to sound to end the torture. Better to stay home and stick pins in your eyes for a hundred minutes than to watch this rubbish.

The reserves had a good win coming from behind late in the game to win 10.15 to 10.9.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down