Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West vs North

+13
whispy
postie
Lachlan
aldo russian
bundy
blackandred
testy
TAAARS
Oldfella
Wolf Pack
Lee Harradine
billrobs1
Thiele
17 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

West vs North - Page 2 Empty Re: West vs North

Post by bundy Sun 15 May 2016, 8:54 am

Had humble pie for dinner last night,did not taste nice but still maintain we are crap.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun 15 May 2016, 9:01 am

We lost the game in 8 minutes of bad football starting at the 17 minute mark of the third quarter -- reguardless of some bad turnovers by experienced footballers and some very bad skills errors up till then we had held norths to a minimal lead with us to come home with the wind.

Then the floodgates openned for norths goal burst -- game gone

Was a funny game to watch at times we showed great form eg 6 straight second quarter and then made some real bad basic errors when in a position to score --- errors include missed handballs missed kicks letting ball go behind marking contest.

I did come away from the game feeling that that senior players were main issue not the youngsters finding thier way bit concerning -- believe we are on way back and first win not far away

Lat thing noted was that ryan willets played in reserves and in past i have seen senior players sulk in this situation --- not willo worked hard all day and was supportive with body and voice for the youngsters around him -- good attitude willo and well done

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Sun 15 May 2016, 9:24 am

Lee Harradine wrote:
whispy wrote:
Lee Harradine wrote:
bundy wrote:I am being realistic we are crap this year!!!!!What is your problem.

I don't have a problem, bundy, I'm just not giving up on the players and coaches who gave us a premiership 6 games ago.

Make that 7 games ago, might mention that we haven't won any of them. Last year is now history just like our hopes for another shot at a Grand Final is this year. I'm beginning to think that last year was a fluke.

Fair enough, whispy, but I'm with Testy. I've never given up on Westies over 50 years or more and I won't start now.

Having said that, I agree that the footy we're playing this year is terrible and several premiership players have hardly fired a shot.

Again, I don't think this is due to just one thing, but a combination of factors and it has to be addressed quickly.

I'm trying to listen in from Sicily and it's depressing, but I do know no-one is just sitting back accepting it.

Addressed quickly  Shocked  we are 0-7 after winning the premiership last season Shocked No-one is sitting back accepting  Shocked  Well what are they doing about it then? That's alright for you to say sipping your espresso in Sicily while we watch our side get kicked of the park each week!

Even the coach is quoted in the Sunday Mail today that we will keep picking our best side but admitted our depth is shallow! So maybe time for some changes off the field too. We need someone with knowledge about recruiting as I think that is a big reason we are not able to be competitive this year! We have not recruited players to replace the ones we lost from last year. I know it is not possible to replace one for one but at least look at recruiting players of similar ilk.

I have been following the Bloods for over 60 years and never given up on them, but I certainly can't remember where after playing in a GF the next year we started 0- 7!
beaglex
beaglex

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Sun 15 May 2016, 10:30 am

Just going on that recruiting bit beaglex... in all our zones, be it the Riverland, Mallee or what ever other zones we have, surely you would think that there is a ruckman, backman or a forward that could with a bit more fitness step up to play league foootball for West.
IMO, all i have seen of late is young possible draftees that the club is only interested in. Kids and good luck to them, but why can't we get any possible ready made players from our zones? Are there none up there? Surely there are, maybe we are not looking hard enough!!
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Lachlan Sun 15 May 2016, 12:23 pm

Another very disappointing lose.

We seemed to be overusing the football and our ball use coming out of defence is very poor.

We continue to play a very small forward line and that clearly isn't working.
Time to throw Hardy forward for the next few weeks.

I really don't no where our first win is going to come from.
Lachlan
Lachlan

Number of posts : 1011

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun 15 May 2016, 3:33 pm

Our footy recruiters are the same ones who recruited for a premiership last year. There is also a salary cap.

As for our zones, no, thrre aren't any established llayers of league standard we're missing. Our Football Manager, coach and others of us are there constantly. We are getting many very good juniors from our zones, though. That is the same for all SANFL clubs.

Apologies for having a holiday from work with my wife, instead of being at Westies volunteering, Beaglex.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Sun 15 May 2016, 5:27 pm

whispy wrote:Just going on that recruiting bit beaglex... in all our zones, be it the Riverland, Mallee or what ever other zones we have, surely you would think that there is a ruckman, backman or a forward that could with a bit more fitness step up to play league foootball for West.
IMO, all i have seen of late is young possible draftees that the club is only interested in. Kids and good luck to them, but why can't we get any possible ready made players from our zones? Are there none up there? Surely there are, maybe we are not looking hard enough!!

Good point whispy, but as we have been assured by Lee there is no players of League standard our club has missed from our country zones.

Have to believe that as it appears everyone, including our Football Operations Manager (maybe he was special guest commentator on the radio up there), have been to our zones constantly searching for recruits!
beaglex
beaglex

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun 15 May 2016, 5:56 pm

Our Football Manager has been to the Riverland dozens of times. He's been to the Mallee dozens of times and has bugheen to Roxby Downs many, many times.

The best player in our Mallee zone is Patrick Barrett, who has played Reserves for us and tried out again last season.

There are many good players in our zones, but they come to us as juniors.

Perhaps you can advise which league standard players in our zones we have missed? I look forward to your advice.

And yes, we do go to our zones constantly. Our Footy Manager goes there constantly in his own time, without overtime, for the love of the club.

As I said, I await your advice on who we have missed.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun 15 May 2016, 8:15 pm

beaglex wrote:  Well what are they doing about it then? That's alright for you to say sipping your espresso in Sicily while we watch our side get kicked of the park each week!

I can only assume (and hope) that you have no idea of the amount of work Lee does for the club. I'm at least as angry as you about how we're performing but you've misdirected your anger.

aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sun 15 May 2016, 8:39 pm

Well said, aldo. Totally agree.
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 364

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun 15 May 2016, 10:53 pm

Aldo you are correct

Beaglex it is fair to be upset but to direct rage at unpaid volentees or staff member giving unpaid time to the club is a classic form of hiding behind a keyboard -- make an appointment or ring club and speak face to face -- i look forward to your list of players in our zones that are willing to come down and are a league standard.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Mon 16 May 2016, 8:37 am

Oldfella wrote:Aldo you are correct

Beaglex it is fair to be upset but to direct rage at unpaid volentees or staff member giving unpaid time to the club is a classic  form of hiding behind a keyboard -- make an appointment or ring club and speak face to face -- i look forward to your list of players in our zones that are willing to come down and are a league standard.

Oldfella – the definition of rage;

rant and rage, boil with rage, blow your top!
I’m not sure where any of my comments would associate to those definitions.

My respect for volunteers is second to none but I certainly object to you calling me a keyboard warrior.

As you will see with my reply to aldo, I was only asking questions with regard to Lee’s comments they were certainly not with fury, anger, wrath or temper!
beaglex
beaglex

Back to top Go down

Post by beaglex Mon 16 May 2016, 8:40 am

aldo russian wrote:
beaglex wrote:  Well what are they doing about it then? That's alright for you to say sipping your espresso in Sicily while we watch our side get kicked of the park each week!

I can only assume (and hope) that you have no idea of the amount of work Lee does for the club. I'm at least as angry as you about how we're performing but you've misdirected your anger.

Aldo I do know what tireless work volunteers do for sporting clubs having been involved (and still involved) with a club for over 25 years as a volunteer.

My anger was not aimed at Lee, I was asking a question to his comments “it has to be addressed quickly” and “that no-one is sitting back accepting it”. As we are now 0 – 7 surely I am allowed to ask these questions. If these type of queries are not allowed on the forum then so be it. I will bid farewell so that I do not upset anybody anymore!

By the way if Lee is doing such a considerable amount of work maybe he needs to rescind some of his work load.
beaglex
beaglex

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Mon 16 May 2016, 8:51 am

Its all in how one poses the question my fellow supporter -- in my own case i suffer from clinical depression which on saturday forced me to leave the game as i was becoming very upset and angry

It would be so so easy in my case to react with vicious anger to things but i chose not to -- i try and raise concerns on the club as a whole not by raising questions on individuals. -- i do discuss my real concerns with the clubs relevant officialsbut do not often raise them in a webbsite

I am sorry you felt offended by my post however they we r e honest thoughts of mine

Oldfella
Oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Mon 16 May 2016, 12:35 pm

No one minds a bit of good, healthy , robust debate, we are all frustrated with the way things have gone. But to suggest officials and volunteers are slumming it away to the Club's detriment is not on. No one minds constructive criticism, let's hear people's views and thoughts, personally, I am as frustrated as anyone, but the exact same committee was instrumental in delivering a Premiership last year, and also a generally healthier Club in these difficult times. Very Happy
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 364

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon 16 May 2016, 12:50 pm

beaglex wrote:

My anger was not aimed at Lee, I was asking a question to his comments “it has to be addressed quickly” and “that no-one is sitting back accepting it”. As we are now 0 – 7 surely I am allowed to ask these questions. If these type of queries are not allowed on the forum then so be it. I will bid farewell so that I do not upset anybody anymore!

Saying it's all right to be sipping coffee in Sicily is not a question, it's an implication that he doesn't care.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by PMSL Tue 17 May 2016, 12:18 pm

beaglex wrote:
whispy wrote:Just going on that recruiting bit beaglex... in all our zones, be it the Riverland, Mallee or what ever other zones we have, surely you would think that there is a ruckman, backman or a forward that could with a bit more fitness step up to play league foootball for West.

Good point whispy, but as we have been assured by Lee there is no players of League standard our club has missed from our country zones.

Have to believe that as it appears everyone, including our Football Operations Manager (maybe he was special guest commentator on the radio up there), have been to our zones constantly searching for recruits!

Does he commentate? I havent heard that. What station?
PMSL
PMSL

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamo Wed 18 May 2016, 11:46 am

Even If there where "Ready Made League Players up there", Where Fighting Salary Cap and Country Teams who are Crazy enough to pay players up 2k a Game, which we can't match that.

Everyone Involved is trying to do there best with what they have to work with.

RED BLACK 2015.
Jamo
Jamo

Number of posts : 189
Job/hobbies : Accounts Manager Timber Wholesale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2