Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEST v South.

+9
radar
nigelfab
Audamus
Lachlan
TAAARS
Lee Harradine
Wolf Pack
aldo russian
Thiele
13 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WEST v South. - Page 2 Empty Re: WEST v South.

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:23 am

WP, only 4 of the players you named played finals or tegular league games. Two of them, Beech and Keough, were taken late in the recruiting season, in the rookie draft and that hurt us.

Secondly, there is a salary cap and after a premiership, players often ask for a well-deserved pay rise.

Beech & Keough were always going to be irreplaceable, but Trent Stubbs has been very good. It's too early to judge Zac O'Brien, because of injury, but he's jighly credentialled.

Although I am conflicted on this topic, it was relevant that all our better players yesterday were those who had a full pre-season. Injury has restricted many of our list & I'm sure the coaches have been impeded because of that.

IMO, now is the time to support the coaches and players. They delivered us a Premiership we didn't think was possible and we're only 3 rounds in.

On another note, I saw one of the best games from a junior I've ever seen at our Under 18's on Saturday.

I'd expect to see Izak Rankine, still eligible for Under 16's
play higher before too long.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf Pack Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:40 am

Point taken, Lee but we have no depth players now.
Injuries effect every club, and you need players in the reserves who can step up when required. We don't have any....
I will be there this week against Sturt.
Last roll of the dice for 2016........
Wolf Pack
Wolf Pack

Number of posts : 782

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:23 am

Can I ask this simple question: how is it that many of our players have not done a full pre season  then,and why do we play so many trial games when all we seem to get out of  them are injuries? I mean it is not as if we start the season all guns blazing is it? This is not the first time this has happened either is it?
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:44 am

Wolf Pack wrote:Point taken, Lee but we have no depth players now.
Injuries effect every club, and you need players in the reserves who can step up when required. We don't have any....
I will be there this week against Sturt.
Last roll of the dice for 2016........

Good on you, WP.

You're quite right, though, our lack of depth is a worry.

We also recruited young Murray Waite from the Murray Bushrangers to help with some pace and he's impressed so far and we're hoping he'll step up as the season goes on. Graham Hampton is also back and will add pace and talent.

As you say, though, we do need to address depth, but losing 6 to the draft makes it tough.

Rest assured, though, we're working hard on this constantly, as we can't win a premiership and not sustain a high finish each year.

So it's priority 1.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:01 pm

I query the wisdom of playing Hartlett for only half a game. There's no such thing as half a game of football, they all tend to run 4 quarters. And now having played only a half, we still don't know if he can run out a whole game. Surely the medical staff assess him as ready to play or not, not half-ready.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by postie Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:24 pm

i have to agree that its like ground hog day 2003 revisited. we lost 7 good players and only recruited 3 that were ready to go.who knew we would lose ando for the year. plus hommie and brind as well for a long period of time, am frustrated about the new deliberate rule as we must have turned up the most frees in the league. we need to keep fringe players sometimes to add to our depth.i know we talk about money to recruit players but aren/t all clubs on the same salary cap or is our brown paper bag a lot less then other clubs.
postie
postie

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:19 pm

I have purposefully stayed out of this debate but had to comment after reading some of the hysteria that has been written. Get a grip you lot, you sound like Adelaide United supporters after they lost the first 8 games this season. They wanted to replace all the playing list & of course sack the coach which is par for the course. Where are they now???????

I wish to remind you of the Eagles a couple of years ago who were terrible early in the season. Didn't win a game for about 6 rounds if I remember rightly. Every team was walking all over them but they were able to turn things around & play finals that season.

One thing in our favour is that 7 other teams have only one win on the board (out of 2 or 3 games).

It is easy to put frustration on line but I would think everyone in the footy dept are doing more than their very best to pull us out of this slump.

Yes we have been shite but please don't jump off yet. Last year we were lucky with injuries, had a early & strong preseason which you can do if you finish a month earlier than a premiership team. Don't compare us to Norwood. We all suspect that there has always been something suspicious with out of contract payments by third parties.

Stick Fat!!!!!!
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2