Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEST v Crows

+11
billrobs1
blackandred
TAAARS
Lee Harradine
blacky
RODH2
The Axis
Oldfella
Lachlan
Wolf Pack
postie
15 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WEST v Crows - Page 2 Empty Re: WEST v Crows

Post by whispy Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:10 am

testy wrote:
TAAARS wrote:
Oldfella wrote:Whilst the challenges in the game are clearly apparent i, for reason i cannot explain, have a strong gut feeling that our team will not let us down and i do believe we will win.

Oldfella,next time you have one of your gut feelings,please try putting your head in a bucket of water 3 times and pulling it out twice! Razz

Speaking of buckets, did any one notice our Football Manager walking around on the oval before the League game started with a bucket full of sand in hand.
Well the reason for this was because the Cows weren't happy with some areas of the oval and wanted him to fill up any divots made by the B Grade trial. Precious little lovely boys aren't they. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

If i were the West Football manager, i would have told the Cows if they didn't think the ground was up to standard then they should have packed up and forfeited the game. No other club has complained about the surface of the ground. In fact it's one of the better SANFUL grounds that is well maintained by the council.
The two AFL cancers in our competition are really starting to make me feel sick.  Crying or Very sad
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:15 am

testy wrote:
TAAARS wrote:
Oldfella wrote:Whilst the challenges in the game are clearly apparent i, for reason i cannot explain, have a strong gut feeling that our team will not let us down and i do believe we will win.

Oldfella,next time you have one of your gut feelings,please try putting your head in a bucket of water 3 times and pulling it out twice! Razz

Speaking of buckets, did any one notice our Football Manager walking around on the oval before the League game started with a bucket full of sand in hand.
Well the reason for this was because the Cows weren't happy with some areas of the oval and wanted him to fill up any divots made by the B Grade trial. Precious little lovely boys aren't they. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Seen that mate and i could not believe it - - never seen it before.

Perhaps lee can give clarity but i think that the team managers must sign off on the grounds safe condition before  the game can go ahead -- given the legal sueing we live in perhaps one team manager was being a bit over sensative to safety???

Lee?

Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1040
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by whispy Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:18 am

Oldfella...if it gets to a stage where the 2 AFL clubs start threatening to sue over the state of an oval or a player has injured himself slipping in a bit of mud, then perhaps it's time to tell them to bugger off.
whispy
whispy

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:27 am

whispy wrote:Oldfella...if it gets to a stage where the 2 AFL clubs start threatening to sue over the state of an oval or a player has injured himself slipping in a bit of mud, then perhaps it's time to tell them to bugger off.
You got my vote Whispy.I am really struggling to enjoy SAFUL now it's a JOKE!!!!!
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:47 pm

Correct. At normal games, the Reserves Team Managers sign off that the ground is fit for play. I've never known an oval not to be signed as OK. Once that is done, it clears play for the day.

No request was made to me as League Team Manager about the ground yesterday. Obviously, Adelaide made a request to our Football Manager about one aspect, which he attended to.

I might add it was only one of many issues Andrew Marks had to deal with during the day. I'm grateful for all the work he does, much of which goes unnoticed by most.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2174

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:Correct. At normal games, the Reserves Team Managers sign off that the ground is fit for play. I've never known an oval not to be signed as OK. Once that is done, it clears play for the day.

No request was made to me as League Team Manager about the ground yesterday. Obviously, Adelaide made a request to our Football Manager about one aspect, which he attended to.

I might add it was only one of many issues Andrew Marks had to deal with during the day. I'm grateful for all the work he does, much of which goes unnoticed by most.

Marksy did have a lot on his plate yesterday apart from his bucket duties and I congratulate him on a very busy day for round one of the season.

I must say I believe all grounds at SANFL level are in great condition these days compared to days gone by and for the cows to be so precious about Richmond Oval, which is second to none and being the last club to join the SANFL is quite arrogant.
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:11 pm

I gather the water was OK for them to drink this time Lee (LOL)
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2