Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Life Governor Memberships

+2
TAAARS
firstblood
6 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

2015 Life Governor Memberships  Empty 2015 Life Governor Memberships

Post by firstblood Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:39 am

I think it's a great initiative by the club.

2015 Life Governor Memberships  Life10

http://westadelaidefc.com.au/2015-life-governor-memberships/
firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

2015 Life Governor Memberships  Empty Re: 2015 Life Governor Memberships

Post by TAAARS Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:02 pm

Do you get parking for life with it?
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:52 am

I'm not sure how this idea works. If I am a Gold Pass member paying $1300 a year (down to $1,000 now), but now take out life membership for a one-off payment of $1600, how does that work for the club? I'd personally rather give more money to the club, not less.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:26 am

Its not life membership it just a on of payment to be a member of the club with no fees to pay
Life membership is for people who give their time to the club such as player's and officials
blacky

Number of posts : 251

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:57 am

Yeah I should have said life-time membership, I understand the distinction blacky. Still don't see how the sums add up though.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:28 am

Aldo I think you may be an exception to the rule.

Most Gold Pass members attend 10 home match lunches & get a car park in the Northen end plus free access to the Westonians room at half time & after the game. In your case you don't enjoy these benefits due to your location & inability to attend more than once or twice a year.

A Life Governor does not receive any benefits other than not ever having to worry about or pay an annual subscription for the remainder of their life.

The Life Governorship has been offered before in the club. In fact there are already several members who took it up in about 1990. It is a way of obtaining a lifetime of annual membership subscriptions upfront which helps the clubs cash flow. If my memory serves me correctly it cost about $1000 in 1990 to become a Life Governor.

I personally know that the club appreciates your continued support and financial contribution which also goes beyond a Gold Pass.

Sometimes we don't want to try to work out the value in our financial offerings to the club because we could never really justify it. We just do it to help the club we love. Don't tell my wife!!!!!!
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:43 am

Incidentally I forgot to mention in my above post that the club is hoping to maintain its list of Gold Pass members & Westonians as this offer is targeting the devoted members who may have the money to avail themselves of this opportunity.

I also forgot to say that the Gold Pass includes a Season ticket & a grand stand seat.

The Club is willing to accept time payment over 12 months for the Life Governorship. Anyone interested please contact John KANTILAFTAS & he will be more than willing to oblige.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:26 pm

Thanks MP. I should say though that my concern is not myself, but rather whether a Life Governorship will mean fewer ongoing Westonian/higher end memberships even though you don't get the benefits of Westonian membership.
I guess the hope is people will give to the club what they can.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:30 pm

I don't think that this category of membership should negatively impact the Gold Pass & Westonians members

It is my belief from feedback that the GP & W members think that we provide great value for money with those offerings & don't want to miss out on the privileges so hopefully they will continue as normal.

Kanta has had some interest in the Life Governorship already which is fantastic.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfella Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:33 am

Went in yesterday and arranged my Life Governorship

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Life long passionate supporter
Oldfella
Oldfella

Number of posts : 1038
Job/hobbies : Retired due to severe clinical depression

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:08 am

Well done Oldfella
Mypaspective
Mypaspective