Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SANFL v AFL

4 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

SANFL v AFL Empty SANFL v AFL

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 11:16 am

This is for everyone who cares about the SANFL and the AFL. Post away. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

SANFL v AFL Empty Re: SANFL v AFL

Post by aldo russian Sat May 16, 2015 11:52 am

I care about the SANFL, what would you like me to post?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 4:06 pm

aldo russian wrote:I care about the SANFL, what would you like me to post?

Anytime you want to complain about the AFL or SANFL then fire away. Then you don't have to fill up a game day thread with useless crap that I don't care about. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sat May 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Perhaps you should give us all a comprehensive list of the things you don't care about so we can avoid offending you with posts that might touch on those subjects.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 6:54 pm

aldo russian wrote:Perhaps you should give us all a comprehensive list of the things you don't care about so we can avoid offending you with posts that might touch on those subjects.

Most of the stuff you post is dribble so lets start with that. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sat May 16, 2015 9:26 pm

ST, there's no need to continually be aggressive towards other posters.

Please keep to site rules.

Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Lee Harradine wrote:ST, there's no need to continually be aggressive towards other posters.

Is dribble a bit harsh. Harden up. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun May 17, 2015 8:10 am

Second Team wrote:
aldo russian wrote:Perhaps you should give us all a comprehensive list of the things you don't care about so we can avoid offending you with posts that might touch on those subjects.

Most of the stuff you post is dribble so lets start with that. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ouch. Bring back Collo...please.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Sun May 17, 2015 8:25 am

Problems I have with the SANFL:
1. Contracting Ticketek that sell finals tickets with a scandalous transaction charge.
2. Not having finals (apart from GF) at suburban home grounds.
3. Having splitting rounds so far apart that the League ladder is useless for 14 rounds.
These just come to mind straight away. I'm sure I'll come up with more.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Sun May 17, 2015 11:18 am

Perhaps a little bit of tolerance & courtesy wouldn't go astray ST.
Personally I enjoy Aldo's critique regardless of where it is posted. Who really cares!!!!!!! Obviously it bothers you for some strange reason.

Luke09: I would like to take you up on two of your points.

Point 2: The SANFL have been considering this for awhile so it's not done with yet. However here's a scenario for you to contemplate. Our beloved Bloods end up 5th at the end of the minor round to either Sturt, Eagles, South or dare I say Port. Would you rather play the elimination final at a neutral venue to stay in the finals race or Unley, Woodville, Noarlunga or Alberton????? That is what would probably happen if you get your wish because I think they are looking at giving the side higher on the ladder a home advantage. If not I still wouldn't like the idea of playing at Prospect or Norwood or Elizabeth as a neutral suburban venue, would you?? As they say in the classics "be careful what you wish for".

Point 3: Does the split round really matter. All we have to do is win a couple more than we lose during the whole season & we are probably in the finals if recent trends are anything to go by. The ladder shouldn't really bother you along the way because it is easy to work out which sides are performing & which ones aren't & roughly where they sit in the scheme of things. It will all be back to normal mid season so don't stress too much.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun May 17, 2015 6:52 pm

Second Team wrote:
Lee Harradine wrote:ST, there's no need to continually be aggressive towards other posters.

Is dribble a bit harsh. Harden up. Shocked Shocked Shocked

No, ST, but saying dribble instead of drivel is.

Personally, I enjoy aldo's contributions.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2164

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeO9 Tue May 19, 2015 11:30 am

Mypaspective wrote:Perhaps a little bit of tolerance & courtesy wouldn't go astray ST.

Luke09: I would like to take you up on two of your points.

Point 2: The SANFL have been considering this for awhile so it's not done with yet. However here's a scenario for you to contemplate. Our beloved Bloods end up 5th at the end of the minor round to either Sturt, Eagles, South or dare I say Port. Would you rather play the elimination final at a neutral venue to stay in the finals race or Unley, Woodville, Noarlunga or Alberton????? That is what would probably happen if you get your wish because I think they are looking at giving the side higher on the ladder a home advantage. If not I still wouldn't like the idea of playing at Prospect or Norwood or Elizabeth as a neutral suburban venue, would you??  As they say in the classics "be careful what you wish for".

Point 3: Does the split round really matter. All we have to do is win a couple more than we lose during the whole season & we are probably in the finals if recent trends are anything to go by. The ladder shouldn't really bother you along the way because it is easy to work out which sides are performing & which ones aren't & roughly where they sit in the scheme of things. It will all be back to normal mid season so don't stress too much.

Good questions.
2. Three reasons I want suburban finals
2.a 4th deserves an advantage over 5th, and 2nd over 3rd etc. Makes barracking for West to get that advantage more vigorous.
2.b the Clubs stand to benefit more (though I could be corrected here)
2.c the atmosphere of a crowded suburban ground. The sparseness. echoes and seagulls at mostly empty stadiums don't give a fitting setting for SANFL finals.

3. You're right. This point is unimportant, but I'd like to know why the SANFL split the first round and why split rounds aren't together.
LukeO9
LukeO9

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Tue May 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Can't answer that last one Luke.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down