Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloods v Roosters match report

+9
Richmond Rocker
westiesforever
Coorong
firstblood
Thiele
Bloodntars
dl550
Mypaspective
blackandred
13 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Bloods v Roosters match report Empty Bloods v Roosters match report

Post by blackandred Sat May 09, 2015 7:04 pm

This was a good day to be a Bloods supporter. Firstly, the Ressies ran out easy winners, 13.11 to 8.12 and then the senior team crushed a hapless North Adelaide 19.12 to 7.6 in the main event.

We had 10 goal-kickers. Beech, Tuck and Nelson kicked 3 apiece and Green, Porplyzia and Stevens each 2. It was a pretty even team effort in cool and windy conditions but there were a few that stood out. Chris Schmidt was everywhere at the same time! He is a prolific possession gatherer but lets himself down with occasional lapses in discipline. Opponents can take advantage of his short fuse and he gave away a 25m penalty and a goal as a result in the first Q. The fact he is captain makes this all the more of an issue.

Josh Schiller (31 possessions) is improving every week and has a great workrate. This kid, he’s only 22yo, could play 200 games for the club (if he wants to), is a terrific competitor and does most of his good work in the toughest of places. Kaine Stevens had a great game, provides plenty of drive from the centre and finished it off with a couple of goals. He is much improved player from last year. Porplyzia is all class and creates scoring opportunities with his skill and footy smarts. Travis Tuck may be an intimidating presence on the field but he is also an exceptionally good footballer and a key member of this group. Beech took 11 marks and was dangerous all day.

Our backline only let through 7 goals and a few of them were from free kicks. With no Hartlett the group was led by 23yo Tommy Keough with strong back up from 17yo Aaron Francis (6 marks) and Riley Milne, complete with head bandage. Both Keough and Logan Hill ran down to kick goals such is the way they can turn defence into attack. There is something of a question mark over the fitness of Daniel Caire.

We started slowly again. At Q time we only had 2 goals and trailed North, 3.3 to 2.3. There were plenty of mistakes, turnovers and fumbles. The second Q saw us kicking with the wind and we started to hit our straps kicking 5.1 while North added only one goal, from a free late in the Q. Half time WA 7.4, NA 4.4.

Kicking into the wind in the third Q we slammed on 6 goals to their one and it was here we established our dominance. North supporters were leaving the ground during this Q. Lots of highlights but Shannon Green’s running goal was a beauty. 3Q 13.7 to NA 5.6. In the last Q a lot of interest went from the contest but we finished superbly banging on another 6 goals. If we hadn’t kicked 5 behinds as well we could have hit the magical 20 goal mark but still the coaching staff would be very happy with our run and fitness at the business end of the contest. 17 goals in 3 Qs of footy – not bad!

Schmidt, Haysman and Snelling had 49 handballs between them. We dominated the ruch 48 HOs to their 24. Nelson also proving dangerous when resting forward. North have been somewhat of a bogey for us but they were well out of the game today. Let’s keep a lid on this and not become complacent. Bring on the Bays. Go the Bloods!!
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Bloods v Roosters match report Empty Re: Bloods v Roosters match report

Post by Mypaspective Sat May 09, 2015 8:12 pm

B&R another good report but you keep mentioning Cairey's fitness being a concern.

I don't really see an issue with it. He is still a very important cog in the wheel & as every game passes (after a slow start to the season) he will only get fitter & better. His desperation always excites me & is a critical component of the way our whole team is playing at the moment.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by blackandred Sat May 09, 2015 8:40 pm

This is the first time I have made any mention of Daniel Caire's fitness - in my view he looked a bit proppy today at times.

Love the way he plays footy.
blackandred
blackandred

Number of posts : 252

Back to top Go down

Post by dl550 Sat May 09, 2015 8:54 pm

Glenelg despite being bottom - they are by no means a shambles - They managed to keep the gap the Eagles down to 4 goals after threatening to be blown apart late in the first half and early in the second. They haven't really been thrashed all season. Definitely a match to approach with caution. However the boys should be confident that their best footy will be more than enough to get the job done. And hopefully no more slow starts....

We do owe Glenelg one after that match last year - that was one of the lowest points since we finished bottom in the late 00's. Also that thug who took a cheap shot at Webb last year in that match - Alleway wasn't it?
dl550
dl550

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodntars Sat May 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Had to work today so missed this game. Enjoying reading these reports from B+R and others on the other thread.

Sounds like it was pretty even performance with everyone bar Nelson (kicked 3 goals)getting over 10 possessions.

Looking forward to the bays this week and we certaintly can't take them lightly.

I reckon it was McGinty who got Webb last year in that dreadful game.
Bloodntars
Bloodntars

Number of posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Sat May 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Sorry B&R it must have been someone else but it has been mentioned a week or two ago other than you're comment above.

Cheers. Doesn't it make the weekends much more enjoyable when we win.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2015 12:41 am

Random Thoughts.

1. As much as I like giving it to B&R it was me that said Caire looked unfit and slow.
2. While we played well North were shocking.
3. 10 Goal kickers and 19 goals is a great effort. It would have taken an Andy Collins team a month to kick that many goals.
4. Willits has been fantastic all year and Nelson is doing well.
5. Schiller, Wasley-Black and Stevens are improving every match.
6. Hard to believe that Francis didn't have anyone on him for half the match.
7. Can't believe how Schmidt got scragged all day.
8. West are playing exciting football that can get us into the finals this year.
9. Good to see the reserves win well.
10. Bring on the bays.  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun May 10, 2015 7:48 am

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 667

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Sun May 10, 2015 9:23 am

Yesterdays crowd - 1,588

That's 2 weeks in a row at City Mazda with attendances around 1,500

Should the SANFL and the West Adelaide FC be worried? I think so.

firstblood
firstblood

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The light keeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Coorong Sun May 10, 2015 11:03 am

It was nearly 1,502 but I bailed out.
Coorong
Coorong

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by westiesforever Sun May 10, 2015 11:54 am

I'm really enjoying how we run games out . I know North were severely undermanned yesterday but seeing us keep the foot on the throat to the final siren attacking and full of run was brilliant. I really hope Hardy can stay on the park and come back into the team kicking goals . With the quality forward crumbers we have a key target like him will make us even more potent.

On the crowd I always enjoy sitting by the northern deck the atmosphere there is great , it would be nice to have a crowd of 3 or 4 thousand at our home games but I fear that the intrusion of the AFL sides into our comp really has turned people off coming to games . It's sad because westies are playing an exciting , entertaining brand of footy that I look forward to seeing every week and so many others are missing out on it !

Left the ground with a 19 goal smile yesterday , go bloods !
westiesforever
westiesforever

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Richmond Rocker Sun May 10, 2015 12:45 pm

firstblood wrote:Yesterdays crowd - 1,588

That's 2 weeks in a row at City Mazda with attendances around 1,500

Should the SANFL and the West Adelaide FC be worried? I think so.

how can clubs generate income when attendances are so low. At least the crows have bought an extra 4000 to each game and the Port Powers Powers reserves and the Port Power reserves reserves are pushing more attendance Milestones (hahahaha). The SANFL is now in the process of selling off the assets of our clubs and propping up the Powers previous debts while handling them the licence and new stadium deals. Just like when the big "O" ran our state,sell sell,sell. And when you have sold everything get out and move to another Job. By the size of the crowds in the SANFL it is doomed, sold out to the Vics and dismantled as a breading ground for the AFL rather than a stand alone comp.
On a positive note - Great win by the bloods.
Richmond Rocker

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Sun May 10, 2015 1:38 pm

It was interesting reading The Roost and seeing how many of their supporters mentioned that they weren't going to the game because they're playing poorly. Bloods fans would have missed several seasons of footy if they adopted that approach.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by billrobs1 Sun May 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Can we have at least one topic without it degenerating into complaints about the AFL sides in the SANFL!!!!!

We had a great win with a side that is playing with a lot of passion and discipline. Can't we just be content with that for a while?
billrobs1
billrobs1

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Beswick Sun May 10, 2015 3:40 pm

Bring a friend to the next home game and as many kids (nieces, nephews...) as you can.
Mark Beswick
Mark Beswick

Number of posts : 314

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon May 11, 2015 11:35 am

Great to have a thumping win against North any time, and great to kick a big score, though we will probably never play a more depleted North team.
The slow starts continue though - we haven't won a first quarter this year I think. Might be time to try something new pre-game.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by Coorong Mon May 11, 2015 11:51 am

We did that once, River Murray league Senior Colts. Passed a flagon around 10 minutes before we went out. Won the First quarter AND the game.
Coorong
Coorong

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Mon May 11, 2015 12:46 pm

Coorong wrote:We did that once, River Murray league Senior Colts. Passed a flagon around 10 minutes before we went out. Won the First quarter AND the game.

I will drink to that Coorong. Very Happy Very Happy
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Permissions in this forum: