Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEST v Crows

+2
aldo russian
westiesforever
6 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

WEST v Crows Empty WEST v Crows

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:39 pm

Hardy in if fit and Caire in the reserves?  
Now that we are on a roll of one how much will we win by. I think 4-5 goals.
Great to see the new game plan working well.  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WEST v Crows Empty Re: WEST v Crows

Post by westiesforever Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:35 pm

I agree 4-5 goal win , Hardy back in and Tuck to play more midfield time even though I like him at CHF too 😃
westiesforever
westiesforever

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:23 pm

I'm not sure about Hardy coming straight in. He's short on match fitness and ideally you'd like to see him get through a full game at Reserves level and hold his marks. And do you then put Webb on the bench (not ideal in terms of midfield rotations) or try him again at CHF?
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1343

Back to top Go down

Post by bundy Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:56 pm

Bloods by 40 pts too fast to skillful.
bundy
bundy

Number of posts : 460
Job/hobbies : Lawn Bowls

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:05 pm

If selected James Ezard 150th

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Number of posts : 667

Back to top Go down

Post by westiesforever Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:06 pm

If Hardy plays 2's , what about bringing Nelson in to share the ruck with Webb and play Willits at FF
westiesforever
westiesforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:07 pm

Think the reserves will have an internal

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:52 pm

Can I put Francis as a Smokey to come in? Or is he still Away

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:18 pm

westiesforever wrote:If Hardy plays 2's , what about bringing Nelson in to share the ruck with Webb and play Willits at FF

Willits had 40-odd hit outs on Saturday, why would you move him out of the ruck? Willits and Webb are our best two ruckmen, and ruck is also where they play best. IMO playing 3 ruckmen in one side would diminish the edge we seem to have in pace and fitness.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by westiesforever Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Yeah I agree they are our best 2 ruckman but if hardy doesn't play we need a tall target forward and I think Willits would be the best out of those 3 to play forward. If Hardy was playing , you'd still have Webb and Willits in the side with him so really it doesn't affect our pace and fitness edge as Hardy isn't any really much quicker than Nelson.
westiesforever
westiesforever

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:45 am

That's true, but we are much more flexible with Hardy, Webb and Willits, because Hardy can play both ends of the ground, and Webb can play forward or ruck. When Nelson isn't rucking he's on the bench.
All that said, if Francis is available this week...his fitness and form is better than Hardy's, and he can play both ends.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:05 am

Both Webby & big Brucey are still a little bit behind with their fitness as both had slow starts to their preseason training. They were both running on empty in the last qtr against the Eagles as a result.

Webby was in rehab until well into the new year after his operations & Brucey didn't arrive due to work commitments until Christmas.

They have both done really well to get to where they are. Both would have sore legs after playing on that rock hard, cement like cricket square on Woodville Oval Saturday.

Hardy's ankle is taking a little longer than expected & I think Aaron Francis is still committed for a couple of weeks with the AIS Academy side.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:15 pm

WEST
West Adelaide forward Justin Hardy will miss Friday night’s match against Adelaide at City Mazda Stadium with an ankle injury.
The Ken Farmer Medallist originally hurt himself in the Bloods’ trial match against Glenelg but after medicos initially thought the former Bulldog would be OK, he has now succumbed to the lingering ailment.
‘’We initially thought Justin would be OK,’’ West football manager Andrew Marks said.
‘’But he’s had some scans on his ankle which have shown he is not as good as first thought. We’re unsure how long he will be out for.’’
Ruckman Peter Nelson has been recalled to the extended interchange bench while leadership group member Daniel Caire returns after serving a suspension in Round 2. Caire was penalised for one match after an incident in the final minor round game of the season last year.
Promising midfielder Brett Turner has been omitted.
Magarey Medallist James Ezard will play his 150th league match since arriving at Richmond via the SANFL Mini Draft in 2005.

League
F: Snelling, Milne, Porplyzia
HF: Silverlock, Willits, Fielke
C: Beech, Schmidt, Stevens
HB: Helbig, Hartlett, Green
B: Ezard, Keough, Caire

R: Webb, Tuck, Schiller
INT: Agostino, Wasley-Black, Hill, Nelson, Haysman
IN: Nelson, Caire
OUT: Hardy, Turner

Under-18
Kennedy, Ferraro, Cornish, Cameron, L. Evans, Stevens, Bonner, Francis, Trussell, Toohey, Nisbett, Brind, Stidiford, Hayball, Smithson, Thunig, O’Driscoll, Noonan, Pillion, Munn, Coates, Hocking, Andrews, Beard.

2015 PREMIERS. GO BLOODS
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:32 pm

Poor Hardy and Turner got dropped and they didn't even play. Classic. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:56 pm

Yeah, hard to hold your spot if you don't play I guess. Impeccable research.
One thing I find interesting is that, like most clubs, we publish sides that bear little resemblance to the way we will line up, yet invariably we give away the identity of the players who will drop out of the squad by naming them last on the interchange bench. I would have money on Nelson and Haysman dropping out of the squad.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Back to top Go down

Post by scorpion Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Thats why they should put a List of players
Instead of Placing them on a sheet
scorpion
scorpion

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down