Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Match Catering

+2
Lee Harradine
dl550
6 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Go down

Home Match Catering Empty Home Match Catering

Post by dl550 Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:04 pm

Sorry if this might sound like a stupid question to some, but in regards to the home matches, where am i better to spend my money to directly support the WAFC in regards to eating and drinking at home matches?

Am i better off to have a meal and drinks in the Bistro?

Or am i better off buying some food and beers from the bar/catering stalls in the oval?

Or does a third party take some cut from this?

Cheers.

dl550
dl550

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Home Match Catering Empty Re: Home Match Catering

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Very good question, dl550.

You'll be pleased that the answer is as follows:

The proceeds of everything sold at home games through the BBQ and the kiosk goes 100% to the club, thanks to our wonderful volunteers.

It's the same with all bar takings.

The Bistro proceeds go to MGM Catering, who are Greg and Heather, wonderful long-time supporters and sponsors of the club, who pay the club a rental to operate the bistro.

So the answer is to buy a pie and a drink from the kiosk, a steak or sanger sandwich from the BBQ for lunch, then celebrate a win with a meal at the bistro and a drink at the bar afterwards.

That's spoken by me as Finance Director, of course Very Happy , but if everyone did that. we would be doing well.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Number of posts : 2174

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:57 pm

Probably both options are good for the club dl.

The club has recently entered into a contract with MGM Catering (Greg McKEEVER & Heather Holmes) who run the Bistro. They keep the revenue from the food & the club keeps the beverage income. In saying that we want to encourage members to use the Bistro as much as possible because MGM pay a substantial annual lease fee to the club for those rights & it is important that they are supported to make it work for all parties.  

All the revenue from the BBQ, the canteens & the bars stay with the club.

The new Venue Mgr. Andrew White is reviewing the  oval catering operations to try to streamline them, minimise queues & provide quicker service at games. This may not be immediately noticeable but he will be studying the first couple of home games to work out what needs to be done to improve our service to patrons. He is working really well, has a great deal of experience in major sporting venues & you should see positive changes as the year progresses.

I guess your choice is a quality sit down meal in the bistro or casual food on the terraces. I would suggest you book if you want to eat in the Bistro before a home game.

BOTH definitely assist the club greatly so thanks for your enquiry, I hope this has helped you.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Sorry for the double up Lee. I think we must have posted at the sme time.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by dl550 Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:22 pm

Thanks guys, hope this has been of some information to others also.

So the answer is to buy a pie and a drink from the kiosk, a steak or sanger sandwich from the BBQ for lunch, then celebrate a win with a meal at the bistro and a drink at the bar afterwards.

Geez Lee, If only i could eat that much Wink
dl550
dl550

Number of posts : 46

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:54 pm

dl550 wrote:Thanks guys, hope this has been of some information to others also.

Geez Lee, If only i could eat that much Wink

Very Happy
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:55 pm

No problem, MP.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:00 pm

Well I hope all our food outlets are well stocked up this Friday night. What with the massive Crows following of perhaps 100 there they are sure to be run off their feet!
Real clever management letting the two AFL clubs in that was. Mad
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:34 am

Get over it TAARS & move on.

Whinging about will not change things.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:54 am

Can someone tell the dude in charge of the catering that we are playing this Friday and that we need hot pies and milk for coffee. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Mypaspective wrote:Get over it TAARS & move on.

Whinging about will not change things.

I don't think it's unreasonable to express your view about this event, and I think if enough people do it may well change, and sooner than some think.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1354

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:06 pm

Followed this site for a long time, and Westies a whole lot longer - I agree with aldo, and support discussion on this contentious issue!
RODH2
RODH2

Number of posts : 366

Back to top Go down

Post by TAAARS Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:09 pm

Exactly Aldo, These management types ( and i don't know if Myperspective is, but sure sounds like one)think they know best of course. They stick their head in the sand and don't listen or even consult the membership when they make these decisions,then when it all turns to s##t and members walk away in despair is it their fault? Certainly not. We are just a bunch of disloyal ungrateful so and so's.
Lets see what happens with Westlakes next. Will the SANFL develop the area,or if they can't alone then in partnership and therefore be the landlord and have an income stream for generations to come,or, sell it off. Blow the money in a couple of years, then cry poor from then on? Guess which option my money will be on?
TAAARS
TAAARS

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:58 pm

TAAARS, the SANFL have already sold off West lakes and through the action of some of the 'management types' you mention, a good amount of money will flow to us and the other clubs.

As for consulting with the membership, I think it's fair to say the club has never consulted more closely with members than it does right now. Did you attend the Information Night held before Christmas to ask the members their opinion on our new financing arrangement before we went ahead?

The club has never (and will never) blame members for any club problems and have never intimated in the slightest degree that members are ungrateful or disloyal.

Our members are the most loyal in the SANFL, in my opinion.

We value your support and I hope if you have any problems that you will contact me or the club and we'll do our very best to help.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Harradine Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:58 pm

RODH2 wrote: Followed this site for a long time, and Westies a whole lot longer -  I agree with aldo, and support discussion on this contentious issue!

Welcome to posting, RODH2.
Lee Harradine
Lee Harradine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:59 pm

Fair enough Aldo & TAARS. I was just expressing my view as not everyone was against it. IMO the decision to allow their entry was the better of 2 evils. I think every club would have preferred NOT to be faced with having to make the decision that was made.

With regard to the AAMI Stadium sale I can inform you of the outcome.

AAMI Stadium was sold late last year to a development company called C&G for $71M plus a percentage trailer on the sale of each property as it is developed .

It has been split up into 9 parcels of land for development into a combination of housing, aged care, commercial & retail. Each parcel needs to be paid for before it is handed over to the developer which will protect the SANFL in the case of the company going bad. In the event of the company failing part way through, the SANFL still owns the remaining land. A pretty good watertight deal I would have thought. Completely protecting the interests of the shareholders, the remaining eight SANFL clubs.

The first parcel of land was paid for late last year for $10m which was then paid straight to the AFL. This debt with the AFL had accumulated as a result of money borrowed to prop up PAFC. Most unfortunate!!!

The balance will be used to clear both SANFL debt which now stands at $26m & each club will receive $2M over the next 7 yrs starting next Oct 2016 (a total of $16M). The clubs must only use the money to pay down debt as part of the deal. If a club has no debt it must present an approved business case to the SANFL for use of the money as a revenue earner before it is used. The money cannot be used for general revenue, players or anything like that. The money will be closely scrutinised by annual SANFL audits.

Following the 7 yrs of distribution of these funds the SANFL will be then accumulating a Futures Fund for the SANFL & SA footy. If everything goes well this could end up at $30m plus by 2022. Not far away really.

A pretty good result I believe. Hope this gives you & other readers some comfort.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down