Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloods v Eagles match report

+12
dl550
Bloodntars
scorpion
brodlach
bundy
westiesforever
Lee Harradine
Lachlan
Thiele
Mypaspective
Wolf Pack
blackandred
16 posters

:: FORUM :: BLOODS FORUM

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bloods v Eagles match report - Page 2 Empty Re: Bloods v Eagles match report

Post by Audamus Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:07 am

A good enjoyable win and a good performance from the players. My one comment is that IMO the moves the coach made for the last quarter, Travis Tuck on ball, Chris Schmidt to mid field, had a big effect on the outcome.
Audamus
Audamus

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:11 pm

Lachlan wrote:Di550

A good post for sure. The crows will be a much better side than last year and they nearly beat North at Prospect.
We need to find a key marking target up forward that's for sure. Hardy should be back next week and hopefully Webby will spend more time up there as well. When you have 17 more inside 50's than your opposition you really should win by a more than 6 points

I agree with you Lachlan but I think we are meeting the cows at the right time, they had two injuries from the game against north (Podsiadly a back injury and Dear a shoulder injury) plus Thompson was best for them and will probably be in there AFL side.

As for Saturdays game what a great effort after the eagles forged ahead by 5 goals midway through the 3rd term to come back and win on there deck. It is only one game and we need to keep it in perspective but the signs are good.
testy
testy

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:29 pm

It must be some time since we were that far behind in a game and won. Over the last few years, once we got behind by 3 or 4 goals, we ususally couldn't score quickly enough to have a chance. But di550 makes a very good point - we must have a way of countering run-ons.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by Mypaspective Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:27 am

I think that was impressed me the most. I think in the past we would have just about raised the white flag when five goals behind but Aldo is right the quick attacking game style MM has introduced enables us to turn things around very quickly.

Having said that I would prefer to see us not having to catch up a deficit to win games. This will come I'm sure as the team play more together & get used to each other. We have quite a few new players in the side.

One player who has not been mentioned but I thought had an impact & showed his elite kicking skills was young Erin Wasley-Black. I thought his debut was pleasing. He should only get better.
Mypaspective
Mypaspective

Number of posts : 372

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:54 am

Mypaspective wrote:I think that was impressed me the most. I think in the past we would have just about raised the white flag when five goals behind but Aldo is right the quick attacking game style MM has introduced enables us to turn things around very quickly.

Having said that I would prefer to see us not having to catch up a deficit to win games. This will come I'm sure as the team play more together & get used to each other. We have quite a few new players in the side.

One player who has not been mentioned but I thought had an impact & showed his elite kicking skills was young Erin Wasley-Black. I thought his debut was pleasing. He should only get better.

West have seen the light. Hallelujah. Look out Norwood we now have a secret weapon. We are going to attack. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aldo russian Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:20 am

Something to work on is that some of our senior players were very quiet in the first part of the match. At about the half-way point of the 3rd quarter, Beech, Porplyzia and Tuck had had just 7 disposals each, and Ezard 5. These guys need to impose themselves on the game from the start.
aldo russian
aldo russian

Number of posts : 1344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2